Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 08:33 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,803,324 times

Advertisements

I am reminded of Michael Jackson how eventually we began to say he is still loved in Japan because the rest of the world had had enough of his antics.

It seems we are quickly getting to that point with Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 08:35 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Imagine this scenario. It is several days after 9/11. American is still reeling from this attack. GWB makes a speech in an attempt to calm a shocked nation. Then the President of one of our closest allies goes on Twitter and lies outright about the statement made by GWB, and he does so purely to score political points with his dwindling faction of supporters at home.

Now imagine that said President was set for a roll-out-the-red-carpet state visit with all the bells and whistles. I'm guessing a whole lot of Americans would strenuously object to such a visit by a president who consciously and egregiously lied and attempted to sow dissent in our country for his own political gain in the immediate aftermath of our national tragedy. And I also have little doubt you would be one of them.

Nope, never saw President Obama behave like a spoiled adolescent, but I've seen the guy you support as president do so time and time again. Maybe it's time for him to be on the other end of his childish behavior for a change. Or at the very least, suffer some consequences for behaving like an ass.
Good post.

But why several days?

Old 06-06-2017, 08:38 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Keep digging Donald, you're not to the bottom yet.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:40 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,535,357 times
Well, I do wonder what kind of welcome Trump will receive in the U.K.

I do know what kind of welcome he would receive if visiting New Zealand.

Rex Tillerson gets frosty welcome in New Zealand – complete with single finger salutes

Old 06-06-2017, 08:50 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Only the people of London are ill-informed, brainwashed, self centered idiots for electing him.

Don't we wish if they were enlightened by your wisdom?
Considering the situation the US is in... "pot, meet kettle".

Old 06-06-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, like him or not, he is the American president.

Nothing changed the fact that Khan has called on the British government to cancel a planned state visit by Donald Trump after being criticised.

Quite frankly, I am pretty mad at Trump. He should let the British people make the decision if Khan is a competent leader or not. But now, they (well, most) are united against Trump. Not good. This is how people work sometimes.
Would you care to explain exactly why it appears that the Brits are now united against trump? Could it have anything to do with his behavior?

Old 06-06-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I have no issues or opinions about Khan. (in term of his leadership skills) I can only judge based on what I have seen. He sounds pretty vindictive, maybe he has a reason to be mad, but, I think he didn't handle the situation (twitter situation) well. It is just my opinion that doesn't really matter much.
How is he being vindictive? And, why shouldn't he react to trump's attacks on twitter? After all, it really looks like trump started the issue with his tweets. Why would anyone want to have to host someone who clearly doesn't understand how to act appropriately in his position as prez?

Old 06-06-2017, 09:01 AM

12,874 posts, read 22,050,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Would you care to explain exactly why it appears that the Brits are now united against trump? Could it have anything to do with his behavior?
Lord in the heavens, no! It's the MSM, Muslims, and *******s. Those are the ONLY reasons for less than positive to happen to Trump. Certainly not his own doing. What's wrong with you?!

*edited to add*
And immigrants. I forgot immigrants. And also Obama. And Hillary. And RINOs. And the "Establishment." Also "Deep State." Elites. I forgot Elites too. Especially Hollywood Elites. Also Coastal Elites. All of the Elites. Except Eli Manning because he's not Elite.

*ETA2*
Apparently "libtar ds" is not allowed on C-D. Thanks a lot, Obama.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:06 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
How is he being vindictive? And, why shouldn't he react to trump's attacks on twitter? After all, it really looks like trump started the issue with his tweets.
well, The London mayor, Sadiq Khan, has called on the British government to cancel a planned state visit by Donald Trump after being criticised in two tweets by the US president.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vel-ban-london

To me, it is pretty vindictive and quite frankly, stupid, to respond to personal attack. (And Trump is no saint in this area.)

He (Khan) makes it a national issue when it was nothing but a personal attack of him from Trump.

Kind of like a poster has a problem with my post, and she made it sound like I am the enemy of the state. LOL Just report me to the mod will solve the issue. lol

Quote:
Why would anyone want to have to host someone who clearly doesn't understand how to act appropriately in his position as prez?
You might want to ask Theresa May that question.

Theresa May appeared unwilling to be drawn into the row. She praised Khan’s response to the attack but refused to explicitly comment on the US president’s intervention.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vel-ban-london

Old 06-06-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I hope the mayor doesn't. The only time we get any relief from Trump's inappropriate behavior is when he's overseas.
Actually, no we don't get any relief from his behavior - remember, when he is out there, the media from the rest of the world is free to cover him without being locked out of the oval office. We were just treated to daily behavior reports on his first trip. Although, it might be fun to see video of a trump in full meltdown mode because he didn't get to ride in the royal carriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies