Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 05:01 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The Mayor of London deserves to be derided, debased and demeaned:

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says being prepared for terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says being prepared for terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city | The Independent

There shouldn't be any terror attacks and the UK ought to be limiting immigration of Muslims and deporting Muslims who are threats to peace and safety.

You missed the entire point. There shouldn't be any increased police presence necessary. The increase in the number of police is not free, either, it costs lots of money. Why should the people of London waste money unnecessarily?
I guess today we learned that the mayor of London decides UK immigration policy. Is there a lab somewhere dedicated to inventing new forms of ignorance for conservatives to test out on this board?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 05:02 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,124,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The Mayor of London deserves to be derided, debased and demeaned:

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says being prepared for terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says being prepared for terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city | The Independent

There shouldn't be any terror attacks and the UK ought to be limiting immigration of Muslims and deporting Muslims who are threats to peace and safety.

You missed the entire point. There shouldn't be any increased police presence necessary. The increase in the number of police is not free, either, it costs lots of money. Why should the people of London waste money unnecessarily?
What a horrible mayor to say that if this is true. How about "We will not let this happen again" They need a new Mayor.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:03 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump deliberately misrepresented his words.
I've come to realize that we're assuming Trump could maintain context from one sentence to the next. We may be guilty of suspecting malice where stupidity is so clearly present.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:04 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
The Mayor of London should at this time be left alone to deal with the aftermath of a horrific attack in his city. A US President should at this time be showing support and not starting an infantile personal PR war. The POTUS should be acting better than that.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:11 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
What a horrible mayor to say that if this is true. How about "We will not let this happen again" They need a new Mayor.
You've missed the point of the mayor's remarks. He's telling people that there will be increased police presence and not to be alarmed at that, we're taking care of it.

The other thing is that you don't seem to understand is the psychology of terrorism and the British, and Londoner psyche.

The point of terrorism is that it's a form of psychological battle. Terrorists by their very definition, are in a weak position. They aren't able to persuade others in a popular, peaceful way with their ideas, so they try to strike fear in a populace so that they'll change their habits and become more fearful. They're successful if they do that.

Londoners in particular have that "stiff upper lip" - we get thrown for a loop, we carry on. They might say, "Hitler didn't faze us 70 years ago with the Blitz. We can deal."

So that means that Trump, and many Americans, are too easily rattled. Or that Trump is trying to exploit this for his own cynical political purposes. Never mind that we Yanks seem to not pay that much attention to our 12,000 homicides by firearms each year but caterwaul endlessly about terrorism.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:17 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
This president is not just a disgrace to America, he's a disgrace to civilized human beings.

Trump has nothing better to do than troll and harass a mayor of a major world city who is coping with a tragedy and loss of life? Seriously? Maybe because he is supposedly 'donating' his salary, Trump feels he does not have to do any real work.

There have been more deaths caused by gun violence in the US in the last couple of months than from terrorism in the UK for the entire year.

Should we be alarmed about it? Should another country's leader be harassing Trump about it?

How anyone at all can defend this so-called president is beyond me--I really cannot believe how low standards are for this guy. Please picture British PM Tony Blair harassing Giuliani after 9/11 for not reacting correctly. There are no words to describe how outraged Americans would be.

This is so wrong on so many levels, it is difficult to believe this guy is sitting in the Oval Office. Very difficult. Sorry--but he is behaving like an ignorant Class A jerk.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:37 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Neatly demonstrating that he has the attention span of an oyster.

The mayor's announcement was this: Calm, neat - we're increasing police, don't be alarmed about more uniforms on the street.

Trump, having the reading comprehension of a 6-year-old, takes "Don't be alarmed" out of context and decides that the best way the US can support an old stalwart ally is to attack the leader who's dealing with the crisis. It's an impulsive, stupid, disloyal and heartless comment. Neatly putting Trump's character on display.

yep. he really really needs to put down that phone or step away from whatever he is using to do all of his tweeting. it's not funny anymore. he can't control himself.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:44 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,917 times
Quote:
Time to open that ice skating rink in Hades, because we agree on something.

Are you ready to perhaps even place some blame on Trump?
Please.. in scientific or logical fashion explain how we should place blame.

Please... leave all stupidity at the door (I know, it may be hard).

Quote:
He's a Muslim, so...
So...

1. The Koran supports everything the attackers are doing.
2. The Koran supports lying about such support.

Can we say "I am a stupid tea pot" for believing anything the mayor says?

Or, are you going to defend against what the terrorist did?

Please? Please defend against it so I can show all the teachings of Islam that supports it! PLEASE?

Quote:
First you complain about no evidence being presented regarding a well-covered news story, then you dump a stinker of an unsupported assertion like that. Cute.
I am sorry, I do not see a specific reference of support to your accusation. I will wait until you provide proper support.

Toodles Islamic Supporter!

Old 06-05-2017, 05:45 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
I lived 30 miles away from Ground Zero. I can remember Trump's friend Rudy, America's Mayor, urging every one to be CALM. Wrong? Want MILLIONS of people in a PANIC in the streets, whether in London or NYC? Order has to be maintained.

Only difference that I can see is that London's freely elected Mayor is a MUSLIM, unlike Rudolph Guiliani.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:49 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Good on Trump! We need someone to cut the bull crap instead of simply changing our facebook pics to a rainbow!
Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies