Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 06:50 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,548,535 times

Advertisements

Ok, I've read less than half of the pages. I just don't get it that Trump was voted in when there are so many people on here making (sadly) hilarious comments about his presidency.

Why was he voted in when people think so poorly of him (me included and I'd also say MOST of Canada and other countries) My word for him is a buffoon and I used to think Bush was an idiot. Nope... Trump rides at the front end of the short bus.

I can't remember there ever being such controversy, debates and insults over an elected president in all my years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 07:00 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,253,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I have no issues or opinions about Khan. (in term of his leadership skills) I can only judge based on what I have seen. He sounds pretty vindictive, maybe he has a reason to be mad, but, I think he didn't handle the situation (twitter situation) well. It is just my opinion that doesn't really matter much.
He doesn't sound vindictive to me, here's what he said
Quote:
“I don’t think we should roll out the red carpet to the president of the USA in the circumstances where his policies go against everything we stand for,” he said.

“When you have a special relationship it is no different from when you have got a close mate. You stand with them in times of adversity but you call them out when they are wrong. There are many things about which Donald Trump is wrong.”
He's right, you don't roll out the red carpet for someone that is so wrong about so many things and is against the core values of the British people. And he's just calling for cancelling the state visit - Trump can visit but no riding with the Queen (who I doubt would want to see him anyway, her husband certainly wouldn't and neither would Prince Charles and I doubt William or Harry would be keen on spending time with him either) and no fancy treatment to someone that can't talk civilly to their ally.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:03 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
[quote=JerseyGirl415;48405809] I don't see this as attacking an ally at all. /QUOTE]
London and the UK considers it attacking an ally. does it matter what they think?

Old 06-06-2017, 07:04 AM

1,693 posts, read 1,531,251 times
Exclamation Don Jr. Joins Father in Bashing London Mayor

Like father, like son...

Donald Trump Jr. joins father in bashing London mayor - POLITICO

Old 06-06-2017, 07:04 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
He doesn't sound vindictive to me, here's what he said

He's right, you don't roll out the red carpet for someone that is so wrong about so many things and is against the core values of the British people. And he's just calling for cancelling the state visit - Trump can visit but no riding with the Queen (who I doubt would want to see him anyway, her husband certainly wouldn't and neither would Prince Charles and I doubt William or Harry would be keen on spending time with him either) and no fancy treatment to someone that can't talk civilly to their ally.
well, he was right about "roll out the red carpet" part, I will give you that.

But I was talking about this

Quote:
The London mayor, Sadiq Khan, has called on the British government to cancel a planned state visit by Donald Trump after being criticised in two tweets by the US president.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vel-ban-london

Theresa May appeared unwilling to be drawn into the row. She praised Khan’s response to the attack but refused to explicitly comment on the US president’s intervention.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vel-ban-london
He could have handled the situation a lot better. He appears petty and vindictive.

Just like Trump, by the way.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:06 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times
Quote:
well, the bold, it is pretty safe to assume that you have no ideas what I was talking about either.

I never said he (Khan) said anything wrong after the terrorist attack.
In post #223, in response to this question "What exactly did President Trump say that has his panties in a twist?" you claim that you have "no idea" what Trump said to offend Khan.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:07 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Go back and look at the tweets he made following the attack.

First he linked to drudge report.
Then he touted his Muslim ban.
He sent two tweets criticizing Khan.
He sent one tweet offering support.
He sent more tweets about his ban, which would have done nothing to stop the London attack.

When your ally is attacked, the appropriate response is the one the ambassador made - support. Period.
Oh, Drudge Report! That's certainly a sin.

What "Muslim ban?" When was there a "Muslim ban?"

What did he criticize Khan for?

I've seen more than one Tweet offering support.

I think his point on the travel ban is quite valid, and of course it wouldn't have stopped the London attack (duh?), but it very well could prevent such an attack here in the USA.

Oh, so your criticism is that he used the occasion to make a point that we need to do more to protect ourselves? He should have only offered support? Is that what bothers you? How odd.

I think the appropriate response was to offer support and make the point that more must be done to prevent such attacks in the future. Why do you think that is wrong?

How many times did Obama go golfing after an attack? Benghazi is one. He went golfing the morning after four Americans were killed in that attack. What about the other attacks on our soil? I think we could do a search and find out. Then we'll see how he measures up to your standard.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:10 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He really needs to shut the hell up. We should be offering our support to our ally, not misquoting and deriding the mayor of their largest city.

I am completely disgusted by him. I hope the people of the UK know that he doesn't speak for most Americans.
Maybe the mayor of London needs to shut the hell up.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:11 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
In post #223, in response to this question "What exactly did President Trump say that has his panties in a twist?" you claim that you have "no idea" what Trump said to offend Khan.
well, in my opinion, he certainly has his panties in a twist. and he shouldn't. That is what my "no idea" meant.

He certainly got his panties in a twist, over a twitter comment? lol and now he wanted to tell his government to cancelled PLANNED visit.

That is petty and vindictive. duh!

Have you seen President Obama acting that way? Got his pantis in a twist like that? LOL By the way, I am not a president Obama fan, but he certainly never acted like an adult child.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:16 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Who cares, that mayor is a terror supporter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies