Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 07:24 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, in my opinion, he certainly has his panties in a twist. and he shouldn't. That is what my "no idea" meant.

He certainly got his panties in a twist, over a twitter comment? lol and now he wanted to tell his government to cancelled PLANNED visit.

That is petty and vindictive. duh!

Have you seen President Obama acting that way? Got his pantis in a twist like that? LOL By the way, I am not a president Obama fan, but he certainly never acted like an adult child.
Which is why I suggested that you don't understand the facts, and therefore can't understand the implications. Trump is imagining that the Mayor of a city in a foreign country said some ridiculous things. That Mayor is obviously concerned that the President of the United States is makes such ridiculous, offensive, and false claims because they interfere with efforts to maintain calm after a terrorist attack.

Any rational person would be very concerned about such an unstable, manipulative, lying foreigner with influence spreading similar, damaging propaganda and lies in person. There's nothing vindictive in being wary of an unstable foreign leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 07:38 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,253,917 times
Quote:
well, he was right about "roll out the red carpet" part, I will give you that.

But I was talking about this

He could have handled the situation a lot better. He appears petty and vindictive.

Just like Trump, by the way.
The quote was from the article you linked to - that was the extent of him calling for the state visit to be cancelled. Not petty, not vindictive, but quite appropriate.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Which is why I suggested that you don't understand the facts, and therefore can't understand the implications. Trump is imagining that the Mayor of a city in a foreign country said some ridiculous things. That Mayor is obviously concerned that the President of the United States is makes such ridiculous, offensive, and false claims because they interfere with efforts to maintain calm after a terrorist attack.

Any rational person would be very concerned about such an unstable, manipulative, lying foreigner with influence spreading similar, damaging propaganda and lies in person. There's nothing vindictive in being wary of an unstable foreign leader.
Exactly.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:47 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

whatever makes you happy.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:48 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
The quote was from the article you linked to - that was the extent of him calling for the state visit to be cancelled. Not petty, not vindictive, but quite appropriate.
That is your opinion.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:54 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
well, in my opinion, he certainly has his panties in a twist. and he shouldn't. That is what my "no idea" meant.

He certainly got his panties in a twist, over a twitter comment? lol and now he wanted to tell his government to cancelled PLANNED visit.

That is petty and vindictive. duh!
Imagine this scenario. It is several days after 9/11. American is still reeling from this attack. GWB makes a speech in an attempt to calm a shocked nation. Then the President of one of our closest allies goes on Twitter and lies outright about the statement made by GWB, and he does so purely to score political points with his dwindling faction of supporters at home.

Now imagine that said President was set for a roll-out-the-red-carpet state visit with all the bells and whistles. I'm guessing a whole lot of Americans would strenuously object to such a visit by a president who consciously and egregiously lied and attempted to sow dissent in our country for his own political gain in the immediate aftermath of our national tragedy. And I also have little doubt you would be one of them.

Quote:
Have you seen President Obama acting that way? Got his pantis in a twist like that? LOL By the way, I am not a president Obama fan, but he certainly never acted like an adult child.
Nope, never saw President Obama behave like a spoiled adolescent, but I've seen the guy you support as president do so time and time again. Maybe it's time for him to be on the other end of his childish behavior for a change. Or at the very least, suffer some consequences for behaving like an ass.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
That is your opinion.
What is petty or vindictive in those words I quoted?

Old 06-06-2017, 08:03 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,803,324 times
Default London Mayor wants to cancel Trump visit

Sorry Trump if the Mayor has his way no breakfast for you at Tiffany's.

London mayor calls for cancellation of Trump visit to UK | TheHill

"“I don’t think we should roll out the red carpet to the president of the USA in the circumstances where his policies go against everything we stand for,” Khan said in an interview "

Old 06-06-2017, 08:04 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
He should cancel, it's too dangerous over there.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:05 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He should cancel, it's too dangerous over there.

hiding from the terrorists like a precious snowflake that he is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies