Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 10:00 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Does he understand what an ally is? Well, probably not.
I realize it's bad form to answer rhetorical questions, but I suspect he may not. He seems to view every interaction as having a winner and a loser - you either give it or get it, every advantage you get has to be a disadvantage for me. Mutual advantage means you could have gotten more, had you pressed harder.

Speculation, but seems to fit a lot of his actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 10:16 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Devious dismissal.

Evidence of the previous comment to be a devious dismissal.

Comment? Sure...

1. I do not think the president should be getting into these quarrels.

2. The London Mayor is a Muslim sympathizer and approves of the killings. You people would understand this if you paid attention to the actions of the "esteem professionals" in Libya. He is a radical, he approves, which is why all of his actions will be mild objections and policies that continue the killing.

This is what you progressives want here in the US.

Better gear up, because we won't act like the peasants of Europe.
wow

Old 06-05-2017, 10:16 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I realize it's bad form to answer rhetorical questions, but I suspect he may not. He seems to view every interaction as having a winner and a loser - you either give it or get it, every advantage you get has to be a disadvantage for me. Mutual advantage means you could have gotten more, had you pressed harder.

Speculation, but seems to fit a lot of his actions.
Trump is alienating our allies which is not a good thing. Honestly, I don't think he has a clue what he is doing. He relies on others to think for him

Old 06-05-2017, 10:29 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He really needs to shut the hell up. We should be offering our support to our ally, not misquoting and deriding the mayor of their largest city.

I am completely disgusted by him. I hope the people of the UK know that he doesn't speak for most Americans.
Offering support by doing what? More apologies and lighting candles and holding hands and changing our profile pictures to the union jack? This is the mayor who said that these attacks are just part of life in a big city. Well, there you have it then, Mr. Khan. Just another day in London, huh? Maybe, unfortunately, thanks to people like you.

How about we start telling it like it is? Even Theresa May said after this that things need to change in the UK. She's right, and it's not just the UK where things need to change.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:46 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
We've really reached a new low.

The President of the United States, in the wake of a terrorist attack, saw fit not to stand with our allies, but rather to lie about the London mayor, and then attack the mayor based on lies that Trump himself made up.

It's just sad. His conduct is not merely unbecoming of the President, it's unbecoming of any decent human being.

I do hope that someday he and his supporters reflect back on this time and realize what utterly disgusting, completely abhorrent human beings they've become.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Offering support by doing what? More apologies and lighting candles and holding hands and changing our profile pictures to the union jack? This is the mayor who said that these attacks are just part of life in a big city. Well, there you have it then, Mr. Khan. Just another day in London, huh? Maybe, unfortunately, thanks to people like you.

How about we start telling it like it is? Even Theresa May said after this that things need to change in the UK. She's right, and it's not just the UK where things need to change.
Honestly, that's a sign of solidarity for our allies in the world. And it means a lot to them. And what do you want the mayor to do....lie and say this will never happen again. What is May doing about it?

Old 06-05-2017, 10:57 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, that's a sign of solidarity for our allies in the world. And it means a lot to them. And what do you want the mayor to do....lie and say this will never happen again. What is May doing about it?
BS. It wouldn't mean a thing to me. We've seen far too many attacks all over the West for it all to still be meaningful. It's the same thing each time, and attacks keep coming. What good does it do? What means something, or what should mean something, is to get serious about stopping these threats and attacks. May herself said they've been too tolerant. What will she do about it? I have no idea, not my problem or decision ultimately, but I can only hope she has a plan and isn't talking out of her a**. I'm just glad that she acknowledged what she did. That's the first step.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:00 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
He speaks for the most of us. We all think sadiq is scum.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:03 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
BS. It wouldn't mean a thing to me. We've seen far too many attacks all over the West for it all to still be meaningful. It's the same thing each time, and attacks keep coming. What good does it do? What means something, or what should mean something, is to get serious about stopping these threats and attacks. May herself said they've been too tolerant. What will she do about it? I have no idea, not my problem or decision ultimately, but I can only hope she has a plan and isn't talking out of her a**. I'm just glad that she acknowledged what she did. That's the first step.
OK, so holding hands and singing kumbaya doesn't accomplish anything. Fine.

Exactly what good is accomplished by using a terrorist attack as an opportunity to attack and lie about an ally?

Old 06-05-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Solidarity sends a message that we aren't afraid of them. Their message is to invoke fear. Unfortunately, the UK doesn't seem to have the same intelligence the US has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies