Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 11:10 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It is not going over well in the UK from all that I have read. Trump was already not popular there. His actions in the last 48 hours make it even worse. I am thinking he will not be warmly greeted there when OR if he ever visits as POTUS.
Oh, Waaaaaaaaaaa. Let us know when they are able to vote for U.S. President. 'Til then, who cares what they think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 11:14 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Good on Trump! We need someone to cut the bull crap instead of simply changing our facebook pics to a rainbow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
He is an idiot. Why can't his handlers close his twitter account. It does nothing but show how much an idiot he is.

As the first quote demonstrates, Trump needs to act like an offensive idiot, to keep his supporters salivating and scurrying along behind him. He tested-out this technique during his campaign rallies and has refined it into a form of dark art.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:23 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
OK, so holding hands and singing kumbaya doesn't accomplish anything. Fine.

Exactly what good is accomplished by using a terrorist attack as an opportunity to attack and lie about an ally?
Damn straight it doesn't.

This is where you and I differ. I don't see this as attacking an ally at all. I see it as Trump saying something that needs to be said, because far too many people in power just won't address what he is bold enough to address. People are focusing on his specific tweet rather than his message. He is clearly not pleased with the way Europe has been handling terror and refugees/immigrants, and he's allowed to feel that way and voice his opinions on it, no matter how undiplomatic he may go about it. European leaders have been mocking him online lately so what the hell is the difference? People are honestly getting caught up in sh*t that doesn't matter, unsurprisingly.

People are dying from these attacks, which seem to be happening with more frequency. We can sit around being shocked and outraged at what Trump has said or done or we can start getting angry at what is being done to us in the West by people who hate us and want to hurt us and start getting angry at other politicians for the way THEY handle these situations. The mayor of London has bigger issues to worry about than what Donald Trump says about him on twitter. I suggest he gets on those issues - but then again, these attacks are just life in the big city, aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Solidarity sends a message that we aren't afraid of them. Their message is to invoke fear. Unfortunately, the UK doesn't seem to have the same intelligence the US has.
They're not going to stop just because we show solidarity. Clearly it hasn't worked yet because each time France or the UK or the US is attacked, people worldwide "show solidarity" yet we see more. A lot of these people are lone wolves, essentially, disconnected from ISIS and other groups. We are seeing a slightly different wave of terrorism than we saw on, say, 9/11, when a foreign group with a lot of money banded together to plan a large scale devastating attack. A similar attack would be unlikely now that it's happened once, I mean an attack on a similar scale not necessarily using the same means, so the new method is to infiltrate countries - and that is exactly what some are doing - and just attack randomly, small incidents that add up. Another method is to recruit/brainwash people who are already citizens of the West to get them to attack right at home. Showing solidarity won't do crap about either.

Honestly I don't know what the answer is. I have said it many times before here that it will not be easy, probably not possible at all, to entirely stop these maniacs. But I'm tired of the usual crap a lot of politicians all over spew about it. We need to talk about it frankly and not worry about being offensive or insulting. We need to not worry about profiling if we must or protecting ourselves. We, the West, need to really watch who is coming and going, who is visiting the Middle East multiple times and becoming radical and not being afraid to confront people for their alarming or unusual behavior and to nip this stuff in the bud. The UK knew about at least some of the terrorists in both recent attacks, Manchester and London, and what was done in advance? Nothing. We've seen it in the US as well. I don't know what the answer is but THAT sure as hell isn't it.

Leaders and intelligence are failing their own countries and people are dying because of it and what are people worried about? Trump's tweet. It's pathetic.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:26 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,114,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
He speaks for the most of us. We all think sadiq is scum.
Why do you (and your collective group) think that?

Old 06-06-2017, 12:41 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,707,148 times
The people of London support their Mayor especially after the recent atrocities in the city. Trump on the other hand is p.....g Londoners off big time because of his pathetic tweets about Khan. Trumps stupidity is starting to drive a wedge between the US and it's closest ally, the UK.

As for saltine, well he's just another troll with the IQ of a dust mite.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:12 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Damn straight it doesn't.

This is where you and I differ. I don't see this as attacking an ally at all. I see it as Trump saying something that needs to be said, because far too many people in power just won't address what he is bold enough to address. People are focusing on his specific tweet rather than his message. He is clearly not pleased with the way Europe has been handling terror and refugees/immigrants, and he's allowed to feel that way and voice his opinions on it, no matter how undiplomatic he may go about it. European leaders have been mocking him online lately so what the hell is the difference? People are honestly getting caught up in sh*t that doesn't matter, unsurprisingly.

People are dying from these attacks, which seem to be happening with more frequency. We can sit around being shocked and outraged at what Trump has said or done or we can start getting angry at what is being done to us in the West by people who hate us and want to hurt us and start getting angry at other politicians for the way THEY handle these situations. The mayor of London has bigger issues to worry about than what Donald Trump says about him on twitter. I suggest he gets on those issues - but then again, these attacks are just life in the big city, aren't they?

They're not going to stop just because we show solidarity. Clearly it hasn't worked yet because each time France or the UK or the US is attacked, people worldwide "show solidarity" yet we see more. A lot of these people are lone wolves, essentially, disconnected from ISIS and other groups. We are seeing a slightly different wave of terrorism than we saw on, say, 9/11, when a foreign group with a lot of money banded together to plan a large scale devastating attack. A similar attack would be unlikely now that it's happened once, I mean an attack on a similar scale not necessarily using the same means, so the new method is to infiltrate countries - and that is exactly what some are doing - and just attack randomly, small incidents that add up. Another method is to recruit/brainwash people who are already citizens of the West to get them to attack right at home. Showing solidarity won't do crap about either.

Honestly I don't know what the answer is. I have said it many times before here that it will not be easy, probably not possible at all, to entirely stop these maniacs. But I'm tired of the usual crap a lot of politicians all over spew about it. We need to talk about it frankly and not worry about being offensive or insulting. We need to not worry about profiling if we must or protecting ourselves. We, the West, need to really watch who is coming and going, who is visiting the Middle East multiple times and becoming radical and not being afraid to confront people for their alarming or unusual behavior and to nip this stuff in the bud. The UK knew about at least some of the terrorists in both recent attacks, Manchester and London, and what was done in advance? Nothing. We've seen it in the US as well. I don't know what the answer is but THAT sure as hell isn't it.

Leaders and intelligence are failing their own countries and people are dying because of it and what are people worried about? Trump's tweet. It's pathetic.
Amen!
Thanks for a great posting. Agree almost to the letter with what you have written here.
Could it be that Trump has it exactly right on terrorism, despite the fact that he's an ego maniac and rude at times? Where has all of this PC crap and solidarity gotten us? Nowhere. I don't trust the Muslim mayor of London at all. His sympathies will always lie with Islam, not with western values. Reminds me of a former president we had.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:21 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
The Mayor of London is happy to attack Trump, he is not in any sense an ally or supporter of the United States or even the United Kingdom. He wanted to pull London out of the United Kingdom after the brexit vote. He doesn't care for the counter punch. Similar to Kathy Griffin.
Only the people of London are ill-informed, brainwashed, self centered idiots for electing him.

Don't we wish if they were enlightened by your wisdom?

Old 06-06-2017, 01:25 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Devious dismissal.

Evidence of the previous comment to be a devious dismissal.

Comment? Sure...

1. I do not think the president should be getting into these quarrels.

2. The London Mayor is a Muslim sympathizer and approves of the killings. You people would understand this if you paid attention to the actions of the "esteem professionals" in Libya. He is a radical, he approves, which is why all of his actions will be mild objections and policies that continue the killing.

This is what you progressives want here in the US.

Better gear up, because we won't act like the peasants of Europe.
Whatever happened to
Quote:
I think that if you make a claim, you should provide the evidence to support your claim, not expect everyone to run off and verify your claim.
or does that only apply to other people and not to you?

Old 06-06-2017, 01:26 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
As the first quote demonstrates, Trump needs to act like an offensive idiot, to keep his supporters salivating and scurrying along behind him. He tested-out this technique during his campaign rallies and has refined it into a form of dark art.
Yes. This is clearly demonstrated by the numpties that continue to misquote the Mayor of London

Old 06-06-2017, 01:26 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
And good luck to Trump if he does visit the UK after this sh*tshow - the response will be amusing to watch to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies