Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 03:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times

Advertisements

The boat is dead in the water.
All wind taken out of the sails!

Too funny.

CNN is in scramble mode.
The release so far ahead of his testimony is unprecedented. Usually you get his opening statement just minutes before the meeting starts.

It was released so the left could suck it in and not go in meltdown tomorrow during testimony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 03:14 PM

All this is over Trump not being a career politician and knowing how things are suppose to work, in the Establishments form of governance. Not in Trumps form.

As Comey would say, There was no intent.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,288,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No, the response isn't that what he did is okay or "oh well, that's all he did". Saying there is nothing simply means it's likely not going to be the outcome the liberals have been stating it would be.

Everyone was saying Trump was screwed. Going by Comey's statement, it appears not.

Harassment suit...oh dear Lord, people are throwing around legalities hoping something sticks.
I think you are overstating. The 'harassment suit' was not meant to be taken literally as a legal case--it was an aside. An amusing note.

And Trump may very well be screwed. I don't think anyone thought the Comey testimony would put Trump away. Comey coordinated with Mueller as to what could be said. So it really is only a piece of the story. Certainly nothing related to the actual investigation.

It all remains to be seen. There is much evidence to come in. I can wait.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:15 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,813,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I have a good job that is safe. I prepared myself and didn't settle into flipping burgers or stocking shelves for the rest of my life then demand a "living" wage for my poor choices.
Sorry, sweetheart, but no job is safe in the 21st century.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:15 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,577,255 times
If it was just one instance with a single person, a reasonable objective person might be able to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. The fact that several requests were made to multiple people on different occasions after asking others to leave the room is a clear indication of the intent to obstruct justice. The President is acting as if he is above the law. Any argument that he was naive and did not understand what he was doing is not realistic given he specifically asked others to leave the room so he could make the requests in private. DJT knew what he was asking was wrong. There is no question now what must be done. Trump must be removed from office for the good of the nation as he has abused his position and disrespected the separation of powers.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,643,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think you are overstating. The 'harassment suit' was not meant to be taken literally as a legal case--it was an aside. An amusing note.

And Trump may very well be screwed. I don't think anyone thought the Comey testimony would put Trump away. Comey coordinated with Mueller as to what could be said. So it really is only a piece of the story. Certainly nothing related to the actual investigation.

It all remains to be seen. There is much evidence to come in. I can wait.
That's why nearly all my posts here have ended as yours did above - with 'we'll have to wait and see'.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Because they don't have to be right - they just have to follow the corporate party line to support their narrative.

They are paid, to keep the people that should be in mental institutions, passive.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:24 PM

736 posts, read 354,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
If it was just one instance with a single person, a reasonable objective person might be able to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. The fact that several requests were made to multiple people on different occasions after asking others to leave the room is a clear indication of the intent to obstruct justice. The President is acting as if he is above the law. Any argument that he was naive and did not understand what he was doing is not realistic given he specifically asked others to leave the room so he could make the requests in private. DJT knew what he was asking was wrong. There is no question now what must be done. Trump must be removed from office for the good of the nation as he has abused his position and disrespected the separation of powers.
He won't be removed. Until you have a smoking gun, nothing will be done. Just watch as the months go by and nothing is done about it. This Comey business has already gone off rails for proponents of removing Trump from office. The republicans won't impeach him over this. Liberal tears are delicious.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:30 PM

1,204 posts, read 874,209 times
As said earlier----- very little has changed----- a bit of nuancing on both sides that's it.

The investigation is really no longer exclusively about the Ruskies playing in our electoral sandbox. All roads started there and who knows where it ends up.

Lets face it going back Bill Clinton---- not necessarily in this order but things that came under that 1 investigation included---

Whitewater, Paula Jones, Rose Law Firm, Madison Guaranty, Vince Foster and Monica and I sure other stops along the way. It was a blow job that ultimately tripped him up.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:51 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
We will see tomorrow but I did not take away that Trump asked Comey to drop the Russian influence investigation.. just suggested that Flynn was a great guy and he hoped that they could look the other way as to Flynn not disclosing everything in his confirmation hearing (WHICH NO INVESTIGATION HAD BEEN STARTED FOR).. Could be wrong, we will see tomorrow.
His exact quote, he asked Comey to drop the investigation.

Quote:
"'I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies