Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
He was enticed by a Chinese travel agency.

I do, since I happened to be in a taxi and listened to the press conference the doctors gave.

According to the press conference, CAT scans, X-rays and MRI tests showed no sign of any physical injuries. There was no indication of a fractured skull or any other broken bones and no evidence he was maltreated in any way.

Yes, that is possible.

He's brain-dead, so, yeah, he's effectively dead. The family had requested that the doctors not discuss Warmbier's prognosis, so we can only speculate on what that might be.

Except that he went into a coma after his trial, not before.
You think NK stopped abusing Otto after the trial?

Old 06-16-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
And Otto was arrested on On January 2, 2016. On March 16, 2016 he was convicted. This was not a issue to anyone except for his parents until this week. CD created a thread on this two months ago and no one responded. Thirteen months is a bit long to wait to create threads and tear apart a video. This was already covered in 2016.

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...aveling-n.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...s-student.html
It was an issue and discussed on this forum immediately after Otto's conviction.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...s-student.html

What was your point about that anyway?

Old 06-17-2017, 05:18 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You can hear the coerced confession of Otto at this Kangaroo court trial in its entirety here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCZvgY1NGXU&t=274s
"This video is restricted. It must be approved for you to see it."

Old 06-17-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
He was enticed by a Chinese travel agency.

I do, since I happened to be in a taxi and listened to the press conference the doctors gave.

According to the press conference, CAT scans, X-rays and MRI tests showed no sign of any physical injuries. There was no indication of a fractured skull or any other broken bones and no evidence he was maltreated in any way.

Yes, that is possible.

He's brain-dead, so, yeah, he's effectively dead. The family had requested that the doctors not discuss Warmbier's prognosis, so we can only speculate on what that might be.

Except that he went into a coma after his trial, not before.
Yes, Otto went into an anoxic coma after the trial.https://www.headway.org.uk/about-bra...njury-effects/
You think after the North Koreans were done with their kangaroo court trials that they stopped abusing their prisoners?

Last edited by jojajn; 06-17-2017 at 07:14 AM..

Old 06-17-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
"This video is restricted. It must be approved for you to see it."

Works for me without restrictions or problems.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:59 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Works for me without restrictions or problems.
Weird.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Weird.
Just go directly to YouTube and search for Otto's press release.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:47 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Hey I want to go on vacation. Hum Aruba or North Korea. Decisions decisions decisions!!!! I choose North Korea. Sounds like so much fun. A great learning experience. It will make me a more well rounded individual!!!
A lot of people think traveling will make them more well-rounded, that it will look good on their resume, that employers and social contacts with be impressed that they went to these places. That it will make great cocktail party conversations. But the fact is, nobody really cares. And the only people who are impressed by it, are people who are easily impressed.

My nephew's college-aged friends travel all over the world, putting it on credit cards or raiding their parent's bank accounts for the money, and then boast about it all over social media, posting pics from their travels. Most of them have never worked and they're in their early 20s now. I wonder what their future will be, as they have yet to embark on any kind of career path or even attempt to.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:17 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,953,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
For this crime, no. Saudi Arabia hasn't cut off a hand in around four years. Iran would be a more likely place for this type of punishment.
A young man from Morocco visiting Mecca was allegedly caught stealing a wallet in 2015. He was sentenced by a Saudi court to have his right hand cut off. His mother said he was sentenced without any opportunity for legal assistance or representation. The incident was not reported by the Saudi press. But it was reported by the Moroccan press after the man came back to his country. Since there is no free press in Saudi Arabia there may be many other incidents we don't know about.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:37 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
For all the people criticizing him for going on vacation in North Korea, it wasn't exactly a choice between Aruba and North Korea. He was going to do a study abroad in Hong Kong, and arranged for this short trip to NK to see it while he was over there. Apparently he's a well traveled man, and enjoys learning about different cultures. He was lead to believe this tour company was safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies