Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 02:39 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,031,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Have the illegals affected your life in some way? Please share. No snark intended.
YES....they have. Years ago in san Bernardino, ca I lived in a house behind the main house (4 years). The front house became empty after the landlords mother in law died. The landlord rented out the 2 bedroom house to 3 illegals from mexico (I am not sure if their young son was a anchor baby) . The illegals got me kicked out my home by telling all sorts of lies to the police. The landlord said he didn't want the hassle with the police she he asked me to move (I moved just up the street & lived their for 10 years). The illegals moved their family members into the back house. 1 month later a neighbor called the authorities & & they were deported back to mexico. So F the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 02:40 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,281,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
In an appearance today, Trump stated that he has "complete power" to pardon anyone, including himself, family members and those on his staff. If he did this, I can see a challenge to it that would go to the Supreme Court. Since he's stacked the court with a conservative majority, this might become law and he could use it to extend his power to the dictatorship level.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/u...-sessions.html
And they called Obama the one who acted or wanted to be like an Emperor.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:42 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
In an appearance today, Trump stated that he has "complete power" to pardon anyone, including himself, family members and those on his staff. If he did this, I can see a challenge to it that would go to the Supreme Court. Since he's stacked the court with a conservative majority, this might become law and he could use it to extend his power to the dictatorship level.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/u...-sessions.html
SURE!! He has the "Power".. however HE also has the Constitutional right to write EO's!! However, Not everything he does IS CONSTITUTIONAL!!

IF indeed Trump's utters PARDON of himself as well as Family and CLOSE ( FLYNN/Manafort) co-conspirators>> He will be Impeached. It will be no doubt a "Constitutional Crisis".. and I don't give a flip how many Conservative Judges are the the SCOTUS Bench.. Not even they would ALLOW this Buffoon to put US Republic @ risk!!

I guess I'm trying to look at the cup half full vs Half Empty!

Old 07-22-2017, 02:51 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Trump will at least be president till 2020. DEAL WITH IT.
What are you going to do when he's not? Cry in the corner?

Old 07-22-2017, 02:52 PM

30,175 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So....why is the cheetos exploring the option? Maybe you should be his lawyer? Or maybe he knows whats coming and you don't?
I can see him pardoning himself and anyone in his inner circle being investigated then resigning. Not that its the right thing to do but just for the chance to see the left and MSM's head's explode over it I would sort of like to see that happen. The country does not need a long dragged out investigation. The left wants Trump gone. Everyone wins.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

When are you people going to stop posting fake news?
When are you people going to learn the meaning of fake news, and stop turning everything that doesn't praise your god-king into a fake news meme?

Fake news doesn't mean what you think it means. Ironically, Russian fake news is what helped put Trump in office. You don't seem to have a problem with all that fake news.

Pure hypocrisy on your part.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
How is one a criminal just because an investigation is going on.
If Trump pardons himself, he's a criminal since a pardon is by definition only used on those criminally negligible.

You don't look into, or even consider pardoning yourself unless you're guilty. Last I checked, neither Hillary nor Bernie Sanders are researching how to pardon themselves for crimes they call "witch hunts".

Old 07-22-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I can see him pardoning himself and anyone in his inner circle being investigated then resigning. Not that its the right thing to do but just for the chance to see the left and MSM's head's explode over it I would sort of like to see that happen. The country does not need a long dragged out investigation. The left wants Trump gone. Everyone wins.
So you support a Constitutional Crisis and Trump getting away with treason, just to upset liberals?

Holy crap, this is why all Trump supporters need to be shipped off to Russia. This is a serious national security threat.

Old 07-22-2017, 03:01 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,031,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
What are you going to do when he's not? Cry in the corner?
He will be. You trump haters are a funny lot.

Old 07-22-2017, 03:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You do know that number is quickly dwindling don't you? I mean, what good will a couple hundred people do to support him when this mysterious "right time" comes?

Speaking of that; is this "right time" you are referring to going to be when he actually starts delivering on his promises? If so, I guess we'll finally have that single payer, government supported healthcare system everyone has been clamoring for lately. That will actually be a good thing. I mean he DID promise that. It's going to be a "beautiful, cheap, everyone is covered, and be paid for by the government" healthcare plan. Remember?
A little dose of reality. While I despise Trump and it sickens me that he was voted in when he is a bigger crook than Clintons ever were, his supporters are blind loyalists. Unless healthcare is the turning point, there hasn't been any single thing you cause his supporters to turn against him. By most polling, the people who are against him, didn't vote Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies