Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 04:55 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Egging someone on to commit suicide is not free speech.
Anybody see the similarities to Left leaning wackos egging people on to shoot Republican Congressmen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 04:55 PM

3,069 posts, read 1,680,944 times
Aiding and abetting.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:56 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
This story upsets me so much. He had a declined mental state, and she pushed him so freaking hard!

She's absolutely and justifiably guilty.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:56 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It isn't the same thing at all. The suicidal person makes a conscious choice to harm themselves. Nasty text messages are not a weapon held against their head. And a two year old is not mature enough to make any decisions for themselves.
Claiming a suicidal person doesn't know they don't have a choice is absurd. She has successfully infantilized the victim in order to make her claims seem like they make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post
Evidently, while in her texts, she never discussed options other than suicide to give the guy some hope.

He was open for advice and she steered him toward suicide. A bit like driving a car where one has the option to stop and let the pedestrian cross, or just run them over. In this case she chose the latter.
Actually, if you read the text stream, she did encourage him to get help again and again in the beginning. He steadfastly refused, insisting that suicide was what he wanted.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
I wish I could be shocked so many people are defending little Michelle, but I'm not.

Same ****, different story.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:00 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Another stupid analogy. In that case it was an accident. Suicide is not an accident, it is a deliberate act.
Well, I thought you said suicide is a tragedy earlier, that is why I responded with
" a mother accidentally burned her baby to death is still a tragedy, but she would still be charged with a crime."

Now you are saying suicide is a deliberate act ?

I never called any of your posts stupid, by the way.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:01 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, I thought you said suicide is a tragedy earlier, that is why I responded with
" a mother accidentally burned her baby to death is still a tragedy, but she would still be charged with a crime."

Now you are saying suicide is a deliberate act ?

I never called any of your posts stupid, by the way.
A deliberate act can't be tragic?

Old 06-16-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Claiming a suicidal person doesn't know they don't have a choice is absurd. .
No, a lot of time, they didn't realize they had a choice. That is why they killed themselves. Claiming a suicidal person DOES know he or she has a choice is absurd in my opinion.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
A deliberate act can't be tragic?
Nobody said that, just explain to you why this woman deserves what she got.

Well, not sure why you are so unhappy with the verdict. She perhaps would be put in some kind of therapy program. I doubt she would be in jail for too long.

What she did is VERY different from the situation where angry couples telling each other to go kill yourself.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:28 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, like I said, I have been blamed for my late boyfriend's suicide. They say I didn't do enough. I should have done this, and I should have done that. I should have spotted the suicide warning signs. But police has determined I didn't do anything wrong.

This case is not the normal "all couples fight" scenario. In my suicide survivor support group, we have a lot of survivors had a fight with their loved ones prior to their suicides. One lady even told her husband, "Go kill youself then". trust me, We all understand the survivor guilt.

In that ruling, the court found that Carter’s “virtual presence” at the time of the suicide and the “constant pressure” she had placed on Roy, who was in a delicate mental state, were enough proof for an involuntary manslaughter charge. She was basically telling him to "complete" the suicide. Which suicide survivors would do that to their loved ones?
None, nobody would do that, she was a very sick individual. It's the "Go kill yourself then" ones that I'm concerned about. I never witnessed anyone say that, but I can see it happening. The guilt and blame game was so heavy in that room, I still think about those people. Anyway, hopefully the courts can sort any future cases out correctly. Sorry about your loss, I did not read through all the replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies