Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 06:12 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

I had been a loyal CNN viewer for years all the way up to the election. I realized that it has become the propaganda machine of the Democratic Party.

How is this collusion acceptable? Shouldn't our media remain free, fair and unbiased?

I know some of the leftists will say what about Foxnews. Well, I believe we should hold them all to the same standard. Let's also keep in mind that Foxnews is in the distant minority here. The next example some leftists come up with would be Alex Jones which is a nut job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 06:17 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
I'm not sure you know what collusion means.

So far as I can tell, CNN isn't plotting anything with the DNC. The closest real example is when that CNN employee gave Hillary Clinton debate questions in advanced, something that cost her a job.

Aside from that, I'm not seeing much collusion. The level of bias is also severely exaggerated. They were pro Hillary. But they also covered Donald Trump a disproportionate amount during the primaries, something that certainly helped him win (name recognition can easily translate to votes). So unless there's evidence that the DNC and CNN are actually plotting together, their bias is more than likely just the result of market research and confirmation bias. Not collusion.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Much of the media is yelling fire in a crowded theater and should be held accountable. CNN is guilty as hell and it is harming the nation.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:28 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Meh. The GOP started this nonsense, and the DNC learned from them. Thats the problem with picking up tools like this and using them, eventually the other side does too.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:59 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Fox opposed Obama his entire term and Republicans were fine with it. Now they take issue with CNN and MSNBC? Pretty funny really.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:25 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,114 times
These news channels are big corporations, not govt agencies so they are free to choose whom they want to support. Because of internet & social media, the tv channels took a big hit in ratings & profits so they are relying on sponsorship from the highest bidder to stay in business. They are saving their jobs so I wont judge them. I will boycott them however, just like I boycotted award shows.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I'm not sure you know what collusion means.

So far as I can tell, CNN isn't plotting anything with the DNC. The closest real example is when that CNN employee gave Hillary Clinton debate questions in advanced, something that cost her a job.

Aside from that, I'm not seeing much collusion. The level of bias is also severely exaggerated. They were pro Hillary. But they also covered Donald Trump a disproportionate amount during the primaries, something that certainly helped him win (name recognition can easily translate to votes). So unless there's evidence that the DNC and CNN are actually plotting together, their bias is more than likely just the result of market research and confirmation bias. Not collusion.
This is precisely the problem - people on the left don't even think it's a problem.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
These news channels are big corporations, not govt agencies so they are free to choose whom they want to support. Because of internet & social media, the tv channels took a big hit in ratings & profits so they are relying on sponsorship from the highest bidder to stay in business. They are saving their jobs so I wont judge them. I will boycott them however, just like I boycotted award shows.
I'd only agree if it's any other business, but it's the press, the very soul of our democracy. Shouldn't we expect them to be honest, fair and always seeking for the truth?

Old 06-21-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Fox opposed Obama his entire term and Republicans were fine with it. Now they take issue with CNN and MSNBC? Pretty funny really.
Was foxnews fair or unfair?

Like I said, we should hold all of them to the same standards.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:35 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Funny, this post reminded me of something I saw this morning on MSNBC. MSNBC is obviously slanted left. Koch industries advertises on it. Ironic isn't it?

Actually it just says money is more important than the actual issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies