Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 09:56 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump isn't going anywhere. He will be President in 2020, and most likely 2024. Better get used to it.
None of your claims about anything have held water, Waldo. I'm beginning to wonder if you're actually the POTUS himself. He hasn't saved us a penny on Air Force One, no attendance records were broken at his self worship services, Obama did not wiretap Trump Tower, illegal voters did not cause Trump to lose the popular vote, Trump hasn't followed through on any of his promises, and what other claims are you unable to prove? It would fill a book. Type MAGA thousands of times if you want, Trump is nothing but a lazy Tweeting slacker who is an embarrassment to our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 09:58 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
I Trump is able to appoint two more conservative Supreme Court justices, he may just surpass Ronald Reagan as the most beloved Republican President in history.
Wow, sorry.... but as a democrat I highly respected Reagan. Trump on the other hand is a narcissistic nut who doesn't deserve any respect. It's really shameful that you would even put Trump into Reagan's category.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:17 PM

417 posts, read 345,837 times
Ha! I really don't like Trump but this is why I voted for him, so we could get conservative judges. I hope he picks someone ultra conservative and someone young.

Dems knew how important the Supreme Court Nomination was, so it begs the question, why didn't Hillary try harder?

Old 06-26-2017, 01:19 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Who cares what they want? I'm young and I know most young people vote for idiotic reasons or are basically single issue voters. Ok in favor of raising the voting age
Compassionate conservatism at work!

Old 06-26-2017, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
It was skewed left-wing for 25 years. The left did not care that the conservatives felt their voices were unheard.
Well, I'm not a left or right winger, per se.

I would like for ALL people's voices to be heard, but when people want things like discrimination against other Americans or for other Americans not to have the same civil rights they enjoy, I have ZERO sympathy for them and, frankly, most Americans aren't interested in that crap.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
They are about to win the culture war. I think within the next ten years we will see the following changes.

1) Marriage equality overturned
2) Roe v Wade overturned
3) Establishment clause only applies to federal government, so Oklahoma for instance could become a Baptist state, Utah could become a Mormon state, etc.
4) Prayer returned to schools, likely dependent on whatever faith the state chose as the state religion
5) Lawrence vs Texas overturned (homosexuality recriminalized), Russia-style anti-gay law will be passed soon after
6) Non-discrimination laws pertaining to race and gender overturned
And once they're gone, we'll see these things return and never speak of this dark time again.

I really do believe that. I hate it for the people who have to suffer for their rigid lack of empathy and consideration right now, though.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What are the chances that any more picks Trump might make for the Supreme Court, will turn out to be sycophants, who will bow and wag their tails, as they carry-out his orders? Justice Kennedy himself, was picked to be another conservative member, but he turned out to be conscientious and mostly bi-partisan in his decisions and arguments.
Well, my experience watching people wind up on the SCOTUS is that they say what they need to get that lifetime appointment, then they do whatever they want to interpret the Constitution. Since the SCOTUS is a huge part of the checks and balances system, I'm fine with them being a little conservative, a little liberal, and a little moderate. The balance there is nice.

They are ultimately not beholden to any president, nor should they be.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
I'm confident any Supreme Court Judge Trump nominates will be far superior to anyone Hillary would have picked.
Thank goodness. I was wondering how long it would be before we discussed something completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
The only reason why I voted for Trump. To secure judges who will fight for the second amendment. Everything else Trump talked about, I really don't care about.
Thing is, the judges ALL fight for ALL the amendments. If your sole reason for voting for Trump was for gun rights, that's a bit odd.

I don't really think guns are getting banned or anything crazy like that. The NRA are fearmongers.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaemily View Post
Ha! I really don't like Trump but this is why I voted for him, so we could get conservative judges. I hope he picks someone ultra conservative and someone young.

Dems knew how important the Supreme Court Nomination was, so it begs the question, why didn't Hillary try harder?
They never guaranteed admission, even by the party in charge. Picks have to be smart. That's what got us Gorsuch.

He's a good choice. I'm not dissatisfied with him at all.

Nice replacement for Scalia.

Congress will generally look to keep a balanced court. As crazy as I think some of them are, they're not trying to ruin the country entirely with a lifelong appointment that will go against the will of so many voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies