Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 11:38 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

I'm sure the AG will find ways to ensure UCLA, Cal and the others are exempt from the ban.
Yep. It's what I said in the OP. They will violate their own travel ban because they are hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 01:32 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,301,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Not a Leftist, and only brainwashed Trump cult wackos would ever cite a link to Breitbart as an actual news source.

And, to top it all off, the Breitbart article even contradicts this thread! I guess Breitbart are a bunch of liberal MSM snowflakes too!
Breitbart Sports basically puts out stories found from other media. I would not say there are many inaccuracies, but they choose story lines to rile up their readers. From what I see when reading some of the comments, are those who are not really versed in sports per say but rather making it all about politics. Reading some of the comments on their recent story about Ryan O'Callaghan were downright nasty. I wonder if their readers are not the same that read and post on the Caste Football site which is a site where people believe sports is racist against white athletes. A totally preposterous notion.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:31 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,006,048 times
This article is a few months old but details the issues pretty good for at least UCLA. Assembly Bill 1887 affects UCLA travel to states with discriminatory laws | Daily Bruin

Old 06-26-2017, 02:44 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Breitbart Sports basically puts out stories found from other media. I would not say there are many inaccuracies, but they choose story lines to rile up their readers. From what I see when reading some of the comments, are those who are not really versed in sports per say but rather making it all about politics. Reading some of the comments on their recent story about Ryan O'Callaghan were downright nasty. I wonder if their readers are not the same that read and post on the Caste Football site which is a site where people believe sports is racist against white athletes. A totally preposterous notion.
In other words, you don't like the message, so you attempt to make it about the message. This is what's done when people are "riled up".

Bottom line. California put a travel ban in place for political reasons. It's people, namely the students of its states universities, have to suffer because of it.

I'm betting however they will violate their own travel ban.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:48 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Progressive pols are ethically challenged. They will evolve or find another work around. Yet another unnecessary dilemna created by talking points reactive Dems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
California issued the RULE - that's a FACT
IF California sticks to the RULE they issued, then the Teams have to pay their own way because State Funds can't be used. That's the RULE.

California May choose to "change" their RULE, but right now it stands until they do "change" it.

The New York Times wrote that poor Alice May be thrown out of her Nursing Home to the streets to DIE because of those Evil Republicans and Trump.

Did you yell out ..... FAKE NEWS! at that "May"?

Old 06-26-2017, 02:58 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
What happens if some left wing organization holds a conference in a place like Houston or Nashville? Guess the morons running California won't let anyone participate. I include in the definition of moron the people who keep electing Democrats in California.

Trump should build the wall on the Californian border, not the Mexican border.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:19 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,301,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
In other words, you don't like the message, so you attempt to make it about the message. This is what's done when people are "riled up".

Bottom line. California put a travel ban in place for political reasons. It's people, namely the students of its states universities, have to suffer because of it.

That is not what I said. I defended the article's for the most part that appear on Breitbart Sports. What I implied was they choose subject matter to rile up their readers. For them that's what sells. However I question the actual knowledge of some of those that make comments when it comes to sports. Seems more focused on politics, much more then say ESPN whom Breitbart beats down on a lot.

I stand by my comment about the nasty negative reaction of many of it's readers on the Ryan O'Callaghan story. Even Curt Schilling (who currently works for Breitbart) went on social media sharing empathy and support for O'Callaghan.

I also made it clear I am opposed of any travel ban that effects their student athletes.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:01 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I don't see the big deal. CA is trying to keep it's employees safe from discrimination, .
No, it's not. It's all about CA and their hate for people who don't agree with them. It's quite hateful and arrogant.

It would be interesting to see what CA would do if other states start condemning them for things they don't agree with. For example, states could prohibit their employees from traveling to CA so that they will not get murdered by an illegal immigrant.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I would think the "states rights" folks would be all over this.
This is true. I support states rights. So I agree that CA has the right to do stupid stuff. But this is a very destructive road. As more and more states do these kind of things the country will be worse off.

Quote:
States have the authority to make decisions on how their tax revenues are spent. Some states have decided not to spend any in states that discriminate.
"Discriminate" is quite subjective. Maybe other states will decide not to spend money in CA since they harbor illegal immigrants. There are dozens of reasons other states could use to boycott CA.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Actually, it's beyond political. It's hate. Xavier Becerra has an attitude that he knows what's best for other people.

But you are correct. It's the little people that get hurt with these hateful bans.

It will get watered down quite quickly when they realize that they are only hurting their own people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies