Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 12:41 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Trump gets his point across. We know where he is coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 12:45 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump gets his point across. We know where he is coming from.
Except you don't, according to his minion KellyAnn, you have to know what's in his heart, not his words.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Insecurity. He needs to fill up that empty hole of insecurity in him.

"...regularly and repeatedly insists that he is the most brilliant person, has the best memory, the greatest ideas; people who are relatively secure do not need to tell others that they are great, but people who are not secure have to cover a 10-foot gap with a 100-foot bridge, so afraid are they that what they actually have to say is exposing some fundamental flaw. Trump's use of superlatives belies a rather profound sadness..."

I Am The Best: A Prose Poem By Donald J. Trump | HuffPost

Old 07-13-2017, 12:58 PM

240 posts, read 1,284,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Or even makes up new words.

#COVFEFE

What I loved most about COVFEFE was his PR spinners stating that it was "code" for something and that everyone--except you stupid media people--understood what it meant. It wasn't a mistake, it was a real word because Trump never makes mistakes.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:59 PM

240 posts, read 1,284,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Insecurity. He needs to fill up that empty hole of insecurity in him.

"...regularly and repeatedly insists that he is the most brilliant person, has the best memory, the greatest ideas; people who are relatively secure do not need to tell others that they are great, but people who are not secure have to cover a 10-foot gap with a 100-foot bridge, so afraid are they that what they actually have to say is exposing some fundamental flaw. Trump's use of superlatives belies a rather profound sadness..."

I Am The Best: A Prose Poem By Donald J. Trump | HuffPost

Or... insanity.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:00 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Salesman speech.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:03 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Or even makes up new words.

#COVFEFE
Yes !!!

That's a great example !!!
It's a new word used frequently now that has a common meaning. One that has become very useful. Born of a brilliant mind its a wonderful new word. Gaining wide acceptance, even by those of less brilliance who can latch on to it and use it to advantage. With a little imagination it could hide the low IQ of its user. That's a tremendous advantage when one wants to hide a foolish thought or the fool themselves.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:08 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Default Why does Trump overuse empty superlatives?

Great question~~ If it hasn't occurred prior to his election I sense it has been LOST on his BASE and Bot-followers!!

In short those Empty Superlatives proved from DAY one when he entered the race with more than 14 others in the Primaries.. He SELL's BS and superlatives his way to getting gains. Kind of like what Snake Oil salesmen did BACK in the Day promoting a product to cure ALL ILLS!!

It's a Shame what was once a powerful Country has NOW been reduced as an "Untrustworthy" or Leaderless Country that refuses to follow anything that resembles support for ALLIES!! He's full of BS and lately he's been outed for collusion with Russian Operatives and kisses Putin's A$$ .. No wonder Allies have already deduced.. "WE ARE ALONE" and CANNOT count on USA now!!

Trump is an EMPTY VESSEL ~~ definition~~

https://sites.google.com/site/prover...the-most-noise
Empty vessels make the most noise.

In English: Empty vessels make the most noise. -- Those people who have a little knowledge usually talk the most and make the greatest fuss.

In Russian: Пустая бочка пуще гремит

In Polish: Krowa ktora duzo ryczy malo mleka daje. -- The cow which moos a lot gives little milk. = The person who boasts a lot about his talents/possibilities rarely has them or hardly ever does what he promises to.

ETA~~ I would also include his family in that too~~ I feel bad for Ivana ( mother of the first 3 kids ( Donald/Eric/Ivanka) who Donald Senior corrupted once Ivana exited the sphere of influence!!

^^^ LOL my underlined above says it ALL!! If it was not so detrimental I'd ROFLMAO!!

Last edited by Lyndarn; 07-13-2017 at 01:20 PM..

Old 07-13-2017, 01:18 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Because he's a bloviating prick?

Old 07-13-2017, 01:47 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Because he's a bloviating prick?
Obama's gone. let it rest.

Speaking of Obama, how many times would he use I,I, I during a 5 minute speech? They all have their wierdness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies