Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 04:32 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,576,004 times

Advertisements

The current crop of republicans are the reverse Robin Hoods of today. Their mantra is take from the poor and middle class and give it all to the rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 04:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
Here's the thing: they can't get the savings they hoped they would from the Obamacare repeal. They've gotta get that money from SOMEWHERE!

Old 07-21-2017, 04:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The Paul Ryan agenda ?
Absolutely it's the Paul Ryan agenca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
LOL, SSDI is basically welfare for Trump voters in Real America. So much winning!
There is so much truth to this. OTOH - SSDI is being abused by many of these people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
In post number 13 I retracted my claim that the budget being considered will cut Social Security.

However, when I speak to young Republicans they invariably call SS a ponzi scheme. This uniformity of thought is coming from somewhere and is designed to undermine any expectation that Social Security will be there for them. We currently spend over 600 billion on defense. Do we really need to spend almost three times what the Chinese are spending to protect American interests?. The money is there.

Did you really vote for Trump because you didn't like Hillary? You obviously forgot that she would be signing executive orders, appointing judges, and vetoing bills that would take health care away from millions.

Next time that you think of voting Republican at the federal level remember that you are giving your government permission to take your house in a personal health catastrophe or giving up your right to keep a job
Truer words have never been spoken.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:50 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,740,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
People read the article before posting!

Otherwise it's a waste of time discussing it without all the facts.
A liberal knowing the facts is like landing on the moon. Sure it happened but only a few times and hasn't been done in years.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:59 PM

13,231 posts, read 21,851,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
A liberal knowing the facts is like landing on the moon. Sure it happened but only a few times and hasn't been done in years.
Oh please. Your team doesn't have a leg to stand on these days.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:02 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,966,472 times
Quote:
On Tuesday July 18, the House unveiled a budget plan with cuts to Social Security and Medicare.

Here is the link: House GOP budget slashes billions in spending - CNNPolitics.com

I called my congressman's office and told him that I thought that these cuts are insane. This is currently in the House. They mean to get their tax cut for the wealthy through no matter who they injure.

Stop them cold. Call your congressional representative today.
My taxes went up last year, and the year before, and the year before.
They cut out welfare programs and food stamps, why I am I not getting a tax decrease?

Because they taking from working Americans and handing it to the wealthy.

They are redistributing wealth from those that work to those that make others work for them so they have more

So sick of this.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:04 PM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
To get their tax cut, now they want to cut Social Security and Medicare

Those who vote Yea! would appear to want to cut their careers short too.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
DJMILF is right. There was no direct reference to Social Security. Forgive me if I have a hair trigger on the subject. The Koch brothers, Mitch McConnell, George W. Bush, Breitbart, and FOX News are all campaigning for privatization. There are millions of younger voters who are being taught that SS is a ponzi scheme while they pay into their future benefits as well as their parent's direct benefits. There was a bill that would cut SS by a third that was introduced (2016) by an eighty something year old Texas Republican that would cut SS by a third in 2023.

The Republican party tries to tinker with SS every time they get into an advantageous position. Perhaps this and what I said above is the reason that I mistook social welfare programs for Social Security.

If they are successful at going after Medicare, I would have my house and whatever you need to live on in a trust or there may be nothing left.
How come we never have enough money for programs that benefit the citizens and never question the money we spend for Corporate Conglomerates like the Military Industrial Complex?

Now before someone quotes the constitution, the reason put behind these cuts by politicians is not the Constitution, it is just a "dam piece of paper to them" so they are not supporting military spending for that reason.

They are supporting the bottomless black hole because the military industrial complex is a major contributor to their campaign funds. Politicians grant them contracts via tax payer dollars, and in return, defense contractors take that same tax payer money and give it back to politicians to keep the circle jerk going

That is why it never ends but there is always money to cut from the people of this country
If we get into a war with North Korea, I hope Russia and China join in because I am so sick of this BS

Old 07-21-2017, 05:37 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,503,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I heard republicans only believe in alternate facts.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Here's the thing: they can't get the savings they hoped they would from the Obamacare repeal. They've gotta get that money from SOMEWHERE!
When they cut welfare and food stamps a few years ago, they increased the welfare payments to the agricultural industry to make up the loss

You see, it was always about the lobbyists to begin with, they just eliminated a step in the process
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies