Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 10:41 PM

32,091 posts, read 15,089,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The left bashed McCain when he ran against Obama.
Because the Obama girls were trashed makes it acceptable to Trash Trump's son? Not in my book and it wasn't acceptable bash Obama's children either. As I said both sides engage in the hate speech and trash talking. The left has no moral high ground over the right.
Thats why I refuse to support either party.
Are you new to politics. This is how it always is....candidates are trashed by the other party. The right trashed the Obama girls and Chelsea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 10:43 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
I don't often agree with Senator McCain, but I know this; the man is patriotic to the bone, serves his nation honorably, and is a hell of a lot tougher than some alt.right wanker who would try to lay charges on him when he's hospitalized.

I fully expect that if the North Vietnamese could break both his shoulders and arms several times, torture him for 5 years, keep him isolated and alone from the other POWs, cripple him for life, and still not break his spirit, cancer can't do it either.

These idiotic armchair Generals sitting down in their basements, callusing their fingertips by writing slander all day do not bother John McCain. But they make me sick, and as an old Navy vet who is also feeling his age, I would still take one on in defense of Mr. McCain.

He continued to serve and honor his country even when death was whispering in his ear, trapped in a jungle with no hope of ever leaving alive.

The least the rest of us can do is if we cannot honor him, then leave him alone and allow him to recover.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:45 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I don't often agree with Senator McCain, but I know this; the man is patriotic to the bone, serves his nation honorably, and is a hell of a lot tougher than some alt.right wanker who would try to lay charges on him when he's hospitalized.

I fully expect that if the North Vietnamese could break both his shoulders and arms several times, torture him for 5 years, keep him isolated and alone from the other POWs, cripple him for life, and still not break his spirit, cancer can't do it either.

These idiotic armchair Generals sitting down in their basements, callusing their fingertips by writing slander all day do not bother John McCain. But they make me sick, and as an old Navy vet who is also feeling his age, I would still take one on in defense of Mr. McCain.

He continued to serve and honor his country even when death was whispering in his ear, trapped in a jungle with no hope of ever leaving alive.
Yet, it didn't bother you when the left mercilessly attacked and ridiculed him when he ran for President. I'll bet any amount of money you happily voted against McCain in 2000.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:49 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,502,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Yet, it didn't bother you when the left mercilessly attacked and ridiculed him when he ran for President. I'll bet any amount of money you happily voted against McCain in 2000.
I so not remember the left calling him a fake hero. I do remember Donald "bone spurs" trump doing that. Pretty priceless. A draft dodger trashing a POW.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:53 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,850,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its tough to love someone who bombed women and children. Do you?
Yes. It is. Very tough. Though not impossible. Being a Christian, truly following Christ, isn't easy. It isn't supposed to be.

As for Senator McCain, I hope he beats cancer like it owes him child support.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I so not remember the left calling him a fake hero. I do remember Donald "bone spurs" trump doing that. Pretty priceless. A draft dodger trashing a POW.
I voted for McCain. Did you?

Old 07-21-2017, 10:56 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,502,295 times
Quote:
I voted for McCain. Did you?
No. I served though. Unlike trump.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:57 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
I didn't vote for him, but I didn't ridicule him, either. Do not expect me to apologize for your generality.

I won't, and I won't apologize for my own vote either. I don't ever speak for anyone other than myself, and you should not make such sweeping generalities.

My vote did not dishonor John McCain any more that a vote for him honored him.

Those who vote seriously cast their personal feelings aside and choose who they genuinely believe to be the best person for the job. That is what I always do, and I only speak for myself.

If I was ever to meet him in person, I would be very honored and glad to shake his hand warmly. And if he was to ask how I voted, I would tell him to his face. And I know he would not be insulted by the truth.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I didn't vote for him, but I didn't ridicule him, either. Do not expect me to apologize for your generality.

I won't, and I won't apologize for my own vote either. I don't ever speak for anyone other than myself, and you should not make such sweeping generalities.

My vote did not dishonor John McCain any more that a vote for him honored him.

Those who vote seriously cast their personal feelings aside and choose who they genuinely believe to be the best person for the job. That is what I always do, and I only speak for myself.

If I was ever to meet him in person, I would be very honored and glad to shake his hand warmly. And if he was to ask how I voted, I would tell him to his face. And I know he would not be insulted by the truth.
You endorsed the human trash that smeared him and what he stood for. So save us the grandstanding about him now.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:05 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,850,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Im an Independent. I didn't vote Trump I wrote in Jim Webb.
Did I say the right wasn't guilty? Pretty sure I said both sides. What part of both sides gives the GOP a pass?
I know The all in or all out mentality. That is the problem with hardliners.
The left in this case is pretending to be upset about McCain, but have no problems bashing him when it suits their purpose. They also have no problem attacking a child, simply because they disagree or hate his father.
The left forfeited their high ground with their own hate speech.
The left the left the lef....blahblahblahblah...

I'm not pretending a damn thing. Point out where I've bashed Senator McCain. Just once. You can't, because I haven't, and wouldn't.

So knock it off with the putting all liberals in the same effing box, because I don't fit there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies