Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 04:07 PM

89,079 posts, read 44,906,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Abortion oftentimes is for the benefit of the child, in addition to the mother and society.
How does the child benefit from being killed?

And my point stands. Society benefits from eliminating those who cannot sustain their own lives independently, just as your claim of the benefits of abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Abortion is about a woman's right to control her own reproduction. Many Welfare recipients Get off welfare.
Many don't. Why is it that only women can choose who is going to be dependent on them to sustain their lives? Why can't everyone choose that for themselves?

Old 07-25-2017, 04:11 PM

224 posts, read 134,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Many don't. Why is it that only women can choose who is going to be dependent on them to sustain their lives? Why can't everyone choose that for themselves?
Because women make the babies with their bodies! That's why!

Old 07-25-2017, 04:13 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,135,152 times
Quote:
Nature didn't set it up that way. Take it up with God.

It's no picnic being a woman, no matter what MGTOW tells you.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBull View Post
Because women make the babies with their bodies! That's why!
Not by themselves, they don't. Yet they are allowed unilateral control to kill someone they don't want to carry as a dependent. That choice should be available to everyone, not just women.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:15 PM

6,398 posts, read 6,288,505 times
Quote:
No, I'm not. Why do you think males have a shorter life expectancy than females (otherwise known as those who get pregnant and bear children)?
Yes, you are.

It has nothing to do with "men working too hard" being why they die quicker. It has to do with women having 2 X chromosomes instead of XY. The more genetic info on XX can repair some damages or abnormalities which is not possible with just a XY. Also, more estrogen protects some prgans.

This statement pretty much proves that ARE a misogynist, thinking that "male work" kills you or that men work harder or longer than women.

Just admit that you value men more and stop lying to yourself by trying to keep rationalising your sexism.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:17 PM

224 posts, read 134,463 times
Quote:
Not by themselves, they don't. Yet they are allowed unilateral control to kill someone they don't want to carry as a dependent. That choice should be available to everyone, not just women.
Oh no? So who creates and nourishes the baby in the womb?

Old 07-25-2017, 04:23 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,357,815 times
Quote:
How does the child benefit from being killed?
Because in many cases it would get to avoid living a harder, less pleasant life than everyone else.

Quote:
And my point stands. Society benefits from eliminating those who cannot sustain their own lives independently, just as your claim of the benefits of abortion.
[/quote]

That was not the point I was criticizing though, and the point you've been making contained more than that. Here was the gist of it: https://www.city-data.com/forum/48959627-post123.html

You compared abortion to executing welfare recipients. My claim is that it makes absolutely no sense to say that people who support abortions should also want to shoot welfare recipients. I explained one of the many dangers of shooting welfare recipients as being a resulting civil war.

I suppose society would benefit from eliminating those who cannot sustain their own lives...if we don't factor in the emotional consequences of people losing their loved ones, the riots, the assassinations, the resulting insidious fear that permeates throughout society because no one feels safe any longer/etc.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:26 PM

18,409 posts, read 19,045,166 times
Quote:
Men choose all the time who they allow to be depen. That's why we have so many single moms with no support from dead beat dads. Which is one reason we have women on welfare. You don't get a choice where your tax dollars go welfare, war whatever

Old 07-25-2017, 04:26 PM

6,398 posts, read 6,288,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I'm pro choice as long as the person who wants the abortion pays for it. I know that taxpayer dollars don't fund them but some people believe that they should which is ridiculous.
I'd rather fund an abortion than fund 18 years of life and I think most people here would too if they really thought about that statement.

You're assuming that baby carriers are always going to do THE RESPONSIBLE thing and get an abortion. They're not. There should be incentives to have one if you don't want to see spending tens of thousands of dollars of tax money to raise someone until 18. Much more if comes out mentally retarded which happens easily when pregnant women don't take care of their bodies and/or do drugs.

I keep seeing the above sentiment repeated yet it's extremely short sighted and merely punitive. As a taxpayer, I want to pay as little as possible and understand who other pro-choice people would too. Pro-lifers though should be paying even more in taxes or at least want to to "sustain life."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies