Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 05:29 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,138,760 times

Advertisements

Abortion is a drastic measure taken for a drastic situation.

I don't want people that would take it lightly having any children. Therefore I consider it a necessary evil and none of my business. It's between the woman, the man, and the doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 05:29 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,883,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post

My pro-choice is as equally motivated by not telling people what to do with their body as I wish we could save anymore babies from have to be born into such a horrible life.
I made a post many pages back in the thread that addresses that ^^^^ and from a subjective perspective as I WAS that unwanted infant born (in 1963) into a (albeit middle class) horror show of a life.

I also think it is outrageously unjust that females can choose to bear/terminate, but males cannot choose; if they impregnate, they have to be a father, if the female chooses to bear the child, however they cannot force her to terminate if they do not wish to be a father.

Sterilization is best. Early termination is next best in cases when the parent does not want/has shown inability to properly care for a child.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:42 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Yes, you are.

It has nothing to do with "men working too hard" being why they die quicker. It has to do with women having 2 X chromosomes instead of XY. The more genetic info on XX can repair some damages or abnormalities which is not possible with just a XY. Also, more estrogen protects some prgans.

This statement pretty much proves that ARE a misogynist, thinking that "male work" kills you or that men work harder or longer than women.

Just admit that you value men more and stop lying to yourself by trying to keep rationalising your sexism.
^^^^^ Utopian Slums......I realize Informed Consent sometimes has a rather detached mode of expression, but Informed Consent is a woman.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:48 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I don't see abortion as a religious or political issue. It's between the physician and woman period, a medical procedure. All of this extra "stuff" pulled into it has created all of the havoc.
You have it backwards. Abortion as merely a medical procedure is pushed to replace what it really is --- an ethical [not religious], scientific, legal, and political/social issue.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:51 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,051,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
I made a post many pages back in the thread that addresses that ^^^^ and from a subjective perspective as I WAS that infant born into a (albeit middle class) horror show of a life.

I also think it is outrageously unjust that females can choose to bear/terminate, but males cannot choose; if they impregnate, they have to be a father, if the female chooses to bear the child, however they cannot force her to terminate if they do not wish to be a father.

Sterilization is best. Early termination is next best in cases when the parent does not want/has shown inability to properly care for a child.
Men do have a choice to be a father or not, it's called birth control. Men should mind your sperm stop thinking it's the woman's sole responsibility

Old 07-25-2017, 05:54 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,883,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Men do have a choice to be a father or not, it's called birth control. Men should mind your sperm stop thinking it's the woman's sole responsibility
Oh it isn't, I agree.
But can you imagine the furor if males were allowed to force terminations?
Why is the reverse OK (women can force fatherhood)?

If both are "equals" then both deserve equal choices, no?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:55 PM

89,098 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Nature didn't set it up that way.
That makes no sense. Women can kill another that they don't want as a dependent, but no one else can?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:59 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,051,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Oh it isn't, I agree.
But can you imagine the furor if males were allowed to force terminations?
Why is the reverse OK (women can force fatherhood)?

If both are "equals" then both deserve equal choices, no?
Women can't force fatherhood on men if they took care of bc themselves and didn't rely solely on the woman

Old 07-25-2017, 06:03 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,969 times
[quote=Utopian Slums;48961682]Yes, you are.

It has nothing to do with "men working too hard" being why they die quicker. It has to do with women having 2 X chromosomes instead of XY. The more genetic info on XX can repair some damages or abnormalities which is not possible with just a XY. Also, more estrogen protects some prgans.
[quote]
The difference in life expectancy is in part due to chromosomes, but discounting social factors as contributing causes is ridiculous.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:08 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,138,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That makes no sense. Women can kill another that they don't want as a dependent, but no one else can?
Not exactly. A woman has the right to decide that she isn't capable of sustaining life inside her body, or outside it, at this point in time. Nature decided that we would bear the burden of pregnancy, risk our lives to give birth, and have the ability to sustain a baby via our breasts. It is a great responsibility.

Men can walk away, and many do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies