Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 11:32 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No for me it's all about stopping mass immigration and globalization, and various and endless other kooky and hostile leftist policies. I'm about the only Trump voter who has criticized anything Trump's done.
Globalization isn't a policy, it's a reality. Globalization defined as "the process by which businesses or other organizations develop international influence or start operating on an international scale."

Global market integration has been happening pretty well since the beginning of civilization, accelerated around 1500,
with a sharp acceleration occuring since around 1750, and continuing today.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:33 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,510 times
Quote:
No for me it's all about stopping mass immigration and globalization, and various and endless other kooky and hostile leftist policies. I'm about the only Trump voter who has criticized anything Trump's done.
Shouldn't that concern you? Shouldn't that concern everyone?

Do I need to post links and data to illustrate that the entire GOP has pushed globalization as "core policy" for decades? That it can be proven to be a "kooky and hostile conservative policy"?

Old 07-27-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Globalization isn't a policy, it's a reality. Globalization defined as "the process by which businesses or other organizations develop international influence or start operating on an international scale."

Global market integration has been happening pretty well since the beginning of civilization, and accelerated since the 1500s, with a sharp acceleration occuring since around 1750.
This is actually very true!

Those in the know (read every multinational and US corporation) may not always appreciate the challenges associated with globalization, but they know full well that it is an inevitability to be embraced and that ignoring it, is to die a slow death.

Those who fear change and competition resist globalization. When did we, as Americans, decide we could not step up and compete and just gave up trying?

Last edited by shaker281; 07-27-2017 at 11:44 PM..

Old 07-27-2017, 11:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Ladies and Gents, this is, in parts, the attitude that brought us this mess..
For many it is no longer about what is actually the best for the country it is ALL about getting one over over the other side, punishing them, make them suffer like they have suffered.
It does not matter what Trump does, as long as it pisses of the lefties and if in the process Trump reverses public enemy number one Obamas stuff in the process that is a bonus. Does not matter if the alternative is not better, heck it matter even not is there is NO alternative just look at the healthcare fiasco.
Healthcare fiasco? Wanna take this up? Bet. I'm game.

What is Trump's healthcare plan? Don't tell me about the plan that McConnell has or the House plan...tell me all about Trump's plan. The one HE formulated.

Give me...let's say two or three of his bullet points in HIS healthcare plan.

(watch this)

Old 07-27-2017, 11:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

Global market integration has been happening pretty well since the beginning of civilization, accelerated around 1500,
with a sharp acceleration occuring since around 1750, and continuing today.
Globalization, trade deals etc are policy. It started off with the late 1940's with Bretton Woods. Business and organization can't have international influence and operations without government policies.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:51 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you want a fight why not address us, millions of people who pulled the lever for Trump. His message put him in the White House, If anyone had his message they would be in the White House. No one has his message.

They lost. We voted for the message . We are the ones responsible for the Trump win, Why hate Trump? We supporters created the win for Trump. You indirectly hate We The People and the our voting right in an election.
Uhhh.. what was your point again?

Fine. I hate Trump and I hate the morons who support him. There. Happy?

And he didn't even win the popular vote. I don't care what lies he tries to pull out of his old ass.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:53 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Do I need to post links and data to illustrate that the entire GOP has pushed globalization as "core policy" for decades?
And Democrats didn't push globalization, bad trade deals and mass immigration? Hillary and Obama didn't support TPP? Bill Clinton didn't sign NAFTA? Wallstreet and corporations seemed to love Hillary and Democrats.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:56 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
And Democrats didn't push globalization, bad trade deals and mass immigration? Hillary and Obama didn't support TPP? Bill Clinton didn't sign NAFTA? Wallstreet and corporations seemed to love Hillary and Democrats.
Sure, but even all the conservative business leaders and politicians are in support of globalization. It's very lucrative. What about your leader? He talks a big game against globalization, but where is all his **** made? Where is all the **** Ivanka peddles made? Riddle me that.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:57 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Globalization, trade deals etc are policy. It started off with the late 1940's with Bretton Woods. Business and organization can't have international influence and operations without government policies.
It depends on how you define globalization. Globalization could also be defined as "the free movement of goods, services and people across the world", something that has been happening since the beginnings of civilization. Viewed this way, government policies can affect and shape globalization, but globalization itself goes beyond just policy.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:
A matter of perspective. Globalization will continue despite any nation's specific policies. Globalization is inevitable, policy is how we choose to deal with it! Government policies can give business advantages or not, but globalization will continue regardless.

Every US business understands this. I doubt you can find one company in the S&P that does not embrace globalization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies