Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 01:28 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,758,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
It most certainly wasn't "we the people". Millions voted, and the person with the majority didn't win.
The candidate with the majority didn't reach 270. The reason why she had the advantage because of California and the illegals that voted. You dems/libs call this election "unfair" and want to change things because Hillary lost? Even if you got rid of the Electoral College and still lost, you'll still whine how it's unfair and want the system change. This is what happens when we live in an "Everyone gets a trophy" generation. They don't know how to lose.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:38 AM

30,581 posts, read 19,310,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No, your guy is in control ----and it is a chaotic DISASTER. Do you really think the President is running an effective, functioning administration? Is this administration serving the people or is it wracked by chaos and in-fighting? How could even Trump voters think that things are going well at the White House? It's a friggin' out-of-control freak show.
A+ so far:

- Trump bump market jump (continuing the great success the Republican Congress the last 6+ years)
- Lowest unemployment rate in 17 years
- Record number of very happy Americans
- 75% reduction in illegal immigrants
- Vetting future terrorists
- Great judicial appointments
- ISIS wiped out of Mosul
- Got us out of the wealth draining from US to other despotic nations of the Paris dischord agreement

Really the chaos you care about I just don't....give me great results, I don't care whether it results from chaos or lack of chaos.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:40 AM

33,575 posts, read 37,205,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Is that what I said? Not if you read carefully and in context.

Wall Street and corporations seem to love Trump and the GOP as much or even more. Trump has appointed a whole lot of Wall Street types to key positions. Possibly more than any POTUS before him.

I refute that globalization is a "liberal" policy. It has always received bipartisan support. This is not even debatable.
Bipartisan? I had no idea that word was still used in American politics....I have watched Americans label themselves for years, but for the last two decades it has slowly become so extreme it is paralyzing your government to the point that nothing much gets done for the American people.

Think how much better things could be if both parties actually worked for their citizens...

Old 07-28-2017, 02:52 AM

11,126 posts, read 5,612,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you want a fight why not address us, millions of people who pulled the lever for Trump. His message put him in the White House, If anyone had his message they would be in the White House. No one has his message.

They lost. We voted for the message . We are the ones responsible for the Trump win, Why hate Trump? We supporters created the win for Trump. You indirectly hate We The People and the our voting right in an election.

Actually, you the sheeple put him in office.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:25 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,645,612 times
Trump is an idiot who left his fate to the even more clueless American public. Is there a law for being too stupid to vote???

Old 07-28-2017, 03:30 AM

6,404 posts, read 6,301,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you want a fight why not address us, millions of people who pulled the lever for Trump. His message put him in the White House, If anyone had his message they would be in the White House. No one has his message.

They lost. We voted for the message . We are the ones responsible for the Trump win, Why hate Trump? We supporters created the win for Trump. You indirectly hate We The People and the our voting right in an election.
I hate that people who his emonomic policies screw- ie, most of his voters- were brainwashed into voting for him and now have Stockholm syndrome. They are/were motivated by hate and greed.

I hate that the richer people who he voted for have such little compassion. They are also motivated by hate and greed.

Most everyone who I know who hates Trump are not "full of hate" as people on CD think.

WE HATE ALL OF THE HATRED THAT TRUMP REPRESENTS.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:30 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,740,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Bipartisan? I had no idea that word was still used in American politics....I have watched Americans label themselves for years, but for the last two decades it has slowly become so extreme it is paralyzing your government to the point that nothing much gets done for the American people.

Think how much better things could be if both parties actually worked for their citizens...
So true.

But, it is also a vicious circle. Apparently this is what the voters desire. Compromise, civility, diplomacy are like Elvis, they have left the building!

Old 07-28-2017, 03:36 AM

8,398 posts, read 4,391,844 times
You are absolutely right. Don't blame Trump. He did everything he could to show he was incompetent and we voted him in anyway.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:33 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,520,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Because many of the voters for Trump were conned by him. Instead of "draining the swamp" the swamp is bigger than ever.
Also you are only part of the people. The half that did not vote for Trump is are still also part of "WE THE PEOPLE". I know as a Trump cult member you probably see that as more of an annoying thing to deal with but hey.... it is what it is.

He is draining the swamp, what he never told you was the drain leads directly to his administration.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:52 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times
I'm betting that even people that pulled the lever for Trump didn't expect this, how could anyone with any degree of common sense have wanted this disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies