Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 12:02 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,969,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you want a fight why not address us, millions of people who pulled the lever for Trump.
If you insist: Hello, millions of people. WTF were you thinking?

Old 07-28-2017, 12:03 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Sure, but even all the conservative business leaders and politicians are in support of globalization. It's very lucrative. What about your leader? He talks a big game against globalization, but where is all his **** made? Where is all the **** Ivanka peddles made? Riddle me that.
Well whatever, Trump tore up TPP and Hillary and Obama did not for one example. He got rid of the garbage Paris climate deal for another. Trump also is reducing regulations that put the US at a competitive disadvantage.

Trump was the best choice available even if I criticize how is dealt with allies in the administration.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:08 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And Democrats didn't push globalization, bad trade deals and mass immigration? Hillary and Obama didn't support TPP? Bill Clinton didn't sign NAFTA? Wallstreet and corporations seemed to love Hillary and Democrats.
Is that what I said? Not if you read carefully and in context.

Wall Street and corporations seem to love Trump and the GOP as much or even more. Trump has appointed a whole lot of Wall Street types to key positions. Possibly more than any POTUS before him.

I refute that globalization is a "liberal" policy. It has always received bipartisan support. This is not even debatable.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well whatever, Trump tore up TPP and Hillary and Obama did not for one example. He got rid of the garbage Paris climate deal for another. Trump also is reducing regulations that put the US at a competitive disadvantage.

Trump was the best choice available even if I criticize how is dealt with allies in the administration.
The US economy will not be better off because Trump backed out of TPP. We have given our greatest competitor, China, a huge opening with our preferred trade partners. TPP was also quite beneficial for US agricultural interests.

And major US corporations have roundly decried walking away from the Paris accord. Not for some "tree hugging" angle, but because they see big advantages for US business in being participants and have vowed to stay in the game.

And for all the tough talk, Trump has failed to drop NAFTA. Maybe he will. And China can gain an even bigger foothold in North America.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:18 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
The US economy will not be better off because Trump backed out of TPP. We have given our greatest competitor, China, a huge opening with our preferred trade partners. TPP was also quite beneficial for US agricultural interests.

And major US corporations have roundly decried walking away from the Paris accord. Not for some "tree hugging" angle, but because they see big advantages for US business in being participants and have vowed to stay in the game.

And for all the tough talk, Trump has failed to drop NAFTA. Maybe he will. And China can gain an even bigger foothold in North America.
OMG I don't think even Trump would be so stupid as to drop NAFTA, since Mexico and Canada are the top two countries for American exports.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:18 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,132 times
At the moment I seriously doubt that Trump and the GOP are capable of passing wind, let alone a health bill. The GOP are the very definition of the word inept.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:23 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Build a wall? That's it?? That is what you want from a person leading the country?

Filling the country with people who hate Christians?

I don't believe that anyone wanting to unite us all is what separates those in the country. Some are instead taught to feel one way and act "superior".

Others are born as they are too, into different races, varied conditions and upbringings. Many, despite finances, etc., are still taught to be fair, respectful, open-minded, rational, honest, decent human beings. I would take that person over a dishonest, unfair, racist, cruel, deceitful, angry, selfish, hateful, emotionally-flawed individual, ANY day.

Life is what one makes it, alright.
*To add, after my earlier response above and explanation to the poster, this is the Reputation message I got from that poster:

"My life is very blessed. You sound hateful. NCN"

(Isn't that selection to be used for rating one's post positively?)

Just furthers the point of my message.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:46 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you want a fight why not address us, millions of people who pulled the lever for Trump. His message put him in the White House, If anyone had his message they would be in the White House. No one has his message.

They lost. We voted for the message . We are the ones responsible for the Trump win, Why hate Trump? We supporters created the win for Trump. You indirectly hate We The People and the our voting right in an election.
I think you are stupid, and failed to see beyond this con man's words.

There. I said it. Have a nice day.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
*To add, after my earlier response above and explanation to the poster, this is the Reputation message I got from that poster:

"My life is very blessed. You sound hateful. NCN"

(Isn't that selection to be used for rating one's post positively?)

Just furthers the point of my message.
I've had a few Trump supporters take snide swipes via the rep feature. Even one, who pretended he was someone else.

I look at it this way, if they want to give you rep points for something they could do in a thread post, have at it!

If you need to say how "blessed" you are, you probably aren't!

Old 07-28-2017, 01:25 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I think you are stupid, and failed to see beyond this con man's words.

There. I said it. Have a nice day.
And you NLVgal, are absolutely bang on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies