Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 07:36 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
People kneel to God when they go to church. Why is kneeling considered unpatriotic. Why are we even taught that.
And don't players also take a knee when someone is injured on the field? Its not disrespectful when they do it...

Old 09-29-2017, 07:39 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Interesting. I don't really mind players taking a knee. I don't like when they sit and LeSean McCoy was doing stretches the other day during the anthem and I think that's terrible.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:40 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,498,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Then why did they have to put it into laws that you couldn't protest within a certain amount of feet from a funeral going on because that was exactly what the Westboro Baptist church was doing, (personally, I am glad they passed this law though. Family just lost someone, don't need some scumbags making a scene while honoring the fallen)

And what about the Veterans and military that are offended by this?

And I doubt the credibility of this story. It's some more fake news. Everyone knows Kaepernick started to change when he began dating that girlfriend of his. His own parents even spoke of this... Enough said.
Okay. First off the funeral thing was specifically protesting against the military. Kneeling during the anthem is not a protest against the military. You want to take it that way? That is merely your interpretation. And a weak one at that as the protesters themselves have talked about that matter. What about flying the confederate flag. I find that honoring traitors to america. What is your opinion on that?

Old 09-29-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And don't players also take a knee when someone is injured on the field? Its not disrespectful when they do it...

They also take a knee at the near end of a game when the outcome is in hand. Kind of a sign of mercy.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:46 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
I was telling my wife this the other day. Taking a knee isn't disrespect. In all of history taking a knee was to either submit or honor. People all over the world knee to pray to their God everyday. Again someone or entity is really trying to divide this country over foolishness and sadly it's working.

Also don't talk to me about "HOW" one should protest, it's called protest for a reason. It's gotten everyone attention but sadly yet again, the effect has become the center of attention than the actual root cause.
The actual root cause is the relentless media campaign, going back to before the 2012 election, to convince black people that they are under attack by the police and assorted racists who want to kill them. I agree that needs more attention.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:50 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
LOL, so a business owner who owns a scam business is pulling his ads. Whoop-tee-do.
MAGA
The NFL is losing money from the boycott faster than OJ Simpson can run through an airport and now the advertisers themselves are beginning to flee the organization as well!

NFL was dealing with almost a 20% drop due to the antics that started with Colin Kaepernick last fall, and that was BEFORE this last weekend when the whole NFL decided to disrespect this great country.

After President Donald Trump expressed his disgust of players taking a knee in protest of the national anthem, the NFL responded by supporting the antics. Some 200 players, as well as coaches and owners, on countless teams “took a knee” this weekend.

Then, fans began fleeing the game in droves, so much so that DirecTV felt compelled to offer refunds to customers seeking to cancel their NFL package subscriptions.

NFL Takes Big Financial Hit As First Major Advertiser Pulls All of Its Advertising! – USSA News | The Tea Party's Front Page

Old 09-29-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
MAGA
The NFL is losing money from the boycott faster than OJ Simpson can run through an airport and now the advertisers themselves are beginning to flee the organization as well!

NFL was dealing with almost a 20% drop due to the antics that started with Colin Kaepernick last fall, and that was BEFORE this last weekend when the whole NFL decided to disrespect this great country.

After President Donald Trump expressed his disgust of players taking a knee in protest of the national anthem, the NFL responded by supporting the antics. Some 200 players, as well as coaches and owners, on countless teams “took a knee” this weekend.

Then, fans began fleeing the game in droves, so much so that DirecTV felt compelled to offer refunds to customers seeking to cancel their NFL package subscriptions.

NFL Takes Big Financial Hit As First Major Advertiser Pulls All of Its Advertising! – USSA News | The Tea Party's Front Page

Who is USSA news? lol.

Did you see that packed Thursday night game in Green Bay last night?

Old 09-29-2017, 07:54 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,595,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
MAGA

Is that a major advertiser? I've never heard of them

210 posts, read 97,669 times
Lol, again, a check cashing store isn't a real business. Nor do their regional ads hurt the NFL.

And if I had a nickel for every conservative who doesn't know the difference between correlation and causation...

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Winner winner chicken dinner!
I think you are oversimplifying.

The media loves to sensationalize. Perhaps Kaepernick discussed this in earlier interviews, but it didn't sell, so it was ignored.

Athletes, actors and various entertainers are one per-centers (groups that most of their respective political party members abhor). The irony is not lost for most of us. I don't watch entertainment to be moved, I watch it to be entertained. However, I do welcome the times I am moved.

President Trump could have used the opportunity to offer inspiring words or unity, but instead chose to be divisive. I understand that he believes that he appeals to his base, but as a Trump supporter, this does not appeal to me.

I am curious of the number of NFLers that kneeled at the anthem this week... how many are familiar with Kaepernick and Boyer's story? How many knee-jerked reacted to a knee-jerk reaction?

If Kaepernick and Boyet's story is legitimate, then politics on both sides obfuscated the true meaning... and no one is better for it.

Last edited by Mad_Jasper; 09-29-2017 at 08:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies