Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 12:19 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Can't lie about that. Some liberals do celebrate conservatives being fired from TV shows. And we have conservarives showing the same scorn for liberals.

Let's call it what it is. Liberals and conservatives are at each others throats, and the divide will remain.
I don't think that is the case and I don't think that you can speak for every conservative. Conservatives that I am aware of point out the hypocrisy of liberals when they say something controversial but don't get fired for it, given they want every conservative fired.

You are stating the obvious that there will be a divide between two groups of people with different politics.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:19 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,895 times
I wish he would stick to politics. Puerto Rico is literally drowning and he is having a giddy fit over NFL players. Smdh

Old 09-23-2017, 12:21 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If you truly believe that anyone (even "relatively wealthy conservatives and their children") is going to give up watching sports to stand in solidarity with the clown-in-chief, there is a bridge in Brooklyn....

Sports is way more popular than Trump and is the biggest type of entertainment there is in the country.

If anyone should be neutral and keep his big mouth out of sports, it is the so-called president.

Speaking of big mouths, did you notice the stands at the Thursday Night game in San Francisco? Or last Sunday's game in L.A. ? Yeah, sure. People aren't going to give up their pro sports teams.

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Sounds a lot more like "the entire sports world is waging WAR on the Voters who elected Donald Trump AND the American Flag and National Anthem".

Time will tell how "hilarious" they think it is. People are FED-UP with this stuff.
Kap is still sucking his thumb and whining because he doesn't have a job and NFL ratings are way, way down.
We will see who has the last "hilarious" laugh.

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Professional sports is popular only to those who waste money and time in watching them. To the rest of us, they are a bloated corporate cash cow, and their worth or worthlessness has nothing to do with Trump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Oh, so you're one of those that believe sports are too popular to ever become less popular? Makes sense.
I don't actually watch much other than soccer and Formula One, but a couple of Trump loyalists are not going to stop the economic machine that is sports in the US.

Football and basketball alone generate billions and billions of dollars. A few Trump snowflakes are not going to put a dent in that.

Sixty percent of the country doesn't even like Trump--he's not in a position to be bashing anyone. Just like his war with Hollywood is not keeping anyone from watching TV and movies, his war with professional athletes will not hurt sports.

You know what this will hurt? Trump's polls. People hate his stupid twitter wars, and it reminds everyone how unfit for office he truly is.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:22 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
My reading is just fine. Most people polled also said Collin shouldn't be fired for kneeling either
tell that to the 32 owners, nobody wants him.......and what poll are you quoting from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Did anyone indicate kneeling is an attempt to win an election? Talk about simply making things up.

No, that is not what I said......try again.......you have 2 sides, Americans who don't condom the kneeling of our National Anthem and flag to push a personal agenda and Americans who condom that.......Trump took a side just like Obama took a side.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:22 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I don't think that is the case and I don't think that you can speak for every conservative. Conservatives that I am aware of point out the hypocrisy of liberals when they say something controversial but don't get fired for it, given they want every conservative fired.

You are stating the obvious that there will be a divide between two groups of people with different politics.
Well I think it is the case. I've seen both cases of this on the city-data forums. Liberals harp on conservatives and conservatives harp on liberals. I'm seeing both sides showing hypocrisy. If there aren't any conservatives who want to see people get fired for having opinions, explain the crap going on wtih Colin Kaepernick.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:24 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
Ok, I would say you are doing a triangulation thing and virtue signaling. There is def. a double standard for liberals and conservatives in society. I could list example after example.

Kap isn't in the league b/c he isn't a good enough to play QB. He only started protesting when he was benched. Many conservatives are simply chosing not to watch NFL, and that is not the same thing as calling for somebody to be fired.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:24 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Good old Deadspin. Sharpest, most clever commentators in cyberspace. Really puts the CD folks around here to shame. I really enjoyed the comment along the lines that Trump supporters are quick to call out athletes for injecting politics into sports, but crickets when the Trump brings his politics into sports.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:25 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,019,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Really? How would the changing demographics of this country cause a problem for the NFL?
The vast majority of fans in the stands are white. Those fans are aging and shrinking in number. The same is true for cable subscribers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies