Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 08:52 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Pretty sad that football is played once per week and they can't fill the stadium to at least appear sold out.
Games are on Sunday, Monday night and Thursday night. So not once a week. I don't know any stadium that isn't full. Which teams are you talking about that don't fill a stadium

Old 09-22-2017, 10:19 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
I hear Trump ripped these players a new one and called for a boycott!

Old 09-22-2017, 10:27 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,409,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Games are on Sunday, Monday night and Thursday night. So not once a week. I don't know any stadium that isn't full. Which teams are you talking about that don't fill a stadium
A week ago, San Fran and Rams had less people combined than the Texas-USC game did.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:35 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
A week ago, San Fran and Rams had less people combined than the Texas-USC game did.
The Rams were originally from Missouri. They keep moving around so no one cares about them. Why not ask the Steeler, Patriots, and Redskins fans.... etc. Their stadiums are full

Old 09-22-2017, 10:37 PM

NFL tv ratings are down. Most NFL fans aren't at the games.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:42 PM

Conservatives and other non-liberals started to tune out a few years back as the games became more politicized with Bob Costas types forcing their opinions on a audience that tuned in for football.

I personally don't care about people not standing for athem although it is silly given they are paid millions to play a game that isn't possible in other countries.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:48 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,287,874 times
Roger Goodell.

Greed.

Jealousy.

It's all out there for public consumption. The discussions could rage on forever. The business grew exponentially. Medical and legal infiltrated the business, not like the old days of underpaid players who clobbered each other. The fight for balance of profit and player safety and public interest and rules/legal in recent years has been as much of a %$^# show as our recent political climate. People have grown weary of the witch hunts by the league, the loss of loyalty on both sides (player and team), and other factors. And to boot the ticket prices are outrageous for live events. There's more crap with replays and refs and what's a penalty versus what used to be good old fashioned knock your block off football. It's tough.

Not caring what other fans feel, but I have been lucky to be a Pats fan (I became a full time fan when Steve Grogan became QB). I suffered through the laughing stock years like Browns fans have in recent years. Others can scream cheat, system, whatever. I don't care, because as a fan I've had a lot to cheer about. And I've been on the biggest defensive side of fandom, as the Pats have had a target on their helmets and have been a soap opera story during the Brady/Belichick era. A couple of Gates, a GOAT, lots of postseason success. I can tune out all that I think is big time negative and a turn off because of being the fan of a dynasty team.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:59 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I didn't say exclusive. However, the majority that I know are the conservative/pro-'merica/pro-anthem/pickup driving/military supporting, Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor types. These same people can afford to go to multiple games and buy a lot of NFL apparel/junk for themselves and their kids. The NFL will be in trouble if these people start turning their backs in large numbers.
Same as if the City slickers I know who live where I live stop buying their season tickets and all the apparel for themselves and their kids . I have liberal nfl friends and family in Jersey, NY, Conn and Philly. Liberals can afford all the same junk conservatives waste money on. The NFL can't survive with just Trump supporters and racists buying stuff.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:02 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Good. The Niners suck. Why spend money on a garbage team. I stopped going to Knicks and Nets games for that reason. I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a poor product.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:02 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The Rams were originally from Missouri. They keep moving around so no one cares about them. Why not ask the Steeler, Patriots, and Redskins fans.... etc. Their stadiums are full

you know there are 32 teams in the NFL........having 5 or even 10 teams having their stadiums full is NOT going to cut it since the NFL is shared revenue league with all 32 teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies