Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 04:12 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Then again, it was on a weekday and from the way the sun is shinning, I'll be that was during rush hour traffic in the late afternoon, early evening. Not so sure anyone would want to brave that 101 traffic nightmare mess over a game this early in the season. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I'd say in a month or so if it's like that on a weekend, yeah, it will look like not to many people are digging the games anymore.
Most Niners fans I know despise Levis and have no intention of going to any game there. I wonder how much that move has hurt their attendance (I'm sure it hasn't hurt their sales of tickets as they have gone to more corporate entities vs. diehard fans).

Old 09-22-2017, 04:29 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post

Yeah, great "crowd."
Pretty sad that football is played once per week and they can't fill the stadium to at least appear sold out.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:34 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Have the ratings for college went up or stayed about the same?

Most of the football fans I know are pretty conservative with a low tolerance for BS so I can see why ratings are down.
Thats a bunch of BS..... Drinking beer and eating hotdogs and being blue collar are not exclusive to conservatives. The NFL is down because ALL of us are tired of the watered down games where everything is slanted toward the offense. I want to see football not two hand touch. I also am pissed off that KAP and TEBOW are not in the league. They are both better than half of the current starting QBs including my teams QB Eli Manning. FREE TEBOW.... FREE KAP........

Old 09-22-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Football ain't going anywhere anytime soon. I like seeing the customers have some power.

I do have a problem with the non-standers during the anthem. If enough of them do it, I will find something else to do.
Or why not replace all the talented black activist players with bootlicking "patriotic" non talented players... Are you going to be mad at me if I dont stand and I am a customer? What if half the crowd didnt stand due to principle? will you demand your money back? FREE TEBOW....... I stopped watching football after NE cut him.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post

Yeah, great "crowd."
their team sucks after they lost Harbaugh and Kap.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Football ain't going anywhere anytime soon. I like seeing the customers have some power.

I do have a problem with the non-standers during the anthem. If enough of them do it, I will find something else to do.
This is the kind of out-of-whack with reality view that you see here, but not in real life. No one is giving up football because a few players chose to kneel for the national anthem. The majority of people don't even watch the national anthem portion of the game as it's not even aired.

Yeah, sure, they might have an opinion about it if you bring it up. But this is not a hill people are dying on, especially with something as beloved in America as the sport of football.

Not everything is political.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Thats a bunch of BS..... Drinking beer and eating hotdogs and being blue collar are not exclusive to conservatives. The NFL is down because ALL of us are tired of the watered down games where everything is slanted toward the offense. I want to see football not two hand touch. I also am pissed off that KAP and TEBOW are not in the league. They are both better than half of the current starting QBs including my teams QB Eli Manning. FREE TEBOW.... FREE KAP........
I didn't say exclusive. However, the majority that I know are the conservative/pro-'merica/pro-anthem/pickup driving/military supporting, Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor types. These same people can afford to go to multiple games and buy a lot of NFL apparel/junk for themselves and their kids. The NFL will be in trouble if these people start turning their backs in large numbers.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
This is the kind of out-of-whack with reality view that you see here, but not in real life. No one is giving up football because a few players chose to kneel for the national anthem. The majority of people don't even watch the national anthem portion of the game as it's not even aired.

Yeah, sure, they might have an opinion about it if you bring it up. But this is not a hill people are dying on, especially with something as beloved in America as the sport of football.

Not everything is political.
Anecdotal, but I was talking to friend yesterday and he mention that has his former military dad has completely stopped watching pro football due to everything going on.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Anecdotal, but I was talking to friend yesterday and he mention that has his former military dad has completely stopped watching pro football due to everything going on.
Specifically over the kneeling during the anthem? Or other things? "everything going on" can mean a lot of things...

I find it hard to believe that a very small handful of players kneeling during the anthem is having a significant impact on people watching football.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Specifically over the kneeling during the anthem? Or other things? "everything going on" can mean a lot of things...

I find it hard to believe that a very small handful of players kneeling during the anthem is having a significant impact on people watching football.
He said players disrespecting the country. That's simply how many see it, so they may easily give up football and find something else to do with their time. In the mean time, the NFL will find something else to blame for declining ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies