Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 12:07 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Where was that game played at? If in the bay area, I'd be willing to bet that had they still been playing out at the stick, there would have been way more people in attendance. I'm almost sure of it. That new 49 stadium in Santa Clara turned out to be a real turd all the way around for everyone. I have a friend who's family had owned a box for 30 plus years. When the new Santa Clara stadium went up, the prices of the boxes became astronomical compared to what they used to be. For that reason, they did not renew when the new stadium was built. Not only that, if you own seats and you wish to sell them for a game, you really can't because they don't send out the tickets unit a day or so before each game. I knew people in the past who owned seats and they were griping over how they can't really sell tickets on stubhub and places like that anymore like they used to. And then the stadium is burning hot in the sun.

All that boils down to low ticket sales, along with other negative factors such as a lot of people tired of the political bs brought into the game.
49ers were home team, so yeah it must have been played at this new stadium. Very weird how they don't send tickets out ahead of time, almost like they did that on purpose to avoid people selling their seats....but why would they care?

Old 09-22-2017, 12:09 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
So while some of you know or someone of you don't care he is the reason the NFL is having a crappy season so far. Loss in seating money, ratings and over all interest in the game.

1. It can't be popular forever. Every game and sport has its ups and downs.
2. Political activism in the NFL. From the talk radio, to the espn news to the players siting for the national anthem. Fans are tired of it all, and just go watch college football.
3. Over time the game has been torn down to safety, to over flag happy no plays ever stick.
4. You have the right to protest the American Flag but you dont have right to dance in the endzone?
Fine them for everything in that stadium.
I will tell you this. In 15-20 years all sports in this country will have a huge problem. Kids today are NOT watching. They may be playing sports , but most are are on their IPADS or doing stuff on the internet. There are millions of games they play while back in the 80's and 90's you didn't have half of what kids today have to occupy their time.. The average age of people following sports is getting older and older. When I was a kid following your local sports teams was a rite of passage. You lived it. Now its not even an afterthought for today's youth unless the parents are very proactive.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:24 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
49ers were home team, so yeah it must have been played at this new stadium. Very weird how they don't send tickets out ahead of time, almost like they did that on purpose to avoid people selling their seats....but why would they care?
I knew a guy a few years ago who used to make some good money on selling his tickets, especially if big important games were being played there. He was hella pissed when they changed it up to where he couldn't sell the tickets like he used to when it was at the stick.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:24 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
have you heard of google?
Just search this forum, or the sports forum... plenty of threads on the subject.

-------------------------

The stadium pics from last night - it looks like it was family and friends day at the Rams v 49ers.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:39 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,806,242 times

Yeah, great "crowd."

Old 09-22-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just search this forum, or the sports forum... plenty of threads on the subject.

-------------------------

The stadium pics from last night - it looks like it was family and friends day at the Rams v 49ers.
Then again, it was on a weekday and from the way the sun is shinning, I'll be that was during rush hour traffic in the late afternoon, early evening. Not so sure anyone would want to brave that 101 traffic nightmare mess over a game this early in the season. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I'd say in a month or so if it's like that on a weekend, yeah, it will look like not to many people are digging the games anymore.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:48 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,854 times
I know some of you posters are hoping/wishing that the NFL goes down so you can say I told you so, thinking about the anthem protests. Bravo.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:49 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
So while some of you know or someone of you don't care he is the reason the NFL is having a crappy season so far. Loss in seating money, ratings and over all interest in the game.

1. It can't be popular forever. Every game and sport has its ups and downs.
2. Political activism in the NFL. From the talk radio, to the espn news to the players siting for the national anthem. Fans are tired of it all, and just go watch college football.
3. Over time the game has been torn down to safety, to over flag happy no plays ever stick.
4. You have the right to protest the American Flag but you dont have right to dance in the endzone?
Fine them for everything in that stadium.
I actually stopped caring about football for far different reasons. The NFL is corrupt and its handling of the concussion and CTE scandal has been disgusting. I have no interest to give them any money. Nor do I want to contribute to the popularity of a sport that destroys young men's minds.

You're a fool if you think football is going anywhere, though. Or that this is somehow related to political activism (giant LOL). People love football just as much as ever. People have some warped perspectives on reality on this forum. Not everything is about politics.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I know some of you posters are hoping/wishing that the NFL goes down so you can say I told you so, thinking about the anthem protests. Bravo.
I don't care about any "I told you so" bs. If they do go down though I'll be happy regardless.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:14 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Then again, it was on a weekday and from the way the sun is shinning, I'll be that was during rush hour traffic in the late afternoon, early evening. Not so sure anyone would want to brave that 101 traffic nightmare mess over a game this early in the season. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I'd say in a month or so if it's like that on a weekend, yeah, it will look like not to many people are digging the games anymore.
Football ain't going anywhere anytime soon. I like seeing the customers have some power.

I do have a problem with the non-standers during the anthem. If enough of them do it, I will find something else to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies