Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 11:04 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you know there are 32 teams in the NFL........having 5 or even 10 teams having their stadiums full is NOT going to cut it since the NFL is shared revenue league with all 32 teams.
Do you think the Patriots would have an empty field. It depends on the fans.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:04 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Roger Goodell.

Greed.

Jealousy.

It's all out there for public consumption. The discussions could rage on forever. The business grew exponentially. Medical and legal infiltrated the business, not like the old days of underpaid players who clobbered each other. The fight for balance of profit and player safety and public interest and rules/legal in recent years has been as much of a %$^# show as our recent political climate. People have grown weary of the witch hunts by the league, the loss of loyalty on both sides (player and team), and other factors. And to boot the ticket prices are outrageous for live events. There's more crap with replays and refs and what's a penalty versus what used to be good old fashioned knock your block off football. It's tough.

Not caring what other fans feel, but I have been lucky to be a Pats fan (I became a full time fan when Steve Grogan became QB). I suffered through the laughing stock years like Browns fans have in recent years. Others can scream cheat, system, whatever. I don't care, because as a fan I've had a lot to cheer about. And I've been on the biggest defensive side of fandom, as the Pats have had a target on their helmets and have been a soap opera story during the Brady/Belichick era. A couple of Gates, a GOAT, lots of postseason success. I can tune out all that I think is big time negative and a turn off because of being the fan of a dynasty team.
I hate Bill Bellacheat and Shady Brady and the rest of the Boston teams. Giants fan here . Lol. That was my disclaimer. But I agree with you 100 percent. Football isn't the same product it once was.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:20 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you think the Patriots would have an empty field. It depends on the fans.

I don't see Tom Brady and his coach kneeling down to the National Anthem in every game and trashing this country while wearing a Fidel Castro t-shirt praising the dictator while calling all cops pigs while earning over 200 million dollars and living privileged lives.

as long that they win Super Bowls and stick to football they will have the support of their fans.

I talk to Mexicans in the U.S. who are huge sports fans in Boxing and soccer and they told me if a Mexican athlete kneels down to the Mexican flag and their National Anthem playing in public that they would be DONE, outcast and their careers done and Mexico has more social problems and their police are real corrupt than the U.S.A but they told me you don't mess with their flag and National Anthem. There are other venues that the athlete can use other than insulting a large % of the population every week on national t.v.....that athlete would be done in Mexico.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
So while some of you know or someone of you don't care he is the reason the NFL is having a crappy season so far. Loss in seating money, ratings and over all interest in the game.

1. It can't be popular forever. Every game and sport has its ups and downs.
2. Political activism in the NFL. From the talk radio, to the espn news to the players siting for the national anthem. Fans are tired of it all, and just go watch college football.
3. Over time the game has been torn down to safety, to over flag happy no plays ever stick.
4. You have the right to protest the American Flag but you dont have right to dance in the endzone?
Fine them for everything in that stadium.
Ratings have been going down for about 3 seasons now

Old 09-22-2017, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I don't see Tom Brady and his coach kneeling down to the National Anthem in every game and trashing this country while wearing a Fidel Castro t-shirt praising the dictator while calling all cops pigs while earning over 200 million dollars and living privileged lives.

as long that they win Super Bowls and stick to football they will have the support of their fans.

I talk to Mexicans in the U.S. who are huge sports fans in Boxing and soccer and they told me if a Mexican athlete kneels down to the Mexican flag and their National Anthem playing in public that they would be DONE, outcast and their careers done and Mexico has more social problems and their police are real corrupt than the U.S.A but they told me you don't mess with their flag and National Anthem. There are other venues that the athlete can use other than insulting a large % of the population every week on national t.v.....that athlete would be done in Mexico.
I'm sorry but no one has to stand for the national anthem. If they want to sit out why is that a problem.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:33 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry but no one has to stand for the national anthem. If they want to sit out why is that a problem.

if you are working for me and representing my organization yes you do!.

a reason Kap doesn't have a job.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
if you are working for me and representing my organization yes you do!.

a reason Kap doesn't have a job.
There were many who did the same in solidarity with him.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
There were many who did the same in solidarity with him.

and the league took a hit....that's why he doesn't have a job.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:41 PM

Quote:
and the league took a hit....that's why he doesn't have a job.
He will though.

Old 09-23-2017, 01:03 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
I dont watch much anymore for several reasons.

1. I think some games are fixed, especially post season, by people paying off the refs.

2.The games are too long,too many commercials and time outs for the refs to check the video replay.

3.Players attitudes and the whole protest mess. I can find better entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies