Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 04:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,613,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
No they have not... yet the liberals keep trying to make it so...
Yes, they have.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:59 PM

20,186 posts, read 23,916,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
You just come along, categorically state your unsupported (and incorrect) OPINION as fact, and expect that it's over? Do those tactics prove successful in your real life interactions with people? I suspect not.
Do you think your opinion is actually fact and let your ego convince you so? I suspect yes.

Old 10-02-2017, 05:06 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,293,402 times
Quote:
Do you think your opinion is actually fact and let your ego convince you so? I suspect yes.
No, from the horses mouth, the NFL players are protesting cops shooting unarmed black men. You somehow think you know better? In other words I have a source other than me that's a direct party to the situation in question. What do you have backing up your suppositions besides you?

Old 10-02-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
No, from the horses mouth, the NFL players are protesting cops shooting unarmed black men. You somehow think you know better? In other words I have a source other than me that's a direct party to the situation in question. What do you have backing up your suppositions besides you?
The fact that police officers and unarmed black men have nothing to do with the anthem or flag... seems like I do know better...

Old 10-02-2017, 05:34 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,293,402 times
Quote:
The fact that police officers and unarmed black men have nothing to do with the anthem or flag... seems like I do know better...
You're right. They're NOT protesting the anthem or the flag. They're protesting cops shooting unarmed black guys by kneeling during the anthem. That gets them noticed, which is, of course, the whole idea of a protest. That fact it gets your panties ruffled proves it's working.

Old 10-02-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
You're right. They're NOT protesting the anthem or the flag. They're protesting cops shooting unarmed black guys by kneeling during the anthem. That gets them noticed, which is, of course, the whole idea of a protest. That fact it gets your panties ruffled proves it's working.
I don't go to the courthouse and protest Publix selling eggs... don't matter if they are idiots and can't figure it out. they are protesting by displaying a disrespectful manner TOWARDS the anthem/flag is still disrespectful regardless of what they are doing it for... someone can burn the flag and protest the same thing, doesn't make what they did okay...

Old 10-02-2017, 05:45 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,986,119 times
Quote:
If that's true, where were these protests when that fool Obama was President? Most of these killings happened under his watch. I guess the idiot NFL players and their supporters are too stupid to see that.

Last edited by LoveToRow; 10-02-2017 at 05:55 PM..

Old 10-02-2017, 05:53 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,362,739 times
Default CNN Anchor: NFL Owners Have Data That Support Trump’s Claim on NFL Protests Hurting TV Ratings

Well, howz about that, eh libs?

From the Washington Free Beacon -

"CNN host John King said Sunday that NFL owners have data supporting President Donald Trump's claim that television ratings have gone down because of players' protests during the national anthem.

"NFL owners so far siding with their players for their right to free speech, but they're also keeping close tabs on the financial impact and the public relations impact of this confrontation," King said.

He went on to say that the NFL owners have research "clearly showing the president is right" when he claims the national anthem protests are one factor in TV ratings dropping"

CNN Anchor: NFL Owners Have Data That Support Trump's Claim on NFL Protests Hurting TV Ratings

Old 10-02-2017, 05:58 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,516,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
If that's true, where were these protests when that fool Obama was President? Most of these killings happened under his watch. I guess the idiot NFL players and their supporters are too stupid to see that.

Kaepernick did start this when Obama was president. Now who is the idiot?

Old 10-02-2017, 06:00 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,986,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Kaepernick did start this when Obama was president. Now who is the idiot?
1 player versus 200. That would be those 199 players and their defenders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies