Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 03:52 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times

Advertisements

Trump is no politician and he is not even a lawyer with the attorney filter that weighs everything they say just in case they might be sued.
Trump says it like it is. He says it like we all think but don't dare say. I don't know if this is a good or a bad trait but it is not so good in a President.

I'm sure those cops have been at many crime scenes where there is no doubt that the guy they just arrested is guilty but it is not their decision to treat that person roughly.

Of course the cops laughed at the joke because they have all thought about doing it. We have all thought about it. If a person just beat up your wife or molested your kid wouldn't you have the urge to beat the person responsible?
Cops have feelings like we all do and most of them have constraint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 03:54 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hmmmmmm......

Donald Trump Endorses Police Brutality In Speech To Cops
Donald Trump Endorses Police Brutality In Speech To Cops | HuffPost
Or the HuffPost could be getting the vapors over nothing except that Trump said something.

This is what the HuffPost is defending:

https://twitter.com/polNewsForever/s...11555466366976

You don't handle these types with soft caresses.

No one is calling for "police brutality", Trump is saying, "Don't be afraid to use force IF you have to". But that doesn't sound good to the left so they, of course, pretend he meant something else.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:55 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hmmmmmm......

Donald Trump Endorses Police Brutality In Speech To Cops
Donald Trump Endorses Police Brutality In Speech To Cops | HuffPost
I couldn't quite believe I was hearing that.

Made me want to throw up.

one can only hope Donnie jr. and jared get their heads 'bumped' when they're being taken away.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:57 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

tRump is essentially giving them carte blanche to act out on their feelings.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Trump is no politician and he is not even a lawyer with the attorney filter that weighs everything they say just in case they might be sued.
By a frivolous lawsuit loving guy like Trump.

Quote:
Trump says it like it is. He says it like we all think but don't dare say. I don't know if this is a good or a bad trait but it is not so good in a President.
So do five year olds. That is why they are not allowed to be president.

Quote:
I'm sure those cops have been at many crime scenes where there is no doubt that the guy they just arrested is guilty but it is not their decision to treat that person roughly.
Of course the cops laughed at the joke because they have all thought about doing it. We have all thought about it. If a person just beat up your wife or molested your kid wouldn't you have the urge to beat the person responsible? Cops have feelings like we all do and most of them have constraint.
Yeah--we all would like to do it, but cops actually can and do.

Cops have domestic violence complaints against them -- 4 times the national average. Many of them apparently do not have constraint.

They do not need to be encouraged to be commit police brutality by the idiot in chief.

Last edited by Enigma777; 07-28-2017 at 04:16 PM..

Old 07-28-2017, 04:16 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,191,390 times
How is Our country going to survive this bully egocentric idiot. It just boggles my mind, just can't wrap my mind around the fact that some think how he acts and what he say is fine. If some think this is all OK they will feel it OK and even encourage this behavior. God help us all.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
So you can extract meaning out of his incoherent speaking? Even more baffling than your understanding of that mish-mash is how it conforms you what you already believe.

It's magic!
I simply asked a question. Got a problem with that?
Quote:

Of course the cops laughed at the joke because they have all thought about doing it. We have all thought about it. If a person just beat up your wife or molested your kid wouldn't you have the urge to beat the person responsible?
Should the president encourage cops to rough suspects up?

Because until a man is convicted, he IS a suspect, and that's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Or the HuffPost could be getting the vapors over nothing except that Trump said something.

This is what the HuffPost is defending:

https://twitter.com/polNewsForever/s...91011555466366

You don't handle these types with soft caresses.

No one is calling for "police brutality", Trump is saying, "Don't be afraid to use force IF you have to". But that doesn't sound good to the left so they, of course, pretend he meant something else.
What did he mean then? In 2017, is this what you should be saying that when tensions are already high?

And then to say that the laws don't protect cops is nonsensical. Especially seeing as how difficult it is to convict cops of even the most egregious crimes.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:19 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
respect for police is highest since 50 years

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wash...l-in-50-years/

Oops. Looks like
Liberal attempts to tar and feather all police backfired

Old 07-28-2017, 06:33 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I couldn't quite believe I was hearing that.

Made me want to throw up.

one can only hope Donnie jr. and jared get their heads 'bumped' when they're being taken away.
The POTUS is encouraging law enforcement officers to injure cooperate suspects?

WTH?

Old 07-28-2017, 06:37 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Trump thinks he can get the military and police "on side" to protect him should he need it later. Trump really does think he is some kind of king. he is a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies