Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 12:30 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hmmmmmm......

Donald Trump Endorses Police Brutality In Speech To Cops
Donald Trump Endorses Police Brutality In Speech To Cops | HuffPost
When trump tweeted "covfefe" I believe it was his code word to law enforcement that police brutality was once again A-OK.

Kidding aside, he's been an embarrassment from day one. And this is just another example of his idiocy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 08:44 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Oh my god..what partisan hypocrisy.

I would love to hear Trumps thoughts on why, no matter what he does, he is ALWAYS found guilty by the stupid liberals

Trump is 100% guilty of collusion with Russia,,DESPITE NO CONCRETE PROOF
Trump guilty of sexual assault on 12 so called victims..NO CHARGES FILED BY ANY OF THEM THOUGH
Trump guilty of calling all Mexicans rapists. Never said it but guilty nevertheless
Trump guilty of raping a 13 year old..ALL CHARGES DROPPED..but still guilty
Trump 100% guilty of cheating on his taxes/didn't pay taxes for 20 years..MADCOW DISPROVED IT

need I go on?
So, you do disagree with Trump then, right? A cop, upon detaining an individual, should absolutely not intuitionally smack people's head on cars or cause any other unnecessary violence? Since clealry you think Trump is being unfairly treated, you then would agree that the common folk, not yet convicted, should be treated with dignity?

I don't know if I should respect a response. You immediately jumped to partisanship, which is a bad sign. For what it's worth, I agree with you. I 100% think he did has some kind of contact with the Russian government, but I think it's a developing story and am willing to accept that he may not have. And I do not think he's a rapist. But I also think that someone being put in a cop car has been detained and purposefully committing acts of violence, even a minor one, against them is wrong coming from people entrusted to protect our communities.

So, let's see you prove that your not just a partisan hack. Retain your defense of Trump while disagreeing with his idea that cops should enact such unnecessary punishment. Let's see if you have it in you. Because I'm fairly certain you don't, but I'd love to be wrong about that.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:51 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
I will never understand why Second Amendment small-government freedom-touting conservatives are so keen to empower government officials while removing accountability

Old 07-29-2017, 10:28 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I will never understand why Second Amendment small-government freedom-touting conservatives are so keen to empower government officials while removing accountability
Because a large section of the "second amendment is the only amendment that matters crowd" are virulent racists who see the police as a way to control minorities in urban areas they they have no interest in venturing into anyway.

Not all, but a good portion of them are survivalist types waiting for a race war. Many on this site who comment daily.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:31 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Don't do the crime and you won't have to get into a police car.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:40 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You mean, don't be suspected of a crime. Unless, of course, you think a baton-happy cop is a suitable replacement for due process and a fair trial?

Old 07-29-2017, 10:52 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No one is calling for "police brutality", Trump is saying, "Don't be afraid to use force IF you have to".
Trump was specifically referring to bumping somebody's head on the car door frame, a popular stunt with poorly-trained, poorly-led police officers anywhere.

If you guys on the right really want to talk about respecting the US constitution, you might want to stand up for it when government employees get violent.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:55 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Because of race. All of those "Second Amendment, small government" conservatives are white and the only recipients of police brutality, both real and perceived, are usually people of color.

Maybe Trump knows his audience:

James Burke, Ex-Suffolk County Police Chief, Sentenced to 46 Months

Old 07-29-2017, 11:02 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
So smug. And the fun thing is, people with that "can't happen to me" attitude aren't at all ready when bad luck strikes and they're the ones in the cop car. Ask any defense lawyer - Joe Middle Class is often dumb enough to think police officers are like the nice security guard in the gated community, still on his side, somehow, and will talk when he should have shut up.

Also, don't wear a t-shirt the same color of someone who did crime nearby. That's an arrestin'.

And don't have a name that resembles the name of someone with a warrant. That's an arrestin', a beating and a charge for destruction of public property when you bleed on the police uniforms. (Yes, this happened.)

And whatever you do, don't grow hydroponic tomatoes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...id-their-home/

Old 07-29-2017, 11:05 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:
Innocent until proven guilty. This isn't Nazi Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies