Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 01:25 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
It should have been Single Payer from the beginning.
Wasn't the Republicans against single Payer
Joe Lieberman, eventually an Independent who caucused with Democrats (and was the 2000 VP nominee for the Democrats) was the roadblock to a public option when the ACA was germinating. Lieberman threatened to filibuster if a public option was included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 01:31 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,270,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And the death spiral for the load of crap called Obamacare continues!

Back to square one and start over...
Great, and your plan is...?

Old 08-04-2017, 01:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Joe Lieberman, eventually an Independent who caucused with Democrats (and was the 2000 VP nominee for the Democrats) was the roadblock to a public option when the ACA was germinating. Lieberman threatened to filibuster if a public option was included.
What was being suggested was those over 55 being able to buy insurance off the government. That is not what we need.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:45 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Dont worry Trump will repeal Obamacare and great coverage will be just $19.99 a month. All the health insurance problems are Obama's fault since there were no problems before 2009.
He sure didn't help much. He was either lying, ignorant, or both.

Obama:
"We will keep this promise to the American people, if you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor, period!"

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan, period!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfl55GgHr5E

"Obama Promises To Lower Health Insurance Premiums by $2,500 Per Year"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66bgpRRSDD4

"CBS Highlights New Report With Dire News ObamaCare 'Makes Things Worse' In ER"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMfQkfNnTWM

"Obamacare Causes Disabled Family's Insurance Bill To Increase 300 Percent"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShDg7uUx_dY

Old 08-04-2017, 01:58 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Actually, yes, they are better. At least with a corporation, I can try to find relief in court, with the government, lol, good luck.

I can also compare the experiences of other people to find an insurance company that isn't as bad. With single payer my choice is limited to one choice.
I hear this concept a lot, but don't really understand. What relief do you think you're going to get in court? Do you really think you have time?

When it took a month for my insurance to approve scans that I needed and a course of treatment for my already stage IV cancer, I had no opportunity to "find relief" in court. While friends in an online support group for my type of cancer got into chemo within a week in the UK, Canada, and Israel, it took over a month for me. And my insurance wouldn't approve the chemotherapy regime that my oncologist recommended and that my friends in the UK, Canada, and Israel had no problem getting as first line treatment. I had multiple scans cancelled because the night before I was due to have them my insurance denied the preauthorization. I was getting treatment at one of the best cancer centers in the world and it makes me sick how many hours both they and I wasted fighting with the insurance.

But had I tried to sue, not only would I have lost (or never even been able to file a claim), but what good would that have done me when days mattered?

This was, by the way, only a few months after I had been denied all but a very expensive (more than my rental budget) catastrophic plan due to minor, unrelated preexisting conditions at 23. No choice there. Nor would I have had a choice other than to try to find an employer with different insurance while actively going through cancer.

Reality doesn't parse out with your fantasy.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:00 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Put the insurance vultures out of business. SINGLE PAYER NOW!

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/02/reut...-year-end.html
That rate hike is because Trump is threatening to not pay the subsidies to intentionally increase rates and force it to collapse.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:02 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Obamacare was designed to fail so Hillary could implement Single Payer, government run healthcare which would be the largest disaster in U.S. history. It is up to the GOP, and Trump to create a market based alternative that works. Not government run, Communist healthcare which would be just like the VA. A horror show.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
That rate hike is because Trump is threatening to not pay the subsidies to intentionally increase rates and force it to collapse.
When did subsidizing Wall Street become a good thing?

Old 08-04-2017, 02:28 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It will collapse on it's own regardless of what Trump does. Obamacare has failed. It didn't save us $2500 a years, as promised. We couldn't keep our Doctors as promised. We couldn't keep our current Insurance as promised. Emergency room use is at an all time high, which was supposed to go down. It is truly the Non-Affordable Health Care Act.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:48 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,289,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It will collapse on it's own regardless of what Trump does. Obamacare has failed. It didn't save us $2500 a years, as promised. We couldn't keep our Doctors as promised. We couldn't keep our current Insurance as promised. Emergency room use is at an all time high, which was supposed to go down. It is truly the Non-Affordable Health Care Act.
But the fine lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies