Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 12:16 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Congressman Ted Lieu

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/893215550842654720

This is the beginning of the end. The rats are beginning to flee:

As Mueller Closes In, Republicans Turn Away From Trump
"You don't impanel a grand jury if you only have smoke"

B.S. ALL the experts have stated that it is COMMON practice to impanel a grand jury.

He IS a career politician DEM from Ca. so what do you expect him to say.

He has NEVER held a non-gov't job.

"He also served as a law clerk to Judge Thomas Tang of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit"

THAT explains a LOT!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Lieu

Old 08-04-2017, 12:55 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Right. Because no one could look at all the chaos in this presidency and conclude on their own that something is seriously wrong.
I don't see any "chaos." Changes are made. They are necessary. Obama made changes in his first few months as well, and he had two different Secretary's of State, and two Attorney's General.

He also fired Van Jones early on, and how many others?

The Trump team is working well, and they are getting things done. Because the "news" networks you watch don't report accurately isn't Trumps fault. And the Trump team is dealing with resistance from Democrats that no other Republican President has faced. Obama never received this kind of resistance from Republicans.

The Markets are up. The economy is growing at a pace not seen in 8 years. Unemployment is down. Factory orders are up. We are energy independent, we are operating our coal mines again and will be exporting PA coal to the Ukraine. Our military readiness is improving after years of decline under Obama.

The phony "Russia so-called 'investigation'" has been manufactured without any evidence to support it, and without any crime having been committed.

Believe what you want to believe. That's what gullible people do.

Here's the news the networks you watch don't want you to see:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...bs-report.html

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 08-04-2017 at 01:12 PM..

Old 08-04-2017, 01:42 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
While I PERSONALLY think he is guilty as hell, and the dirtiest, slimiest person ever to inhabit "the dump", I think you are wrong.

A grand jury is established to determine IF there is fire, and if so, who is responsible. It is not determined to validate a suspicion.

That Trump is doing so much to try to undermine their work only adds to speculation of his guilt, but the fact that they are investigating is just that; an investigation to find out the facts.

I suspect that much will turn up on him:

Russian Collusion? Maybe.
Obstructing Justice? Likely
Murky finances? Almost certainly
Proving even more of his lies: You betchya.

Regarding the collusion, we'll likely never know because:
1. If it happened, someone else will take the fall for him, and
2. If he has any brains in that head (big if), he'll resign before they close in on him.

We shall see. If I were a betting man, I would bet he does not fare well, but that is still yet to be proven.
almost every single federal grand jury empanelled indicts that is just the stats. it has been posted by others and you can find it online with ease, but it appears that over 99% indict. That is not to say they follow through with a prosecution, but they indict.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:07 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
You've been trolled by Ted Lieu.

Rep. Ted Lieu's Trump trolling continues, this time from a town hall with a Kathy Griffin assist - LA Times

Old 08-04-2017, 02:25 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times
Trumplings keep saying things like

Grand Jury

Allow subpoenas
Hear witnesses
Sit for long periods

All half truths.

Whole truth:

They also can indict people for crimes.
Investigations are done largely before the Grand Jury stage.
They here many cases over a long term.
Each individual case may take only few hours to a few weeks as most.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:26 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Trumplings keep saying things like

Grand Jury

Allow subpoenas
Hear witnesses
Sit for long periods

All half truths.

Whole truth:

They also can indict people for crimes.
Investigations are done largely before the Grand Jury stage.
They here many cases over a long term.
Each individual case may take only few hours to a few weeks as most.
Grand Juries also return indictments at the federal level 99.99% of the time. Somebody in the Trump administration will be getting indicted.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:27 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"You don't impanel a grand jury if you only have smoke"

B.S. ALL the experts have stated that it is COMMON practice to impanel a grand jury.

He IS a career politician DEM from Ca. so what do you expect him to say.

He has NEVER held a non-gov't job.

"He also served as a law clerk to Judge Thomas Tang of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit"

THAT explains a LOT!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Lieu
From your link:

He graduated magna *** laude with a J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center in 1994, where he was editor-in-chief of the Georgetown Law Journal and received four American Jurisprudence awards.

Yeah, sounds like a real schlub.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:34 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
I wonder what sort of ham sandwich this grand jury will indict. Black Forest with Swiss on rye? Wonder bread with buddig single pak and American mustard? Or perhaps deli cut on sourdough with some sort of Dijon?

Democrats are getting hungry. Worked up an appetite doing the collusion delusion.
So Conservatives have evolved from "Nothingburger" to an Indictment Ham Sandwich?

Old 08-04-2017, 03:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
i liked this bit from the story in your link...

Quote:

“Michelle Obama had that beautiful line, ‘When they go low, we go high,’” said Lieu. “I thought about it a lot. But I also thought, ‘We lost the election.’ My view now is that when they go low, we fight back.”

Old 08-04-2017, 05:13 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Conspiracies don't impanel Grand Juries. You guys are in frightened denial that your pathetic god Trump is going down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9a1fd147a3ce

The low information, emotional thinkers don't need facts. They live in a different world. Facts mean so little to some, but that's the way it is. People see what they want to see. It's sad, but you have to respect it.

The grand jury is the end of the beginning. This could take another year. Those of us that think in less emotional fact based terms understand that even though the optics don't look good, every American is entitled to due process. However, my gut tells me that I'm going to need a big bowl of popcorn. This is going to be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.