Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:17 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
While I PERSONALLY think he is guilty as hell, and the dirtiest, slimiest person ever to inhabit "the dump", I think you are wrong.

A grand jury is established to determine IF there is fire, and if so, who is responsible. It is not determined to validate a suspicion.

That Trump is doing so much to try to undermine their work only adds to speculation of his guilt, but the fact that they are investigating is just that; an investigation to find out the facts.

I suspect that much will turn up on him:

Russian Collusion? Maybe.
Obstructing Justice? Likely
Murky finances? Almost certainly
Proving even more of his lies: You betchya.

Regarding the collusion, we'll likely never know because:
1. If it happened, someone else will take the fall for him, and
2. If he has any brains in that head (big if), he'll resign before they close in on him.

We shall see. If I were a betting man, I would bet he does not fare well, but that is still yet to be proven.
There isn't much in your post that I can disagree with. The only thing I might add is, as completely off the charts as this past 6 months have been, this Presidency is going to end in a very strange manner. I don't know if it will be impeachment, charges brought against him, or resignation, but it is not going to end in the usual way, the way Obama left office, and every other President, except Nixon.

Historians will be studying the Trump Presidency for decades, it is going to be one of the oddest periods in our entire history for sure.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:21 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
A anti-Trump thread started by a known CD liberal partisan, quoting a liberal (D) member of the House, and it is suppose to be taken than anything more that wishful thinking on the part of those who want to bring Trump down?
Why not quote the nut Maxine Waters, Wasserman Shultz, Pelosi, or some other liberal kook. It would have the same lack of credibility as this thread.
Oh no.. this is the start of the depth and breadth of corruption in Dear Leaders empire comes out.

Follow the money and lies baby, money and lies..

Keep slinging darts at liberals- the truth behind the GOP stink is a coming' , lol.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:01 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
How did Mitch McConnell make $24 million on a $174,000 a year salary? Has he really been in congress for 137 years...?

McConnell inherited millions from his mother and his mother in laws estates. Alison Lundergan Grimes ad says Mitch McConnell made millions in public office | PolitiFact
Google is your friend, or at least it could be.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:20 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Lol that's such a joke. Did you apply the same standard to Hillary who was attacked by endless investigations over absolutely nothing legitimate?

Donating to Democrats isn't a crime. Trump has done it most of his life. Mueller is a Republican appointed by a Republican President and the people on his team are the best lawyers in the country.
Wrong.

Not this go round.

He is currently a Republican appointed by a Republican Deputy Attorney General (Rod Rosenstein).

Old 08-05-2017, 02:46 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I don't like Debbie Wasserman, so feel free to get rid of her if she's guilty of something. Hillary was already cleared of any criminal wrongdoing, you guys are just desperate.

She's the most investigated politician in American history, and Republicans have never found anything legitimate.
Yes, that's all over with, yet it is all that is ever brought up.

What gets me, is if his fans are SO outraged with wrongdoing and dishonesty, HOW can they possibly support a guy who has nothing but that in his background, who always makes up everything or covers up, deceives, flat out lies, never admits fault, has stolen and cheated in relation to money all of his life, has no character whatsoever, and more. WHAT is it.. why do they pretend that honesty matters to them, when it obviously does not? If morals and ethics mean anything to them, as they act as if they do, how can they overlook this monster's dealings and behavior? And they never respond to this, of course.

One could begin making a list of HIS known wrongdoings which would take hours, days...(not counting what is not known)...but his followers harp upon another person and wrongly assessing, who, if had become president, would have been capable of handling things like an adult and be focused upon fair treatment and improvements for all. She and her VP would have been working toward actually making things greater.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:10 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't see any "chaos." Changes are made. They are necessary. Obama made changes in his first few months as well, and he had two different Secretary's of State, and two Attorney's General.

He also fired Van Jones early on, and how many others?

The Trump team is working well, and they are getting things done. Because the "news" networks you watch don't report accurately isn't Trumps fault. And the Trump team is dealing with resistance from Democrats that no other Republican President has faced. Obama never received this kind of resistance from Republicans.

The Markets are up. The economy is growing at a pace not seen in 8 years. Unemployment is down. Factory orders are up. We are energy independent, we are operating our coal mines again and will be exporting PA coal to the Ukraine. Our military readiness is improving after years of decline under Obama.

The phony "Russia so-called 'investigation'" has been manufactured without any evidence to support it, and without any crime having been committed.

Believe what you want to believe. That's what gullible people do.

Here's the news the networks you watch don't want you to see:
Trump touts economic gains on heels of big July jobs report | Fox News

If by "chaos" they mean Democrats copying off Trump's paper, then things have become chaotic.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:12 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Nothing came of it when Hillary had a Grand Jury investigation. Her crimes were public knowledge and far surpassed the perception of wrongdoing by Trump campaign staff. If anyone might have a problem it would be Manafort since when you do business in Ukraine and that part of the world, being a crook is standard business practice for the natives.

But on the off chance Manafort got convicted of anything, Trump would pardon him so it's a big waste of taxpayer time and money. But it sure gets you clicking on the opposition media hysterical stories doesn't it? $$$

Several lawyers and law professors have said Trump is unlikely to be involved.
Always comes back to Hillary or Obama.....always deflect and miscdirect. It's so predictable.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I think it's not election tampering that is going to bring him down. I think it's Russian money laundering.
Yes. I wonder if while he is vacationing, if he will be thinking about and preparing for what will be going down.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
butthurt liberals continue to fantasize about a humiliating impeachment. Keep chasing the dream. Can't wait to see all the hot tears when this man is elected for a 2nd term
We'll see who is "butt hurt" and still "chasing the dream" when your lying Trumpelstiltskin ends up being shown for who he is, way before then.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I've said all along that that is the reason for the tax return dodge. Both of his sons are on record saying they get all the money they need from Russia. Vlad likes his money returned with interest, terms to be flexible enough to cover whatever he dictates.

Trump couldn't get a loan from American banks so he went shopping in Europe. Deutschbank covered him with money supplied by Russia. It won't take Mueller's team very long to ferret out all of the details, and IIRC Deutschbank has agreed to cooperate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies