Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 11:05 AM

10,775 posts, read 4,353,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Conspiracies don't impanel Grand Juries. You guys are in frightened denial that your pathetic god Trump is going down.
Conspiracies impanel Grand Juries when President Trump is involved, because different rules apply to President Trump.
That's why Mueller was able to get away with hiring a bunch of Clinton donors.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:07 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Conspiracies impanel Grand Juries when President Trump is involved, because different rules apply to President Trump.
Lol that's such a joke. Did you apply the same standard to Hillary who was attacked by endless investigations over absolutely nothing legitimate?

Donating to Democrats isn't a crime. Trump has done it most of his life. Mueller is a Republican appointed by a Republican President and the people on his team are the best lawyers in the country.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:07 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Oh, for heaven sakes. Even though Trump behaves as if the rules don't apply to him, they do.

That Clinton donor BS has been refuted hundreds of times. You may want to do a little research so you don't sound so clueless.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:09 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Lol that's such a joke. Did you apply the same standard to Hillary who was attacked by endless investigations over absolutely nothing legitimate?

Donating to Democrats isn't a crime. Trump has done it most of his life. Mueller is a Republican appointed by a Republican President and the people on his team are the best lawyers in the country.
The people on his team have expertise and success in prosecuting fraud and corruption cases.

Which is why Trump & Team are carrying on about them being Democrats.

As if Democrats were the only ones with any education, patriotism, or smarts.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:12 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Another dumb Congress ass who doesn't know how this all works.
So, pray tell, how does it work?

It's a grand jury. Not uncommon for people to talk a step back from those who are being investigated by a grand jury.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:12 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
it'll work like this...

1. Grand Juries are formed to issue subpoenas
2. subpoenas are issued to compel witnesses and suspects to testify
3. witnesses and suspects with something to hide, show up and start their lying
4. these lies are easily found out, someone facing jail or with axes to grind will rat them out
5. documents and tapes are revealed
6. perjury and obstruction of justice trials result, convictions obtained
7. resignations and jail terms insue

...we're only on step 1, grab some popcorn
How about we try, you know, actually getting some work done instead?

Old 08-04-2017, 11:14 AM

6,239 posts, read 3,415,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Congressman Ted Lieu

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/893215550842654720

This is the beginning of the end. The rats are beginning to flee:

As Mueller Closes In, Republicans Turn Away From Trump
How can you or some moron liberal congressman from California know what the grand jury is investigating? As far as I can remember the investigation was related to the Russian hacking into our elections.

Maybe its Hillary's criminal behavior or even your own Maxine Waters criminal past, I mean how does someone on a Congressional salary, who never had a real job besides being a corrupt politician 30 years, own a $3.5 million house unless they are doing something illegal? How can Waters run in a district she doesn't even live in? Now that those are both worth a grand jury....

Old 08-04-2017, 11:14 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
Ted Lieu is a former prosecutor. I think he has some idea of how this all works.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
We shall see. I am not longer paying any attention to the Russia thing until it happens or if it happens.

DC is so unproductive these days.

I wish Trump would stop with these silly rallies.
Seems to me the more challenging the week and/ or poll numbers the more Trump needs a rally to validate the masses love him.

Sometimes Congress being unproductive is not necessarily a bad thing.

I have an open mind about Russia. I have no facts Trump/ campaign/ Admin/ family colluded/ did not collude with Russians. It may be a whole lot of coincidences. Or maybe not. I do not have access to the same information as the Investigation does.

Very often, investigations do not conclude with expected outcomes. There is a tendency for people to dismiss outcomes that do not jive with their perceptions.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:22 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'm happy to see a lot of members of Congress go.

If Don Jr gets convicted for obstruction of justice, how do you feel about Hillary and Debbie Washerwoman getting equal treatment under the law for obstruction of justice?
I'd feel fine about it - if a jury, after reviewing the evidence, found them guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies