Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 10:39 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,341,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
DWorkin on Twitter: "To obtain such a warrant for Manafort's house, FBI would need to show probable cause that a crime was committed. "

This is HUGE. If criminal evidence was found, it most likely implicates Trump himself. If your campaign chairman is guilty of wrongdoing, chances are he was doing it for the campaign, and Trump had to have known.
Manafort will flip on Trump quicker than a pancake at IHOP. The Feds usually target the weak link in the conspiracy chain first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 10:40 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,815,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Okay, I lost interest and track of the whole Russian/collusion conspiracy long ago -- what are they accusing Manafort of exactly? They think he colluded with Russia to do WHAT??
After all this time, is there any evidence of Manafort colluding?

I think it may be that Mueller is following the money trail as well as perusing how Russia interfered with our election. It's not just about Russia but all other crimes connected to the investigation, like money laundering. The funny thing about investigations is that they take many twists and turns depending on what turns up that needs to be looked at. Pull one thread and the whole fabric starts to unravel, especially when multiple threads are pulled at once.

(Hmmm. I wonder if you think Donald Jr.'s "I love it emails about Russia wanting to dump dirt about Hillary during a certain time line is conspiracy or a bigly red flag?)

Old 08-09-2017, 10:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Sometimes I wonder if people are on the same planet as I am.

Stalin would be so proud, that Communism has infiltrated the USA's government to the extent it has.
Show me the man and I will find you the crime.

Do we live under the Constitution of Freedom & Liberty, or is this the new Kremlin?

16,647 posts, read 8,660,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
So I guess all of the seized documents that will take time to go over and may produce another avenue to walk down in the investigation are what? Insignificant? Hmmm. How interesting that you view this as a big nothing burger without any analysis of the documents. Okay. Having a low information stance does make things simpler and easier to believe what one wants to believe without facts to prove or disprove I guess. I think I'll wait to pass judgement until after the investigations conclude and Flynn cooperates. Does anyone else see immunity in his future? He says he has a story to tell, and I believe him. Big nothing burger? I doubt it.
Hopefully they will conduct the investigation with the exact same procedure, accommodations, appeasement, and kid gloves they did with Hillary & Co.

12,566 posts, read 10,633,750 times
Infowars is not a credible source, PERIOD! It means nothing that Roger Stone was interviewed on it. All does is discredit Stone.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:44 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,633,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Stalin would be so proud, that Communism has infiltrated the USA to the extent it has.
Show me the man and I will find you the crime.

Do we live under the Constitution of Freedom & Liberty, or is this the new Kremlin?
Can you explain how? Is this what Infowars told you?

Old 08-09-2017, 10:47 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,816,569 times
At least it is called an investigation and not a "matter."

Old 08-09-2017, 10:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
How (or why) did this stay under wraps for 2 weeks?

Something doesn't smell right, does it??

With all the leaks, this would have been big news, regardless what Trump had tweeted that day.
Just as big as it is today.

An FBI raid, is not something that can be easily hidden.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,812,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
How does the FBI know at which home the papers are kept?

Paying cash for 4 NYC apartments and later taking out mortgages would make me think money laundering.
Are there papers/ files in any of his residences?

Well heeled people pay cash and later finance, all the time and often do so to free up cash for their next purchase or investment or pay off private debt. It's not necessarily money laundering.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:50 AM

24,030 posts, read 15,133,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Not necessarily. I have done MANY house closings here in NY and Hundreds of very expensive properties (a few for major sports players) and many times they buy with cash to save time and mortgage after, as they want the interest write off.
Also, many who buy as investment do the same. Buy in cash because they have it and mortgage later for interest write offs and to free up cash for more purchases.
From what I have read, Manafort's income did not put him in that league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies