Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 08:29 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times

Advertisements

The statue/sculpture of Robert Lee is listed on National Register of Historical Places. It should be treated as a part of History only. One cannot eradicate History by removing any statue. If you remove one, there will be call to remove hundreds of stuff from National Register of Historical Places.
I am a leftist myself but one should preserve History, not change or eradicate things from the past.
Let it be there and learn from History that such things do not happen in future instead of worshipping or removing the sculptures.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:31 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Did Obama denounce the rise of Black Lives Matter????
Did Trump denounce the rise of the white supremacists? Has he fired Bannon, Miller and Gorka?

Old 08-13-2017, 08:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If the white snowflakes hadn't decided to surround a church full of parishioners and clergy and terrify a bunch of innocent people this wouldn't have happened.

Had they not brought weapons and shields maybe they wouldn't have looked like they were itching for a fight this wouldn't have happened.

Quit defending them, this is about a bunch of losers who are on the hunt for someone to blame for their miserable, despicable failed lives.

Antifa are not supported by liberals for progressives so your argument about the old fallback punching bag George Soros is an epic fail. When you act, you should expect a reaction, and that's exactly what those animals got. You can't blame BLM or Obama, or Hillary for the death of an innocent person, or for the death of two Police Officers. Had these losers stayed home and played their x-box and posted on stormfront instead of trying to terrorize people this never would have happened.
And following your rant had the counter violence starters just stayed home we'd not be talking about this today.
It takes TWO to fight. One had a lawful permit to be there no matter how disgusting they were.

How's about the other side?
Should people who disagree with a lawful,permitted protest march by BLM then go to those marches armed with chemicals,sticks with nails in them and start beating on BLM marchers?
No? Why not, it's the same argument you and others are making...

Old 08-13-2017, 08:32 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If the white snowflakes hadn't decided to surround a church full of parishioners and clergy and terrify a bunch of innocent people this wouldn't have happened.

Had they not brought weapons and shields maybe they wouldn't have looked like they were itching for a fight this wouldn't have happened.

Quit defending them, this is about a bunch of losers who are on the hunt for someone to blame for their miserable, despicable failed lives.

Antifa are not supported by liberals for progressives so your argument about the old fallback punching bag George Soros is an epic fail. When you act, you should expect a reaction, and that's exactly what those animals got. You can't blame BLM or Obama, or Hillary for the death of an innocent person, or for the death of two Police Officers. Had these losers stayed home and played their x-box and posted on stormfront instead of trying to terrorize people this never would have happened.
No, this is why you people get laughed at because you cannot even reason things out correctly. What you just wrote was a bunch of garbled nonsense.

These Alt Right nutters could've dressed up in full military gear and anything that was legally permissible. They had the the permits, they had the right and protection of the city to peacefully assemble.

The cops broke up the unlawful assembly around the church so the rule of law prevailed in that instance.

In the counter protest were a bunch of emotionally unstable Anti-FA and BLM supporters who couldn't control their outrage at the sight of Nazi flags and racist chants and decided to act out their aggression.

What you're saying is that the counter protest violence against these Nazis was justified simply for the fact that they were brandishing their flags and chanting their little slogans. What you are saying is that they deserved everything they got, not for actually committing any violence, but simply existing.

Had the violence from some of the counter protesters not escalated from people who were probably itching for a fight, none of this would've made the evening news. It would've been a rally for Nazis and that's it.

Had ANTI FA and BLM stayed home and let the cops do their job to control the situation, a lunatic Alt Righter would not have done what he did.

The violence was committed by BOTH sides. Get all emotional if you want but those are the FACTS.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:32 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I'm confused, what's the spin? A bunch of nazis had a rally, it was legal and they had a right. Some came prepared to deal with AntiFA and BLM, who showed up and started to get violent. It all culminated with an emotionally unstable nut plowing into the crowd.

It seems to me it was a clash of two extremist identitarian political groups that ended in unnecessary violence. These identitarian political movements attract the most mentally unstable people in the country.

The first punch was thrown by AntiFA and BLM. They think it's their first amendememt right to punch a Nazi. Then the Alt right loons think they're fighting back against white genocide.

I mean we are talking Friekorps vs Spartacus League. This is pre-WWII Germany type of fights.
Denial - you are in it.

Anyone watching the tapes of the protest can see that it was heated. However one side is for racism, hate, inequality and the other side - well not to belabor the obvious, but they are AGAINST Raciscm, Hatred, inequality. The Alt-Righters were chantting Nazi slogans and spewing insults. You can watch numerous members leave the march to engage in fights - not defensive fights. They came to cause trouble and they got it. Now they are poor protesters being denied their rights ?

Same message to you and to President Trump - call a spade a spade - Alex Fields is with Vanguard America - a hate group. He mowed down innocent people not involved with any confrontation marching blocks away.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:33 AM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I saw a tape that a car was being attacked yesterday, with people hurling things at the car. If the guy got scared for his life he could have floored it in fear of his life. I can't remember what the car looked like that was being attacked.

Why I think this. ...
I came across a riot scene in my hometown. I drove right down to the beach . Here I am taking a cruise in my convertible on a beautiful day ,just me. Well I turned the corner onto Ocean Ave and there it was . People throwing things and over turning cars. I was shocked. I drove down the next side street and came upon men in riot gear. They yelled get out of here. I floored it to get out of that danger zone. It was crazy! My own home town a quiet Beach town turned into a battle zone.
This shows me you have not actually seen the whole video....

The guy came SPEEDING down the CLOSED street and PLOWED into a group of people at the end of the street.

He was not being threatened by any crowd. Get the F out of here with your insanity and lies.

Yesterday you morons were on here posting that it was a "anti-Trump druggie, BLM nutjob" who drove into the crowd. Facts have proven you wrong in that instance and they prove you wrong in this one.

The Alt-Right organized a major protest-turned riot in Charlottesville VA....it was self-titled "Unite The Right)

As is the case in every protest that has ever happened....people who opposed the message that the WN were supporting showed up in a counter-protests.

One of the white nationalists then committed murder. He drove a car very intentionally into a group of people he disagreed with and who had done nothing to him personally and he injured several and ended the life of one.

Those are the facts. You cannot escape them. You cannot hold counter-protesters more responsible or even equally responsible for the crapfest that occurred at UVA yesterday. Just because our spineless POTUS did so does not make it right. Fortunately even many of those from his party have already called him and those of you who think like him out on it. There is hope for us after all.

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Looks like the folks of pol/4chan founded more about the driver of that Challenger.
http://archive.is/QMMyV

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
The statue/sculpture of Robert Lee is listed on National Register of Historical Places. It should be treated as a part of History only. One cannot eradicate History by removing any statue. If you remove one, there will be call to remove hundreds of stuff from National Register of Historical Places.
I am a leftist myself but one should preserve History, not change or eradicate things from the past.
Let it be there and learn from History that such things do not happen in future instead of worshipping or removing the sculptures.
Can't do that anymore, too many people looking for a reason to be offended and blame others for their lives...

Old 08-13-2017, 08:34 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Trump denounced both sides - as both sides committed violence. We have the usual suspects - the antifa and Black Lives Matter group who come with covered faces and cans of insect and pepper spray - and worse. They were looking for a fight; otherwise they would have stayed home.

Sick to death of Trump being blamed for every negative comment and action by someone who isn't leftist. Now he is stating - like he has many times - we all need to pull together as we are all Americans. And what is the response? Resist, resist, resist. Who really is at fault here?
Yes, I will resist racists and white supremacists and so will most other Americans. I will not "pull together" with a bunch of thugs who think that they are special snowflakes because they are white.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:35 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Gov. Terry McAuliffe tells white supremacists that there's no place for them in Virginia and no place for them in America.

Quote:
You came here today to hurt people, and you did hurt people," the governor said. "But my message is clear. We are stronger than you. You have made our commonwealth stronger. You will not succeed."

"There is no place for you here, there is no place for you in America," he continued.
Virginia Gov. McAuliffe to white nationalists: 'No place for you in America' - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies