Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 08:58 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It stands for racism and slavery. All that other nonsense is your way of excusing its true meaning. It's a dog whistle for fellow racists.
Also stands for treason.

Don't forget it was the battle flag of traitors.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:58 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Absolutely <bold> but if y'all didn't take the bait it wouldn't have happened. Didn't you learn anything in school? "He called me a name so I hit him. Well, you're suspended for hitting him,they were just words"

Yep, I don't like what you say so I'm going to beat you senseless to shut you up. Does that work for you? Is that what kind of society you want to live in?

Again, had the BLM/A.F. people just stayed home......
The right always calls liberals snowflakes, now they're are outraged by counter-protestors fighting back? These people need to get their story straight.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:59 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
If you ignore them then they have no power and are marginalized just like the "New Black Panthers". Resist in writing or in how you live your daily life or what you teach your kids...
Tell that to the people of Germany who ignored the brown shirts in the 30's

Old 08-13-2017, 08:59 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Could not have said it better, ATG5!

I am puzzled why they were allowed to carry torches in the first place. The potential risk for damage, both accidental and/or intentional, seems fairly high when at least 2,000 people are carrying them.
The torches were ceremonial, like a modern day Nazi rally. Have you ever watched Triumph of the Will? How could you not get the reference?

The city allowed it and it was permissible. These protesters could've came decked out in full military gear and anything that was legally permissible to carry. It does not matter. They could've stayed out day and night shouting racist chants and flying their Nazi flags. It wouldn't matter. It was legal. We have free speech in this country.

Why couldn't the far left just let the cops control the situation? Why did they feel the need to give in to the protesters? Are they that weak and emotionally unbalanced?

The Alt Right aren't angels either. I blame them too because they came ready for fight knowing full well that AntiFa would show up. I mean they're not stupid, if you go out and admit you're a Nazi in public, you better expect trouble. But that is besides the point because trouble doesn't negate their legally permissible assembly.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I will admit, I would have preferred they use humor.

Remember that clip of the counter-protesters from several months ago that walked alongside the KKK & Cohorts group and played the tuba and poked a bit of humor?

The KKK group got to strut their stuff.

Everyone had a fine laugh.

It was all good.
GREAT POINT!

And THAT is the most that should have happened at this one. Had the "counter protesters" that showed up just done what you describe or stayed home this thread wouldn't even exist, people would still be alive and unhurt.

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Enough with the emotional dramatics. Is anyone using calm logic and reasoning here?
Calm logic dictates that Trump has not denounced David Duke who was present at the rally and credited Trump.

"We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.” ~David Duke
"Why we voted for Donald Trump": David Duke explains the white supremacist Charlottesville protests

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
If I am getting this correct, a permit was issued for the park. City rescinded the permit because of violence between the 2 groups and forces people into the streets to continue their fighting.
Horribly handled from the start. You need the keep the groups separated from the start to prevent violence. Basic crowd control 101.
So mob mentality starts on both sides and then you get testosterone flowing and an incredibly horrific end to it due to the maniac in the car.

What a tragic day that groups can't contain themselves and people get hurt and die from this.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
The right always calls liberals snowflakes, now they're are outraged by counter-protestors fighting back? These people need to get their story straight.
So, you have no other argument than "they call people names"?

Old 08-13-2017, 09:02 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I will admit, I would have preferred they use humor.

Remember that clip of the counter-protesters from several months ago that walked alongside the KKK & Cohorts group and played the tuba and poked a bit of humor?

The KKK group got to strut their stuff.

Everyone had a fine laugh.

It was all good.
Bingo!

Old 08-13-2017, 09:03 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,052,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And you folks love it, don't you. After all these years, you lefties finally got your Jared Lee Loughner/James Hodgkinson. How much you want to bet the MSM won't drop Fields from view as quickly as they did Hodgkinson?
It all depends if the folks of /pol/4chan will find or not more hidden skeletons about that guy. The MSN had also dropped Moldylocks and Eric Clanton so fast once /pol/4chan showed the hobbies of Moldylocks and Eric Clanton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies