Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 09:55 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL. Who is emotional in this stand-off?

Could it be the nazi-loving Trump supporters that drove his vehicle into a crowd of people killing one?

THAT person? Yeah, he probably needs to get his emotions in check.
The emotions were flying all over the place. Why do you act as though this one guy means only the Alt Right were emotional in this? BLM has been killing cops and Anti-FA has been assaulting people with bike locks. These are two HIGHLY emotionally unstable groups itching to kill each other.

They attract the worst elements of our society.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:56 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
And who inspired BLM to March and call for dead cops which they got. Ever denounce that hate group?
Yes. Now can we attend to the matter at hand?

Old 08-13-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes. Now can we attend to the matter at hand?
The matter at hand is that two unstable extremist groups duked it out until someone innocent was killed.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:59 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
How is Trump a closet Nazi? He has a Jewish son in law, his daughter is Jewish. He has a multiracial cabinet which includes blacks, Jews, whites, etc. Are these just token people to disguise his real racist roots underneath the surface?
... and his cabinet includes people like Bannon and Gorka. Trump's father was KKK and was arrested in New York during a violent anti-Italian immigrant anti-Catholic rally. Trump is consistently slow or reluctant to criticize the white nationalist movements, including back in Feb 2016 when he sparked controversy for not disavowing David Duke. Trump's white supremacy sympathies dovetails into his admiration of Vladimir Putin, who is also an anti-gay, pro-white nationalist/traditionalist.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:02 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
The emotions were flying all over the place. Why do you act as though this one guy means only the Alt Right were emotional in this? BLM has been killing cops and Anti-FA has been assaulting people with bike locks. These are two HIGHLY emotionally unstable groups itching to kill each other.

They attract the worst elements of our society.
There is no use arguing with the biased partisan people who will never see it both ways. Those of us who see blame and craziness on both sides are rare. This is P&OC. Some people here are as crazy as the protestors themselves (not naming names or insinuating anyone in particular).

I've made my points here and you have too. You've done a good job IMO. But just like the protestors won't change each other's minds, you and I won't change anyone's here.

It's a beautiful Sunday, at least where I live.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:02 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
... and his cabinet includes people like Bannon and Gorka. Trump's father was KKK and was arrested in New York during a violent anti-Italian immigrant anti-Catholic rally. Trump is consistently slow or reluctant to criticize the white nationalist movements, including back in Feb 2016 when he sparked controversy for not disavowing David Duke. Trump's white supremacy sympathies dovetails into his admiration of Vladimir Putin, who is also an anti-gay, pro-white nationalist/traditionalist.
Trump has the least diverse cabinet since Reagan.

Trump's company was sued multiple times for racial discrimination in housing.

Trump refuses to denounce Nazis. Who could imagine that in 2017 we would have a potus who would refuse to speak out against Nazis?

Old 08-13-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Bannon is not a white nationalist. Stop with this insane banter. He is an economic nationalist and at best you could say a cultural chauvinist. He thinks anyone of any race can be a part of America but he believes in culture and country first. That's about as bad as it gets. This idea that he's racist is a left wing fever dream in search of enemies.

The left mocked the right for always saying Obama was a closet Muslim and secretly sympathized with the Islamic radicals because he never called them Islamic terrorists.

It's the same rhetoric.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:04 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post

There are people who will never be happy, no matter what he says or does. These are the blinded, overly partisan idiots I don't want to associate with.
Those that disapprove of President Trump are at 65% now. Those idiots! Thanks for setting the example after accusing another poster of being emotional.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:05 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Those that disapprove of President Trump are at 65% now. Those idiots! Thanks for setting the example after accusing another poster of being emotional.
There's disapproval, then there's the pure irrational hatred you see on the internet. Been on twitter lately? People are nuts. They're also a minority though. But a strong one.

I am not being emotional. I am rational and easily seeing both sides here. I also refuse to engage with people who are so strongly one sided and refuse to see the other. That's not emotional.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
There is no use arguing with the biased partisan people who will never see it both ways. Those of us who see blame and craziness on both sides are rare. This is P&OC. Some people here are as crazy as the protestors themselves (not naming names or insinuating anyone in particular).

I've made my points here and you have too. You've done a good job IMO. But just like the protestors won't change each other's minds, you and I won't change anyone's here.

It's a beautiful Sunday, at least where I live.
You're right. But these people accuse us of being Alt-Right sympathizers for saying BOTH sides are wrong. It makes me think they're the ones sympathetic to BLM and Anti-FA, and believe in the whole "punch a Nazi" assault narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies