Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 08:32 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times

Advertisements

The message here is simple: BLM and black supremacy is okay, regardless of the level of violence perpetrated. Alleged white supremacy: absolutely never, ever, and any and all attempts will be shut down by law enforcement, and the black supremacists are entitled to instigate violence, and will be held blameless.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:32 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
3 people dead now, crazy.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:33 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
I thought I had seen everything on this board, but people defending this murderer because the counter-protestors shouldn't have been there in the first place without a permit is pretty shocking even for this place. I'm disgusted.

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
How can people have the right to say whatever they want but you say there is a branch that cannot be crossed. IF that branch means causing a disturbance or riot or anything that violates the LAW, then yes that is crossing the line, but these people can say that they want. That is free speech. That is was free speech means. It is absolute in this country unless it violates the rights of other people.

What you are saying is that you want to outlaw certain speech. That's it.
Do you not agree that hate speech that incites people to violence is a bad thing?

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So none of the Nazis were violent - true? They all just marched peacefully and it's the big bad counter-protestors who are to blame. A lot of church elders were there for the counter-protest - want to lay this at their feet?

Is that the same thing you say when anti-trump people protest - we have a permit and organized the event, so there's no way we would do anything violent?

I'm sure the family of the woman killed by the Nazi will take great comfort by your little "freedom of speech" talk.
You're incapable of having a rational argument about this. They had their permit and right to rally. That's it. Anything taken further than that is out of the lines of decency and the law. I am sure many of them got violent ONCE antiFa and BLM showed up and started agitating.

Both are repulsive extremist groups.

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Quite a bit of anger coming out of you there. By your "fricken" rights. do you mean those of white supremacists?

I agree with freedom of speech. I hate these people's words, but they have the right to peacefully gather. But are you seriously going to tell me that all the violence today was from the counter-protestors? That the peaceful Nazis had no part in it? Please.

The topic is Charlotesville protest. Several posters have commented on the car plowing into the crowd. When the driver was believed to be a Democrat, plenty on here were crying false flag. Since we know it was actually a trump-supporting Republican, no one has anything to say about that. So don't call me out about my comments. Any harsh words for the murderer?
Why aren't you angry? Why aren't you? You think it's acceptable that a city can violate your 1st Amendment Rights? You think that's okay? If you want to set up a rally, you get it all organized and go there the day of, legally allowed to do so, you followed the law, you got your permit, you had every right to exercise the 1st Amendment and then the city said....naww, we're going to violate your Constitutional Rights today....you wouldn't be angry?

Seriously?

Again, it. doesn't. matter. if. you. don't. like. what. they. have. to. say. They have the same rights as you do. They have the same 1st Amendment rights as you do. They have Freedom of Speech JUST LIKE YOU.

I am not talking about what several other posters have discussed. You quoted MY post that was talking about 1st Amendment rights being violated and proceeded to talk about anything BUT that very topic that you quoted.

Again, can you stay on topic to the post that you quoted, or are you incapable of having a rational discussion about anyone's 1st Amendment Rights being violated today no matter wtf you think about what they say?

That sets a dangerous precedent, and anyone who supports that is, to me, an enemy of the state.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:34 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Anyone an assemble as long as they put their big boy pants on and leave their silly citronella torches at home and act like adults.
And don't drive their car into crowds.

3,672 posts, read 2,752,106 times
Lots of ignorance and hate on this thread.

Sad...

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
So none of the Nazis were violent - true? They all just marched peacefully and it's the big bad counter-protestors who are to blame. A lot of church elders were there for the counter-protest - want to lay this at their feet?

Is that the same thing you say when anti-trump people protest - we have a permit and organized the event, so there's no way we would do anything violent?

I'm sure the family of the woman killed by the Nazi will take great comfort by your little "freedom of speech" talk.
You know that how exactly? <bold> Please show where his affiliation was correctly reported.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Really? Got anything to support your claims or is it facts pulled from air?
https://theintercept.com/2017/05/31/...ger-to-us-all/
Who is More of a Threat: Far-Right or Muslim Extremists?
Majority of terrorists who have attacked America are not Muslim, new study finds | The Independent
Analysis: Deadly threat from far-right extremists is overshadowed by fear of Islamic terrorism | PBS NewsHour

I am way more worried about those protestors that your run of the mill muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies