Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 08:19 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,794,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No. Blacks are more likely to be selling drugs to strangers in public places. Blacks are more likely to commit other crimes, and being arrested for those crimes may result in drug possession charges if they are in possession at the time. Blacks are more likely to have priors. Blacks are more likely to choose jail time over rehab or other options.

Like that never happens to white people. Once I was pulled over by a black cop for no legal reason (and I had to get out of the car, too), and it happened amazingly enough in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Fact, from 2010 -2015, 15 out of 100 black drivers were pulled over for a traffic violation, 10 out of a hundred for whites.

Fact, 6 out of 100 black drivers were searched, vs 2 out of 100 for whites.

Fact, now that a drug epidemic has hit whites at a much higher clip than blacks, its being called a national emergency and 45 billion dollars needs to be set aside to help whites.

Fact, my sister died of a drug overdose in March, fact, had her dealer been black he would have been twice as likely to be pulled over, searched and sent to jail, vs his white counterpart. Heck had she lived in Chicago in 2016, black drivers were searched 4 times more than whites drivers, and since blacks nationally go to jail for longer time than their white counterparts for drug crimes, she might still be alive.... Probably not but anythings possible.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:20 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are you incapable of staying on topic? The conversation that goes with what you quoted was about 1st Amendment Rights and Freedom of Speech. Do NOT quote me about Freedom of Speech and spew some BS that has NOTHING to do with WTF I'm bothered by in this event today.

We aren't talking about the car. We aren't talking about your definition of terrorism. We aren't talking about Muslims.

We are talking about 1st Amendment Rights and FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Do you get that? Can you talk about that? Do you have anything to add to that specific topic that was the subject of the post that you quoted?

The issue is, whether or not you like Unite the Right rally, whether or not you think they are "nazis", whether or not you think every last person on the right is a nazi, as some dumbasses on here think, is that First Amendment Rights were violated today.

That group, whether you like them or not, had the right to assemble there. They had their permit. At 8pm last night a final ruling was passed and they were allowed to continue their assembly there.

As they tried to get started, the cops would not let them get started, and then a Captain came out and told them that it was an "unlawful" assembly despite the fact that they had their permit to assemble there.

That is the point of the conversation that you quoted. You can discuss that, or you can go talk to a wall about your definition of terrorism and cars, because MY biggest issue with today is violation of our fricken RIGHTS!
They don't care. They're not truly supporters of the 1st amendment cus they don't even understand it. They think that hateful speech should be outlawed and banned just as in Canada and Europe. They don't get that offensive speech is protected under the law. The only time it is not is when it fringes upon the rights of others, if it can be seen as breaking the law.

The left has utterly ruined civics in this country.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:21 PM

1,235 posts, read 732,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Is the Left the people who want to keep the statue, or the ones who want to erase that part of history?

You can't "erase history." You can gloss over it, alter it, but you can't erase it (as if it never happened). Methinks you know that though.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:22 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
This is why I abhor the left vs right crap. The liberal vs. conservative spiel too. This is about economics. The scapegoat is race. I don't see why any rational thinking person can't see it. 🤑
The real truth is it's about economics, culture, free speech and free association, and yes race and the compatibility thereof under one jurisdiction .

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Are you a member or leader of the alt-right? Why do people on the left think they can continuously speak for and label them? Maybe many of them are just sick of mass immigration and diversity being forced upon them. Maybe they are sick of all monuments to the confederacy being demonized and erased. Maybe they are sick of PC non-free speech, and leftist crashing their speeches, rallies and protests? And maybe they are sick of being lied to that we are all the same except for "skin color".

Today made it clear that there is no real free speech afforded for the alt-right. Who's next? The rest of the right?
No I am not alt right. But I can speak for what I know about them. They are a radical wing of the conservative party. That's a fact. Are the alt right such "snowflakes" that they can't stand the idea of people who are different from them having the same rights as they do? Diversity forced upon them? It's a shame that this country isn't filled with only the old white men who came over here and murdered the Native Americans. It's a real shame that women can vote, that slavery has been abolished, that gay people can marry. I'm so sorry for this inconvenience. And you might want to read about what some of the confederate monuments stood for. SMDH.

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Although I never thought I would say this, I'm not sure I even want to live in the U.S. any longer, but I'm also not sure there's anywhere in the world that hasn't been infected by the same poisonous miasma of fear and bigotry. This country has turned into a circus, with a ringmaster who's so spineless that he can't even bring himself to call out the lunatic who ruthlessly mowed down twenty people this morning and, furthermore, wishes those traumatized by the vicious act "best regards." Are you kidding me? Meanwhile, we're playing chicken with a violent and reactive nation threatening to launch nuclear warheads at a U.S. territory. What the hell has happened to this country?

Old 08-12-2017, 08:23 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Great post. And the rich white men behind the alt-right media are trying to KEEP them down by brainwashing them into thinking that education is a bad thing. And many of them believe it -as you see them posting here with anti-college rhetoric. And the conservative politicians have busted the unions, which got rid of the high paying blue collar jobs with pensions and nice paychecks, yet the same conservative politicians get voted into office even though they don't look out for the best interests of the middle class workers. Else the unions wouldn't have been busted.
Get real. Not everyone finds a good job when they come out of college. Many do better getting skilled in other areas and make more money than their college counter parts. I know a few . White collar is not always lucrative.

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No- you can assemble. Drop the Nazi flags, confederate flags and all is good. Ya know- hate speech comes at a price...
No, that's not the law, boss. Confederate flags, Nazi regalia and "hate speech" are not illegal in the United States of America.

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are you incapable of staying on topic? The conversation that goes with what you quoted was about 1st Amendment Rights and Freedom of Speech. Do NOT quote me about Freedom of Speech and spew some BS that has NOTHING to do with WTF I'm bothered by in this event today.

We aren't talking about the car. We aren't talking about your definition of terrorism. We aren't talking about Muslims.

We are talking about 1st Amendment Rights and FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Do you get that? Can you talk about that? Do you have anything to add to that specific topic that was the subject of the post that you quoted?

The issue is, whether or not you like Unite the Right rally, whether or not you think they are "nazis", whether or not you think every last person on the right is a nazi, as some dumbasses on here think, is that First Amendment Rights were violated today.

That group, whether you like them or not, had the right to assemble there. They had their permit. At 8pm last night a final ruling was passed and they were allowed to continue their assembly there.

As they tried to get started, the cops would not let them get started, and then a Captain came out and told them that it was an "unlawful" assembly despite the fact that they had their permit to assemble there.

That is the point of the conversation that you quoted. You can discuss that, or you can go talk to a wall about your definition of terrorism and cars, because MY biggest issue with today is violation of our fricken RIGHTS!
Quite a bit of anger coming out of you there. By your "fricken" rights. do you mean those of white supremacists?

I agree with freedom of speech. I hate these people's words, but they have the right to peacefully gather. But are you seriously going to tell me that all the violence today was from the counter-protestors? That the peaceful Nazis had no part in it? Please.

The topic is Charlotesville protest. Several posters have commented on the car plowing into the crowd. When the driver was believed to be a Democrat, plenty on here were crying false flag. Since we know it was actually a trump-supporting Republican, no one has anything to say about that. So don't call me out about my comments. Any harsh words for the murderer?

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Culture war? If so, then you are saying one "side" is Nazi and the other believes in liberalism:

"Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. Liberal philosophy generally emphasizes liberty, individualism, and support for limited constitutional government."

The fact that you even consider this as being the case is very troubling. Only the Confederates believed in enslaving people and total control over human beings like the Nazis. The Liberal Creed is the actual main ideal of our way of life.

But now we have a Nazi in the White House (Bannon....Trump isn't smart enough to be anything other than a con man)....
Better get to the hospital. A fever of 105 can be fatal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies