Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 03:36 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
https://twitter.com/jameshohmann/sta...62246133161984

I agree with James above. Trump is really ****ing an opportunity to heal the nation after the murder of a young woman and the injuries to others after being run over by a white nationalist. His response to Charlottesville has been abysmal.
If this Trump supporter ^ can see this, why can't the rest of y'all?

Those of you who are going to such lengths to defend this terrorist really should be ashamed do yourselves.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:37 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
they had a permit

if they were not hurting anyone then we drive past them.

if Antifa hadn;t showed up they wouldn't have gotten any attention, wouldn't that have been better?
They showed up armed and spewed Nazism. The U.S. fought a war to end Nazism and they're actively trying to bring it back. Ignoring them is not better--that's what allowed Hitler to flourish.

Never again.

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
no, this stuff has been said about Republicans forever

nobody is buying it anymore.

this same stuff was said in 2016
Well, at least not the alt-right element of the current GOP.

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Watch this and explain how they are innocent. This was really well done by HBO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIrcB1sAN8I

Old 08-15-2017, 03:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Trump is really ****ing an opportunity to heal the nation. His response to Charlottesville has been abysmal.
Bull, just about everyone else's response, liberals, media, some Republicans to Charlottesville has been abysmal.

The alt-left has been violent attacking everyone on the right and crashing free speech . Democrat local authorities have not been protecting anyone on the right's free speech from the alt-left.

But all we hear from everyone besides Trump is all of the alt-right shouldn't be afforded free speech and nazi Nazi Nazi, supremacy supremacy BS narative.

1,646 posts, read 3,026,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So if Nazis and the KKK and White Supremacists show up in your town, are you just going to let them spew their garbage and go about your business? Pat them on the head and consider it all done?

I'm not.

An ongoing theme at the Holocaust Museum is "Never again." And "never again" starts with each one of us. If the Germans had poured out of their homes and protested loudly against Hitler, and stood up for the Jews, and refused to stand by, fearfully, while he built his killing machine, maybe the Holocaust would never have happened.

If those disgusting Nazi pigs want a fight, they're gonna get it everywhere they go. Yes--they have a First Amendment right to have their say. But so does every person opposed to them. If they're gonna show up armed to spew hate, they're going to get it back in spades.

I'm a Jew, and if the Nazi's or KKK come to my town for a protest, yes, I'll just stay home. They are a very miniscule and irrelevant part of the country. Showing up to counter them gives them a nationwide stage and free press. Not to mention, nothing good would happen.

BLM and Antifa should learn this. But they both WANT a fight.

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Nobody there was protesting for "equality." LOL

And if you really want to get down to it those "hate groups" are the less violent of the organizations involved. As vile and pathetic as they are, one can generally have a philosophical debate with these types even when they're in numbers. I could literally walk right up to these groups and argue with them all day providing I kept my composure. Try doing that with groups like BLM or Antifa and you'll more than often be met with violence. This is particularly true when these types have numbers.

Both sides are parasites. The nationalist represent something that's worse, but that's about it. If I had to live next to either types, I would take the nationalists. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me/thread
???

Did you really mean to say nationalists? You meant neo nazis and that was a typo, I'm assuming.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:39 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
How is it both sides? Should no one have responded to the white supremacists? Should they have made then snacks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIrcB1sAN8I

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
They showed up armed and spewed Nazism. The U.S. fought a war to end Nazism and they're actively trying to bring it back. Ignoring them is not better--that's what allowed Hitler to flourish.

Never again.
we've ignored the for decades

do you think this was the first time they protested since teh 1940s?

we ignored them. and they didn't flourish at all.

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
At least Trump has one ardent supporter:

Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke swiftly praised the president for his remarks. In a tweet, Mr. Duke said: “Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists…”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-s...nce-1502830785
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies