Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2017, 01:12 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Yep.

Nonsense being peddled here isn't going to make a bit of difference in the trial.
There are a buncha dunning-krugered up wanna be Perry Masons in here lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You all can smirk however much you want. The driver on 4th Street was attacked from behind before he accelerated forward.
False, no brake lights at the time of the flag swing indicates he was already in the process of accelerating.

*Smirk* Next.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:26 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,933,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Watched it a couple more times, very clear from the video that:

A) There was no attempted stop or slowdown, the flag was swung at the car while it was in full motion, not stopped, not slowing down

B) People in front of the car were already fleeing by the time the flag swing occurs, makes it reasonable to expect that by that point the flag swinger and the portion of the crowd that could see the car understood the intent to harm

C) Not entirely clear if the dinky flag even makes contact with the car, given the cars forward momentum

D) The smudge on the back of the car formerly claimed to be evidence of the flag making contact with the car was actually already there, from the stills you can see the flag, if it made contact, was not in the same area as the smudge but was further to the left on the bumper. So if the flag swinger DID make contact with a car, it was not solid enough contact to leave any kind of mark.

E) Perhaps the most destructive to the "it was just self defense trying to escape from the flag swinger" idiocy, there are NO BRAKE LIGHTS on at the time the flag swinger swings so the car was neither decelerating or stopped at that point as you would expect of a car approaching a large crowd of people. No brake lights, 10-15 feet from a crowd that are already starting to scramble out of the way, yet the flag pole swing is the catalyst? Complete and utter bulls**t.

And you can bet $$$$$ that the jury will understand that as well, count on it.

In fact, here is an image where the scuff can be made out on the bumper simultaneously with the flag swing in conjunction with the lack of brake lights. So that verifies at the very least a willingness to jump to conclusions that support their bias on the part of the unnamed poster that was pushing that idea and at the worst a willingness to outright lie.

Yet another BS point from earlier in the thread to toss on the smoldering trash heap of demolished talking points.
I'm always baffled by the tactic of going to ridiculously illogical lengths to support a nutcase like Fields, when every bit of observable evidence says he is guilty as hell. Wouldn't it make more sense to say that this guy is not representative of their white power cause? That he is not one of the "fine folks" on the neo-nazi side? Trying to support this murderer, they come away with zero credibility.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:39 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Micah Schwartzman and Nelson Tebbe present a solid argument that the statues violate our Constitution's Equal Protection Clause. "No one may be relegated to a demeaned status by public officials."

"United States Constitution is superior to any state or local law. Charlottesville officials should rely on its authority to conclude that they not only may but must remove these Confederate monuments."

Charlottesville’s monuments are unconstitutional.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:49 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,346,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I'm always baffled by the tactic of going to ridiculously illogical lengths to support a nutcase like Fields, when every bit of observable evidence says he is guilty as hell. Wouldn't it make more sense to say that this guy is not representative of their white power cause? That he is not one of the "fine folks" on the neo-nazi side? Trying to support this murderer, they come away with zero credibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
But it has been fun hasn't it?

Imagine if the only news you got was from Fox News, Breitbart, InfoWars, National Enquirer, ... an endless stream of half-baked conspiracy theories even more ridiculous than this.
And here we go. Conspiracy theories that minimize Fields' links to the Far Right. This video was posted earlier in the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePsK0dpyu4g

According to the video, the car attack was "staged." Ford Fischer's live stream is evidence. By whom isn't clearly specified although there are several allusions to the government (city stretcher crew, police, military vehicle) standing by waiting. The leaders of the AltRight are plants, as is Ford Fischer, an independent video-journalist who has been following the AltRight for a few years.

Two interesting tidbits:

1. Fields had been in the attack area for an unspecified amount of time. His car was caught on LiveStream about 7 minutes earlier (point 1 below).

2. The protestor march was in the process of turning UP 4th St. presumably heading for the pedestrian mall on Main St.

Some of the points below strike me as so easily explained they are silly (point 3, and all the comments on locations). Others potentially point to a possible murder 1 charge (point 1, if the contention that he left then returned to the scene of the upcoming attack is correct).

Even so, my take remains that Fields may NOT have intended to kill (though he was clearly indifferent to life) but to terrorize, harass. Out of frustration or anger or something more? Dunno.

Quote:
The YouTube notes:
Ford Fischer began LiveStreaming video 7 minutes 40 seconds before the charlottesville car attack. His video is an absolute bombshell for the following reasons:

1. He films the murder vehicle (a Dodge Challenger) on Water Street 7 minutes before the attack.

2. He films the maroon van involved in the incident 5 minutes before the attack. It is already at the intersection of 4th and Water. Ford's video shows that it does not move in the intervening 5 minutes, despite being able to. Nobody appears to be in the front seat.

3. Ford abandons the protest and the neo-Nazis he claims to be following and waits on 5th and Main St for 3 minutes before reacting to the attack. Why is he waiting? He seems to know that something will occur nearby.

We need to look at Ford Fischer and his video very closely. Some questions to consider:

Did Ford Fischer know about the attack before it happened?

Was Ford Fischer using his livestream to signal vehicle locations to people watching it?

Who were the other 'reporters' waiting with Fischer by the green awning?

Why were Police in the parking garage but not at the protest?

Old 08-25-2017, 02:54 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Everyone on the jury will see Fields fleeing an attack prior to the accident. Recorded on video. Establishes doubt.
I don't think you're right, but let's say you are. What exactly will a jury have reasonable doubt about ? Remember, 2nd degree murder in Virginia doesn't require premeditation or intent.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:09 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,004 times
Default The real enemy in Charlottesville wasn't Antifa or the White Supremacists

It's the media. What happened was a tragedy but the media is going out of its way to try and foment more problems by running this over and over and over to try and cause strife in order to divide us.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Yes, yes, yes....it's all Anderson Cooper's fault.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:12 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
I saw the title and thought to myself "he's gonna say 'the media,'" and here we are.

Do I win something for guessing the most predictable answer?

Aslo, I'm triggered by your use of the phrase "running this over and over and over."

Old 08-25-2017, 03:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
I'm no fan of the media but people on both sides did initiate violence and of course one man decided to kill a woman.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:20 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
It's the media. What happened was a tragedy but the media is going out of its way to try and foment more problems by running this over and over and over to try and cause strife in order to divide us.
I think you are too cynical. I do not think the media is out to divide us. I think the majority of media outlets lean left, and a few lean right. I don't think there is a strategy to divide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies