Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 01:24 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

The conservatives are always talking about Obama dividing the country.

I need a list of bad things that he alone did to divide the country. I'm talking about real stuff, not opinion from the internet.

IMO, it was as divided well before he was elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 02:14 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The conservatives are always talking about Obama dividing the country.

I need a list of bad things that he alone did to divide the country. I'm talking about real stuff, not opinion from the internet.

IMO, it was as divided well before he was elected.
It started a really long time ago. Obama, as a POTUS, was definitely interested in improving the lot of America and Americans. He was handed an economy in complete shatters as well as many other problems.

We each have our "defining moments" - and I guess my first ones started early with the Vietnam war and Nixon. It was all confirmation of our worst fears - that IKE was right about the military industrial complex.

After that I would say the "forever" investigation of Bill Clinton was a pretty sad note. We're not talking Russian spies here....but rather a money losing real estate deal. Wow, can you imagine if we held the current admin to such standards?

But the REAL end of it all....I think for myself and for many other...was the appointment of GW by the conservatives in the SCOTUS. That particular move ended any question about how screwed up our system has become. I think even a fiction writer couldn't have dreamed up Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris and the whole plot(s)....ending with his appointment. Then, clearly being incapable of the job, he costs us tens of trillions of dollars and many dead and wounded....money we had to borrow and that our children will be paying back for generations.

Then we have the refusal of the GOP and the right-in-general to accept the (fair) election of Obama - twice. So they refuse to govern, which means chaos and debt and people suffering and dying.

Now we have Steven Bannon running the country and never have we fell so far so fast.

At this point I have zero faith in our system - because, as the founders noted, our system was designed for a moral populace. It doesn't work any other way.

I don't blame Trump. I don't blame Bannon. They are sick individuals. I blame those people who either cast a vote for un-American pols or who didn't vote at all (especially the later).

Old 08-13-2017, 02:20 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
Obama wouldn't be a new target for Trump's venom. I guess you forgot their earlier relationship. Shame on you to remember what YOU want but not all of the facts.
So you think what? Trump is going to resurrect the Birther nonsense? Sure--I remember that, but Trump will only bring it up again if he's an even bigger idiot than first though. Call him out for vacations and golf? Lol. Not likely.

It is a 'new' target in that Trump hasn't been able to use him as an opponent lately. If Obama is out there speaking in public, it will totally anger Trump who will come up with new accusations.

Obama should step up. Trump has been governing the country by dismantling anything Obama accomplished, and he's doing it out of spite and a bruised ego, without any thought of what he's doing to the country. I'd be thrilled to have an adult back.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:32 PM

45,330 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So you think what? Trump is going to resurrect the Birther nonsense? Sure--I remember that, but Trump will only bring it up again if he's an even bigger idiot than first though. Call him out for vacations and golf? Lol. Not likely.

It is a 'new' target in that Trump hasn't been able to use him as an opponent lately. If Obama is out there speaking in public, it will totally anger Trump who will come up with new accusations.

Obama should step up. Trump has been governing the country by dismantling anything Obama accomplished, and he's doing it out of spite and a bruised ego, without any thought of what he's doing to the country. I'd be thrilled to have an adult back.
And yet, when President Obama reversed anti-terror policies of the Bush Administration the former President didn't "step up" (as you put it) because it's generally been understood that the new guy can undo the policies of his predecessor with which he disagrees.

That's true at every level of government. You're from Maryland, I believe? Remember how Hogan rolled back at least a portion of the Rain Tax implemented by the O'Malley Administration? That's what happens except now there's whining going on about it.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And yet, when President Obama reversed anti-terror policies of the Bush Administration the former President didn't "step up" (as you put it) because it's generally been understood that the new guy can undo the policies of his predecessor with which he disagrees.

That's true at every level of government. You're from Maryland, I believe? Remember how Hogan rolled back at least a portion of the Rain Tax implemented by the O'Malley Administration? That's what happens except now there's whining going on about it.
You believe wrong. Have no idea who Hogan is or what you are referring to. Maryland?

Old 08-13-2017, 02:44 PM

45,330 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You believe wrong. Have no idea who Hogan is or what you are referring to. Maryland?
My mistake, someone over there has a similar name.

Doesn't matter in any event. In every single Administration except Washington's it's been standard procedure for a new President to reverse policies of his predecessor with which he disagrees.

Every single president, except Washington, had done so. But now it's somehow "wrong" or "unprecedented".

What you classify as " accomplishments" weren't considered so by a substantial number of people. Trump is reversing some of those just like his successor will change some of his.

It's how the game is played.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:26 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Obama campaigned AGAINST TRUMP hollering "Let's continue My work" .

I guess not that may WANTED his "work" to be continued.
Then why did Hillary get three million more votes than Trump?

Old 08-13-2017, 04:28 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Then why did Hillary get three million more votes than Trump?

California

Old 08-13-2017, 08:52 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I wish China would do this on their own. They are probably the only country that could neutralize North Korea without starting a major war. I wish they would invade, remove the Kim regime, and place a less malignant puppet government in NK. That would be the best case scenario for everyone.
Why not? We outsource everything else...

Old 08-13-2017, 09:33 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Dems should be worried about this. Look at the damage he has done to their party. Barack Obama is the biggest mistake in their history outside of opposing Abe Lincoln in freeing the slaves.
They should be encouraging him to continue his vacation. Even overlooking the damage he's done, clinging to him merely demonstrates they remain stuck in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies