Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 11:21 AM

21,868 posts, read 25,173,926 times

Advertisements

Got off lightly. Getting smacked in the face beats six months in the pen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 11:23 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yet again, alcohol causing people to act stupid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nl_most&wpmm=1
I'll let Nelson say it for me...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

Old 08-13-2017, 11:25 AM

5,112 posts, read 2,055,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Got off lightly. Getting smacked in the face beats six months in the pen.
He's been more lucky than the 2 Chinese tourists who did the same thing. Chinese tourists arrested for Hitler salute in Germany - BBC News

Old 08-13-2017, 11:25 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,764,939 times
Japan is such a contrast.
All convicted war criminals of Japan are worshipped in their national shrine, and Japanese politicians visit it regularly.

I guess the difference is Chinese/Koreans are far less powerful than Jews in the west.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:28 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
One should always carry a billy club in case of nazis.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:29 AM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Japan is such a contrast.
All convicted war criminals of Japan are worshipped their national shrine, and Japanese politicians visit it regularly.

I guess the difference is Chinese/Koreans are far less powerful than Jews in the west.
There are still some in Japan that deny the massacre of Nanjing. The imperial Japanese were every bit as racist as the Germans were. Both regimes promoted and believed in racial superiority. They used this during the time to justify the atrocities committed. It was a truly horrific period of time for the world, and we must never let the world forget, so that history does not repeat.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:39 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Not much for random violence, but if you go out of your way to be a provocative little punk, someone might take you up on it. Stupidity is the universal crime.

That being said, the guy who resorted to violence will end up in the pen if found. Germans dislike brawlers as well as nazis.

Also, don't be drunk in public at 8:15 am. And at age 41, seriously?

Old 08-13-2017, 11:41 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,072,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is what I was asking.

Did the guy deserve to get beat up? The kid in NK certainly didn't deserve to die for taking down a propaganda poster in his hotel room.

We do need to respect the culture of countries that we visit but I would rather see education over a beating for a mistake that was made by a stupid tourist that should have known better.

Of course being drunk in public is stupid and that would anger me more then some stupid salute. I wonder if he was being a total a** and if he had given the middle finger salute if he would have been beat up?
The man was 41 years of age.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:42 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hmmmm..... the illness that is Liberalism seems to be contagious and is now breaking out in Germany.

SO what if the guy gave a nazi salute? Does he deserve to beat up by a member of the party of diversity and acceptance?

What is wrong with these liberals who jump to violence instead of talking it out?
It sounds like the "nazi" guy was acting in an insensitive way and maybe needed an education as to why it is not appropriate to salute like Hitler in Dresden.

Why are so many people so ready to jump to anger when they see something they don't like?
]

Why not ask the crasher in Charlottesville? Or does he just not fit your ' liberals ' whine?

Old 08-13-2017, 11:44 AM

27,197 posts, read 13,489,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yet again, alcohol causing people to act stupid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nl_most&wpmm=1
Obviously this idiot was not aware that the bombing and subsequent destruction of Dresden by British and American aircraft towards the end of WW2 remains very controversial and a very sensitive subject. So an American going around doing Nazi salutes in Dresden is not going to go down too well at all, I just hope he has learned a valuable lesson in life.

The Dresden Bombing is a central part of Kurt Vonnegut's famous book Slaughterhouse-Five.

Slaughterhouse-Five - Wikipedia

Dresden bombing 70 years on: A survivor recalls the horror he witnessed in the German city | The Independent

I survived the bombing of Dresden and continue to believe it was a war crime - Guardian

Dresden was a civilian town with no military significance. Why did we burn its people? - Telegraph

Last edited by Brave New World; 08-13-2017 at 12:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies