Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 03:02 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times

Advertisements

If the Senate doesn't impeach her, it's setting a precedent that it's okay for senators to
publicly encourage assasinating a president.

I suspect wimpy republicans will be too worried of being called racists since she's black, and this will get ignored probably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 03:08 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't know anything about this woman, so can't say she's a racist. It was an ignorant thing to say but doesn't automatically make her a racist.

But man, you have to be dumber than dumb to do something like this.
That's why I love social media. Get peoples true feelings and ideals out in the open. Easier to deal with a known than an unknown.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:11 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Just read the story and am totally shocked, but of course I do not always believe exactly what I read. If there is truth to this it shows how there is as much or more racism on other side.

MPowering1 you do not need to know anything about her to know she is a racist
Wait what does that mean? You don't have to know anything about her to know she's racist?

Old 08-18-2017, 03:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
If the Senate doesn't impeach her, it's setting a precedent that it's okay for senators to
publicly encourage assasinating a president.

I suspect wimpy republicans will be too worried of being called racists since she's black, and this will get ignored probably.

I think some of the Republicans have made some pretty inflammatory statements about Trump, too, so I'm not sure they'll want to go on a witch hunt.

Someone said she's not black, but Cuban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's why I love social media. Get peoples true feelings and ideals out in the open. Easier to deal with a known than an unknown.
I'm with you. These people with no self-control can let it all out and at least we'll know who we're really dealing with.

That's why when small businesses refuse to sell to gay people - I'm all for not mandating otherwise. Let their small mindedness become public knowledge so people don't bother putting money in their pockets.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Wait what does that mean? You don't have to know anything about her to know she's racist?
It was in response to my initial post saying I didn't know much about her.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:14 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Yep, that "post" button is a one way trip. Just like she'll be getting with a small room with no windows and hours upon hours of questions from the Secret Service.

Even if she just typed it meaning to delete it and then posted it by accident...big mistake.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:20 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
She quickly deleted it, but not before it was reported.

How stupid are people that they do this kind of thing and then say it was only out of frustration? As adults, shouldn't you better manage your frustration and other emotions?

‘I hope Trump is assassinated,’ Missouri lawmaker writes, and quickly regrets
She is forced to resign. Free speech in America is dead. Its time to change the first amendment and call it a day.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:21 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,282,729 times
Quote:
Someone said she's not black, but Cuban.
The statement - I believe from one of her constituents - is that she's Cuban rather than African-American. Ethnic history, not race. You can be black and Cuban or black and African-American.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yep, that "post" button is a one way trip. Just like she'll be getting with a small room with no windows and hours upon hours of questions from the Secret Service.

Even if she just typed it meaning to delete it and then posted it by accident...big mistake.
You would think people who post on social media would know better. It seems like it's pretty easy to capture something even if it's removed within moments. And witch hunts are in, so thinking nobody is going to spread the word about what you've posted is both foolish and naive.

Someone this devoid of common sense should probably find another job.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:23 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
You would think people who post on social media would know better. It seems like it's pretty easy to capture something even if it's removed within moments. And witch hunts are in, so thinking nobody is going to spread the word about what you've posted is both foolish and naive.

Someone this devoid of common sense should probably find another job.
No doubt. I think we've all typed what we WANT to say and then had the common sense to wipe it out and type something smarter LOL. She probably hit post by accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies