Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 07:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Let's imagine a white conservative elected politician had done the same for Obama. HE or she would already be in jail and the MSM would be running the story 24/7.
Sure they would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I am no fan of Trump. I think he is a disaster of a President and I would not vote for him if you put a gun to my head.

That said, what Mo. State Senator Chappelle-Nadal posted is vile and reprehensible!! Disgusting.

I am glad to see Democrats in Missouri are calling for her to resign. She should immediately.

From the Washington Post:

"Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) released a statement condemning*the remark and saying Chappelle-Nadal should resign. Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) said that, "(C)alling for the assassination of the President is a federal crime. … (She is) an embarrassment to our state,” according to the Post-Dispatch."
Hate to burst their bubble, but she made no threat or did she incite violence, so unless her district votes her out there is nothing they can actually do about it.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:17 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Again, for what?
Threatening the president's life -- it's against the law.

Actually, she only "wished" for his assassination.

She probably can't be prosecuted for that.

But she can be questioned by the Secret Service to see if she is more than just "wishing" that is motivating her.

She said she "regretted" posting her wish, but she has refused to apologize.

So it appears that the only thing she "regrets" is getting caught -- LOL.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:20 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times
Quote:
Hate to burst their bubble, but she made no threat or did she incite violence, so unless her district votes her out there is nothing they can actually do about it.
The Missouri State Senate can expel her under its own rules forbidding "disorderly conduct".

It seems that they are going to do so.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:22 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,965 times
Quote:
Pathetic how you excuse her disgusting behavior and words. I can only imagine if a Republican lawmaker had said this about Obama. Classless democrats have shown their true colors during this election.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Threatening the president's life -- it's against the law.

Actually, she only "wished" for his assassination.

She probably can't be prosecuted for that.

But she can be questioned by the Secret Service to see if she is more than just "wishing" that is motivating her.

She said she "regretted" posting her wish, but she has refused to apologize.

So it appears that the only thing she "regrets" is getting caught -- LOL.
Yes, it is, and she did not threaten his life.

Correct.

Waste of time and I doubt they will do any such thing.

Her problem.

Like most people that shoot off their mouth without thinking it through first.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Pathetic how you excuse her disgusting behavior and words. I can only imagine if a Republican lawmaker had said this about Obama. Classless democrats have shown their true colors during this election.
So sorry, Skippy, but I did nothing of the sort. Reading is fundamental, this thread is proof positive of that.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:30 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,965 times
Quote:
So sorry, Skippy, but I did nothing of the sort. Reading is fundamental, this thread is proof positive of that.
I was responding to YOUR posts, nitwit! I don't have time to read though nine pages of posts.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:30 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I highly doubt she'll be forced out and she has already refused calls to resign.

her career with the democrats is just getting started.

As political leaders call for her resignation, she says “there’s no way in hell that I’m resigning.”

Yep. Hell, she's probably one of the favorites now to win the 2020 Democratic nomination for President.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:07 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,581,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Let's imagine a white conservative elected politician had done the same for Obama. HE or she would already be in jail and the MSM would be running the story 24/7.
THIS ^^^ is what is so alarming about the state of our country right now.
We have such a double standard and biased imbalance being perpetuated by the media, our education system, our entertainment industry, and the deep state -- they have created a vice grip over the exposure of it by creating the fear of being called racist or whatever and ridiculing any exposure of the fact that the MAJORITY of the bigots, racists, anarchists, criminals, corruption, and hatemomgers are on the left.
It's not hyperbole to say this imbalance of power, of information, and indoctrination is how facism or totalitarianism takes over a country.

Right wingers HAVE done this in other countries, but here we are seeing it with the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies