Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 07:46 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,769,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Well Missouri state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal ..... your career is over. Stupidity is not limited to Republicans.
Agreed. She should resign ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 06:34 AM

17,478 posts, read 9,305,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I highly doubt she'll be forced out and she has already refused calls to resign.

her career with the democrats is just getting started.

As political leaders call for her resignation, she says “there’s no way in hell that I’m resigning.”
Missouri Senate Ready To Expel Lawmaker Who Threatened Trump’s Life |Daily Caller - 8/19/17
Missouri Lt. Gov. Mike Parson informed a state Democratic lawmaker who threatened President Trump’s life to resign by September 13 or the state Senate will move to expel her.

Parson, a former sheriff who also serves as the president of Missouri’s State Senate, pointed to a section of the Missouri Constitution that relates to penalties for lawmakers guilty of “contempt and disorderly conduct.”

Missouri Democratic and Republican lawmakers called for her to resign from her seat, including most recently Democratic Missouri Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver.

“I’m not going to do something that I haven’t heard many Republicans do on the air or in private. Anyone who labels anyone or any group of all races unless that is the purpose of the group, I disagree with it. A state senator here in Missouri called for the assassination of Donald Trump,” Cleaver said on Fox News Saturday.

“About 30 seconds after she made the comment, I issued a request for her resignation. She does not deserve to be an elected official in the state that I love–Missouri. She doesn’t deserve to anywhere in this country.”

Lawmakers from both sides of the aisle across Missouri Government are calling for her resignation, including the Caucus Leader in her own Party in the State House. I'm betting she is not "untouchable".
She is both foolish and arrogant - she is done in elected Politics. She will probably go back to Organizing for Black Lives Matter.

Missouri senator's death wish for Trump brings Lt. Gov. to Springfield as expulsion looms |Springfield News Leader - 8/18/17
Parson referred to a section of the Missouri Constitution pertaining to punishment for lawmakers guilty of "contempt and disorderly conduct," then gave Chappelle-Nadal an ultimatum: Resign by the date of the upcoming veto session (Sept. 13) or face expulsion from the Senate.

"It is my hope that she will heed to the calls to resign, rather than force her fellow lawmakers to make the decision for her," Parson said. Parson also said Attorney General Josh Hawley's office had been asked to provide a legal opinion of the section in the state constitution, which says two-thirds of the Senate could vote for expulsion of another member.

An expulsion would be a first for Missouri, Parson said, "but if there was ever a time to do it, now is the time."

Old 08-20-2017, 06:44 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,451,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I highly doubt she'll be forced out and she has already refused calls to resign.

her career with the democrats is just getting started.

As political leaders call for her resignation, she says “there’s no way in hell that I’m resigning.”
No reason for her to resign or worry about reelection.

She undoubtedly reflects the character of her constituents.

It will be interesting to see whether the Missouri State Senate expels her.

If it does, she'll just be replaced by another one like her.

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-20-2017 at 07:13 AM..

Old 08-20-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I missed the statements from the leaders of the national Democrat Party. What do Obama/Hillary/Schumer/Pelosi have to say about this? If they don't condemn it, that means they endorse it right? That's the rule applied to conservatives.
Good point.

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-20-2017 at 07:13 AM..

Old 08-20-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
If the Senate doesn't impeach her, it's setting a precedent that it's okay for senators to
publicly encourage assasinating a president.

I suspect wimpy republicans will be too worried of being called racists since she's black, and this will get ignored probably.
Yes.

Republicans are scared to death of being called racist. They're all squishy on the subject.

BTW, thank you for your earlier posts.

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-20-2017 at 07:10 AM..

Old 08-20-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Someone said she's not black, but Cuban.
You can be both.

Cuban is not a race.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,971,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I hope they lock her up.
For what?

Old 08-20-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Lock Her Up.
Throw away the key.
Again, for what?

Old 08-20-2017, 07:06 AM

Politicians can get away with stuff the rest of us can't get away with.

The Clintons are a prime example of that.

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-20-2017 at 07:18 AM..

Old 08-20-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Time for the secret service to pay her a little "visit." Hope she likes orange jump suits.
Why would they do that and locked up for what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies