Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Trump resign?
Yes 71 45.51%
No 85 54.49%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 06:40 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Trump is, IMO, a sociopath and narcissist so, it is unlikely that he is capable of acknowleging failure. He is inherently evil, but his personality disorders prevent him from actually accomplishing anything significant. As much as I despise his very existence and do my best to avoid ever hearing his voice, he is still the lesser of two evils. Mike Pence's ideology is decidedly more conservative and influenced by his religious beliefs. I believe Pence has the mental fortitude to effect real policy change that would be a real detriment to our country. Trump, as vile and repulsive as he is, continues to be his own worst enemy. He will accomplish nothing. Pence on the other hand, is a true danger and, he has already demonstrated he's quite adept at lying if it supports his agenda.
You're probably right. With all the evil doing and craziness from Trump, he's actually stirring things up a bit and people are starting to take notice and get involved. Before, people were too apathetic. Now that things could get dangerous--North Korea, health insurance revoked, Nazis and KKK, people are finally looking up from their phones and wondering if maybe JUST MAYBE something is wrong. And something needs to be done.

So a side effect of Trump is that people are noticing and getting involved. People who never called a congress person in their entire lives are getting on the phone. People are talking and thinking again. Waking up!

Old 08-17-2017, 06:52 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,152,594 times
I am so happy Trump is president. He is doing wonderful things for the average people and he is making a big difference for many Americans.

CNN and all those liberal hate networks trying to take President Trump down with radical hate words and lies daily is NOT WORKING... They want a one sided totalitarian media and working daily to expand the hate.. not going to work. No weapon of hate formed against truth will prosper.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:57 PM

25,440 posts, read 9,798,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am so happy Trump is president. He is doing wonderful things for the average people and he is making a big difference for many Americans.

CNN and all those liberal hate networks trying to take President Trump down with radical hate words and lies daily is NOT WORKING... They want a one sided totalitarian media and working daily to expand the hate.. not going to work. No weapon of hate formed against truth will prosper.

What sorts of wonderful things is he doing for average people, and how is he making a big difference for many Americans? I am sincerely asking these questions.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:59 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
So Trump went through all the trouble of colluding with Russia in order to win only to resign after seven months because it's too hard? Poppycock and twaddle, I say!

(Please note the sarcasm)

Do you think he ever anticipated that any of this would all surface and that he would be facing all the heat and investigations that he has had over the past 8 months ? He thought he would be the guy in charge when he won and he, and he alone, would call all the shots......ala The Apprentice. I bet he wakes up every morning and goes, "Oh, s*** ! What are they going to find out today ?"

Nope, he thought it would be a stroll in the park, but that ain't exactly what he has had, day in, day out. He is going to either fold, or be asked to go.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
You're probably right. With all the evil doing and craziness from Trump, he's actually stirring things up a bit and people are starting to take notice and get involved. Before, people were too apathetic. Now that things could get dangerous--North Korea, health insurance revoked, Nazis and KKK, people are finally looking up from their phones and wondering if maybe JUST MAYBE something is wrong. And something needs to be done.

So a side effect of Trump is that people are noticing and getting involved. People who never called a congress person in their entire lives are getting on the phone. People are talking and thinking again. Waking up!
You have been taken in by the hate and propaganda,If that is what you be actually believe about our president. You do not look at all at the good things because the liberal network NEVER says ONE THING Positive about Trump, if someone spoke negatively about you, me or anyone whether it was God The Pope Jesus Or Mother Theresa everyone would hate them too. Just sayin...

Old 08-17-2017, 07:08 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Donald Trump’s Art of the Deal co-author Tony Schwartz is predicting that the president is getting ready to call it quits ― and that the resignation will happen soon.

https://twitter.com/tonyschwartz/sta...74152039821312

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-art-...065737623.html

I sure hope so. He deserves to be impeached but would save the country a lot of grief if he just resigned. Although, Trump doing anything honorable is a waste of time. Still, being given only two options, impeachment or resignation, he would probably resign... probably.
I've been saying the same thing for a while. I think he's crapping in his pants over what is going to be found in his financial dealings in this investigation. Now, whether it gets shut down if he's no longer president, I'm not sure. But I think that is his assumption and he's trying to gin up something bad enough to drown out the questions about finances while he skulks out of town.

In reality, I'm not convinced it will *really* happen, but I think it's at least a possibility.

Either that or his mental capacity is slipping so far, so fast to think that the President can align himself with white supremacists and neo Nazis and that's ok. So maybe they will end up having to invoke the 25th Amendment instead. And he can go on doing what he's doing, which is staying at Trump-owned properties and playing golf and embarrassing himself on Twitter. He just won't be the President while doing it.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:09 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Quote:
You have been taken in by the hate and propaganda,If that is what you be actually believe about our president. You do not look at all at the good things because the liberal network NEVER says ONE THING Positive about Trump, if someone spoke negatively about you, me or anyone whether it was God The Pope Jesus Or Mother Theresa everyone would hate them too. Just sayin...

No, actually, it is you who has been taken in. Taken in by a con man who found something hidden deep inside you that you were afraid to say yourself, and you found someone who was crude and rude enough to say those words to whomever it was that you were angry at. He is your weapon.

As for the liberal network never saying ONE THING positive about Trump, that is because there is NOTHING positive TO SAY about him. NOTHING, ZERO. We realize his cult finds that offensive, but look around you and do you think so many people around the world simply got together and all decided to conspire to hate this one person ? Nope, they are just more aware of what he is and what he is trying to do, and have to call it like it is.

Trump is a loser, a con man, in over his head, and dishonest as Hell.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:15 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
Quote:
You think I watch liberal networks. I read online, mostly Reuters. And I watch Trump on tv and listen to what he says. All you have to do is listen to what he says and see what he does to see that he is not a man of principle. You can tell that the things he says are mostly to appeal to what he thinks people want to hear, not what is good for the country.

Well, I, for one, do NOT like what I hear and see from him. I do not like what I hear from Pence either--same with most of them. I just do not agree. Maybe you swallow what you hear on radio or tv and you don't actually listen to what the person says or try to figure out what they are saying it. But many of us believe in getting it "from the horse's mouth."

Old 08-17-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What sorts of wonderful things is he doing for average people, and how is he making a big difference for many Americans? I am sincerely asking these questions.
Vets do not have to wait to see a dr. They can go to a hopital if the waiting time is too long,, McCain never did this, Plus if any VA hospital employee does not do their job to their higher standards they will be let go. This means a higher standard to serve every vet with better care.

Jobs created by passing both pipelines creating good jobs for many Americans and their families.

Trump has heard the call from mothers and father's who have had their children
murdered by illegal criminals who come here with no respect for our laws or American people.

President Trump has gathered the many violent gang members who have a bad violent history of killing teens and heinous crimes of raping babies.

President Trump is very concerned about the drug epidemic killing 50,000 people a year. More than car accidents. This is killing our youth as drug dealers go after the young ones who are more easily persuaded to take drugs,

Trump is also concerned with people who live paycheck to paycheck, Trump wants to lower taxes giving more buying power to the average worker to keep more of their paycheck,

Trump also wants better jobs for those who live in the inner cities and wants companies to employ Americans instead of the world. Trump wants our money to stay in America and circulate here in our economy instead of shipping all our money to China and Mexico for their products. The CEO's don't want to employ Americans. They rather let the rich get richer and let our people , many of them live in poverty.

And many many more changes that will help the average American,

Old 08-17-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
You think I watch liberal networks. I read online, mostly Reuters. And I watch Trump on tv and listen to what he says. All you have to do is listen to what he says and see what he does to see that he is not a man of principle. You can tell that the things he says are mostly to appeal to what he thinks people want to hear, not what is good for the country.

Well, I, for one, do NOT like what I hear and see from him. I do not like what I hear from Pence either--same with most of them. I just do not agree. Maybe you swallow what you hear on radio or tv and you don't actually listen to what the person says or try to figure out what they are saying it. But many of us believe in getting it "from the horse's mouth."
The post above is why I like Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies