Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Texas get federal clean-up funds?
Yes, it's the right thing to do 126 87.50%
No, they should practice what they preach 18 12.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 11:25 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

Watching Pence now. I have no use for his politics, but THIS is how a president acts at times like this. Take note, Trump!

Old 08-31-2017, 11:27 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I am a member of the "left"and I have never supported that narrative and I dont know anyone who has, including the media.

You are over exaggerating to the point of absolutism.
I disagree.

I see a huge movement to squash all remnants of anything not deemed fitting by the media/Left because society can't "move forward" if we don't act now.

Again, this story proves that narrative wrong.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:30 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Articles like this really annoy the ish outta me.

Who cares about the confederate flag? Have any of you ever been to any southern state? I bet you those white people with confederate flags are more open to more races and tolerable of things than some northern liberals are.

Seriously, I'm black and used to hang out with southern rednecks all the time. These people will literally give you their shirt off your back if you need it.

This whole "OMG IF YOU HAVE A CONFEDERATE FLAG, YOURE A NAZI" narrative is really the silliest crap I've read in a long time.

Keep drinking that "race division" Kool-Aid, folks. I've seen more racism from white liberals than white southerners.

To me, what's racist is having a white person determine what is or isn't racist to me. Like I don't have the ability to think for myself. This white knighting stuff is so irritating.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:31 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
[quote=Horizonite;49374904]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
See Donny, even Pence can be decent! Watch your vice-president to see how

You'll find something wrong in Pence's trip as well.
You're right. I'm already offended by the Governor's lauding Pence's "Lord-Inspired Leadership." What the...

Old 08-31-2017, 11:35 AM

1,207 posts, read 1,282,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Love it. Neighbors helping neighbors. Humanity, not partisan politics. Also, people in the South understand what people int he North don't. The Confederate flag is not a symbol of oppression, it's a symbol of Southern pride.
That flag is not a symbol of Southern pride to me or anyone on my family.

And I'd do the same whether the person was waving a Confederate flag or an Antifa flag. Life is worth more than identity politics.

Seriously tho, the flag needs to go. The Confederacy was only around for 4 years, and much of the South would rather not glorify a painful time in our history. If you need a flag so much, make a different one.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:54 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

Who cares about the confederate flag? Have any of you ever been to any southern state? I bet you those white people with confederate flags are more open to more races and tolerable of things than some northern liberals are.

Seriously, I'm black and used to hang out with southern rednecks all the time. These people will literally give you their shirt off your back if you need it.

This whole "OMG IF YOU HAVE A CONFEDERATE FLAG, YOURE A NAZI" narrative is really the silliest crap I've read in a long time.

Keep drinking that "race division" Kool-Aid, folks. I've seen more racism from white liberals than white southerners.

To me, what's racist is having a white person determine what is or isn't racist to me. Like I don't have the ability to think for myself. This white knighting stuff is so irritating.
I hear you and I agree. I also agree with your previous post. Too bad I can't rep you again.

To me, flying the flag does not automatically make somebody racist. I think it all depends on intention.

The op is right, the media blew it (the whole race thing) way out of proportion. I think the purpose is to keep us divided.

In my opinion, race relationship has always been the same. Obama didn't make it worse, Trump didn't make it worse either. Quite frankly, 350 years' worth of historical baggage leading to major socio-economic and cultural divides was not going to be erased over night. One or two elections won't change that on their own.

All these being said,

Race relations is a specious concept, and a self-perpetuating problem.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:56 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

whitesplaining... this place is filled with folks telling Black people how they think and act.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I disagree.

I see a huge movement to squash all remnants of anything not deemed fitting by the media/Left because society can't "move forward" if we don't act now.

Again, this story proves that narrative wrong.
And I disagree that that narrative exists. So we agree to disagree

but based on the sample size of this thread, the only people who actually agree with your analysis are you and other conservatives . No leftist has supported your claim of what others leftist believe. That should be a clue for you.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:03 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,022,082 times
Way too heavy with the Jesus stuff

Old 08-31-2017, 12:04 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
And I disagree that that narrative exists. So we agree to disagree

but based on the sample size of this thread, the only people who actually agree with your analysis are you and other conservatives . No leftist has supported your claim of what others leftist believe. That should be a clue for you.
well, if he could change "left" to corporate media and FAR left , his op would be nearly perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies