Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Shoot looters on sight?
Yes 132 51.76%
No 112 43.92%
I'm too wishy-washy to have an opinion. 11 4.31%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 01:29 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
We're talking about someone who's walking down the street with a tv, cell phone, etc. Not someone breaking into a residence with people inside. Furthermore, it sounds like you are rushing to judgement by saying that these people are guilty of (rape, murder, torture, maim, etc.) before proving innocents and then acting upon that judgement by shooting them.

Simply if you shoot someone for walking down the street with property, you'll be doing time for murder.
Did that tv or cell phone walk out of the house and into the crook's hands? Hardly.

And if you have an item in your possession that was not purchased by you, and you took from a residence, I can pretty much assume you're guilty.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:31 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Did that tv or cell phone walk out of the house and into the crook's hands? Hardly.

And if you have an item in your possession that was not purchased by you, and you took from a residence, I can pretty much assume you're guilty.
You must have some really nice criminals. So while they are walking down the street with something in their hands, they are also yelling out to all around them that the item they are carrying is stolen? I wish they would do that here, because how else would we know for sure if what they are carrying is stolen or purchased?

Old 09-07-2017, 01:36 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If it's your property...sure. That's because you know you didn't give consent.

Other property you don't know if they have consent. Can't do it.
My thoughts exactly, which is why I voted "no." I assumed that defending your own property or person with deadly force was always OK, disaster or not.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:43 PM

309 posts, read 516,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That's because you don't understand the rights of private property and self-ownership.

A television simply doesn't appear in my house.

I must use the fruits of my labor to buy, make, or trade for one. My mind, body, and actions are my own. When I put them into motion only then do I have the ability to attain the tv.

When you break into my house or business and steal my TV you've taken ownership of my mind, body and actions that resulted in the fruits of my labor that allowed me to attain the tv.

You claim to value human life but are clearly OK with making me your slave by confiscating the fruits of my labor without my consent. That is not valuing life.

Anyone who does not value life (which by definition is someone who steals a tv) has relinquished their rights. In other words, once you break the non-aggression principle the victim may defend his life (private property is life) any way he sees fit.
Excellent succinct comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies